BDL 2019 Week 1 - Seoul Dragons @ Singapore Sentinels

Whicker

Seoul Dragons @ Singapore Sentinels  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Seoul Dragons
    • Singapore Sentinels

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2019 at 04:00 AM

8 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

oh man I'm so confused...haha.

Does he not line up at DE?  Where is he at linebacker...seriously I'm lost.  I don't recall SirA1's game plan including a 3 or 5 tech, but just that he was one of the 3 defensive lineman.

Wade Phillips’ 3-4 is essentially a 4-3 except with the rush end/LB lining up in a 2 point stance on the weak side and a traditional SLB lined up in the normal 3-4 rush LOLB spot. So instead of rush DE you have rush LB (Dante Fowler) and then you have a DT (Donald) that lines up the same as a DT in a 4-3, an NT that lines up as a two-gap instead of a one-gap DT (Joseph-Day), a typical 5 tech DE (Brockers), and then an SLB that lines up at the line (Clay Matthews)

Edited by Whicker

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Wade Phillips’ 3-4 is essentially a 4-3 except with the rush end/LB lining up in a 2 point stance on the weak side and a traditional SLB lined up in the normal 3-4 rush LOLB spot. So instead of rush DE you have rush LB (Dante Fowler) and then you have a DT (Donald) that lines up the same as a DT in a 4-3, an NT that lines up as a two-gap instead of a one-gap DT (Joseph-Day), a typical 5 tech DE (Brockers), and then an SLB that lines up at the line (Clay Matthews)

Thanks for that...makes more sense now.

So basically what he's saying is for this to work sing needs to have an olb in a 2 point stance at the 5t position?  

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Thanks for that...makes more sense now.

So basically what he's saying is for this to work sing needs to have an olb in a 2 point stance at the 5t position?  

Yeah. Well not a 5T. 5T is the DE spot.

So a 4-3 you have two rush ends and 2 rush DTs. A 4-3 under shifts a DT over one spot to NT (so they play two gaps rather than one) and moves the strong side DE over one spot as well to also play two gaps. It then runs the strong-side linebacker down from the second level to the line of scrimmage to control the D gap on the strong side.

So instead of:

WLB  MLB  SLB   
  DE   DT   DT    DE

You have:

WLB   MLB
OLB    DT  NT  DE   SLB

So in SirA's formation, the OLB/DE is Danielle Hunter (Fowler on Rams) and he would play in a two-point stance. Preston Smith is the SLB.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Is that the night you decided to not guard David Johnson? 

I thought the plan did cover it...No specific names were not used but I felt the plan covered the short and intermediate routes.

"We will dial up some zone blitzes, as well as including fake blitzes off the edge, dropping outside backers into zone coverage in an attempt to confuse their quarterback into holding onto the ball a little longer. This puts six defenders into coverage for the short and intermediate routes where we expect the Dragons to target"

Guess we need to be more clear on this by including names, just didn't think we needed to being zone coverage. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I thought the plan did cover it...No specific names were not used but I felt the plan covered the short and intermediate routes.

"We will dial up some zone blitzes, as well as including fake blitzes off the edge, dropping outside backers into zone coverage in an attempt to confuse their quarterback into holding onto the ball a little longer. This puts six defenders into coverage for the short and intermediate routes where we expect the Dragons to target"

Guess we need to be more clear on this by including names, just didn't think we needed to being zone coverage. 

I’m with you on this one. Zone coverage doesn’t have to name names 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Sure when you do some zone blitzing that's not the issue the issue is when you're not 

With injuries to Green and Coutee, I’m preparing for Hilton, Williams, Crowder and Kelce being the top receiving options this week with a second TE a possibility as well in Hooper/Everrett.

A healthy Deion Jones will cover Kelce underneath with a second defender in Bates over the top and should help eliminate any big plays in the seam. Hilton will be covered by Trae Waynes. Bradley Roby will cover Williams. John Johnson will be in his normal robber role while not covering the slot in the base defense. Desmond King II, the best slot CB in the BDL, will come in on nickel situations and take over the slot. In Dime situations Kareem Jackson will be the second defender on Kelce letting Jessie Bates slide to deep coverage over the top.

While rushing five, You have kelce double teamed.  The wr single covered and a robber safety... Which leaves well,. No one left on Johnson 

5 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I’m with you on this one. Zone coverage doesn’t have to name names 

You're right but

Right...if you start naming names it just turns into man coverage, which isn't what we were looking to do here.

On 09/09/2019 at 2:10 AM, Whicker said:

Defensive Strategy

Formations:   3-4 Base/ 4-2-5 (Nickel) / 3-2 Big Dime | Scheme:  Cover 1 / Man with Blitz 

While I agree that the quoted part of the gameplan Mike did cover for the short to middle area, it is in specific cases (zone blitzes) that, if I read correctly, do not amount to the majority of those snaps which are played in man

Edited by TedLavie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Sure when you do some zone blitzing that's not the issue the issue is when you're not 

With injuries to Green and Coutee, I’m preparing for Hilton, Williams, Crowder and Kelce being the top receiving options this week with a second TE a possibility as well in Hooper/Everrett.

A healthy Deion Jones will cover Kelce underneath with a second defender in Bates over the top and should help eliminate any big plays in the seam. Hilton will be covered by Trae Waynes. Bradley Roby will cover Williams. John Johnson will be in his normal robber role while not covering the slot in the base defense. Desmond King II, the best slot CB in the BDL, will come in on nickel situations and take over the slot. In Dime situations Kareem Jackson will be the second defender on Kelce letting Jessie Bates slide to deep coverage over the top.

While rushing five, You have kelce double teamed.  The wr single covered and a robber safety... Which leaves well,. No one left on Johnson 

Okay...

Right...if you start naming names it just turns into man coverage, which isn't what we were looking to do here.

Well the way the write up reads, it sounds like you're playing man when you do coverage assignments.  If it was supposed to be all zone all the time, you should have said so 

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

You're right but

While I agree that the quoted part of the gameplan Mike did covers for the short to middle area, it is in specific cases (zone blitzes) that, if I read correctly, do not amount to the majority of those snaps which are played in man

No worries man...It was our first attempt at co writing a game plan.  We'll clean it up next week.

2 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

You're right but

While I agree that the quoted part of the gameplan Mike did covers for the short to middle area, it is in specific cases (zone blitzes) that, if I read correctly, do not amount to the majority of those snaps which are played in man

What he said lol