Sunday Night Football - Steelers @ Patriots

Dome

8 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

1479496593379.gif

It's why you should have answered honest, Malf.  Ben looks fat.  But then, Ben has looked fat for a while now.  He's not quite to Pillsbury Throwboy level yet, but a couple more binge-eating sessions spurred on by the depression of losing the way he did tonight and there's nothing he can't achieve.

28 minutes ago, showtime said:

I mean, I just asked a question because I wasn't able to see the game tonight.  Wasn't trying to poke fun at Big Ben or JuJu.

Well, JuJu Smith-Schuster was bracketed all night, and the other WRs had a lot of drops, and Ben Roethlisberger kept overthrowing deep, so the offense didn't do much because the defense didn't have to stay honest.

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:
3 hours ago, showtime said:

How does Big Ben and JuJu look without Antonio Brown?

1 hour ago, Bassomatic said:

A statistician would refuse to answer that question based on the sample size being too small.

luckily this in NFL Gen.

I say absolutely abysmal! Without Brown, they are pathetic losers!

tenor.gif

• Like 3

To answer the question about Ben and JuJu without AB, just fine.

What happened tonight had nothing and I do mean nothing to do with Antonio Brown not being on our roster.

One teams coaching staff prepared their team for this game, created an excellent gameplan, and executed it. The other did not. 

Sadly it REALLY IS that simple. I never thought we would win this game. I didnt think we would skip the flight to NE and just stay back in Pittsburgh though. The entire team looked awful. There's a lot of new pieces and they clearly were not working well together, the gameplan or lack there of sucked and we were not prepared.

You CANNOT show up against the most dominant AFC team in the league and play JV ball.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

To answer the question about Ben and JuJu without AB, just fine.

What happened tonight had nothing and I do mean nothing to do with Antonio Brown not being on our roster.

Don’t know about that. The way NE played Pittsburgh last year was clearly with the intention of taking AB/JJSS out of the game. There were plenty of plays where both guys were doubled, even. Taking AB out of the equation let NE bracket JJSS or have Gilmore take him man-to-man, without taking extra players either out of the box or out of their places in the secondary. It came up big in stopping the run, especially those counters that Samuels abused us with last season. 

It’s game planning, but game planning that was largely possible because there was only one big time threat on offense instead of two. On the field, they could’ve used Brown last night - look no further than any film of Donte Moncrief trying to catch a ball.

52 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Don’t know about that. The way NE played Pittsburgh last year was clearly with the intention of taking AB/JJSS out of the game. There were plenty of plays where both guys were doubled, even. Taking AB out of the equation let NE bracket JJSS or have Gilmore take him man-to-man, without taking extra players either out of the box or out of their places in the secondary. It came up big in stopping the run, especially those counters that Samuels abused us with last season. 

It’s game planning, but game planning that was largely possible because there was only one big time threat on offense instead of two. On the field, they could’ve used Brown last night - look no further than any film of Donte Moncrief trying to catch a ball.

i said this in the steelers forum

i do not believe the problem was juju not being able to step up and be AB, but rather it was that moncrief couldn’t setup up and be juju

the upshot of this of course being that juju wasn’t able to do what AB did to you guys last year, not as such because he is not good enough, but because the guys below him weren’t good enough to ease the pressure on him

and you can pretty much see this by the fact gilmore was able to have his way with him, plus just as a general rule the fact that our offense as a whole wasn’t able to get going mainly due to those depth guys like moncrief sucking ***, essentially i don’t think it’s fair to compare juju to AB last year given AB had juju to take heat off him and vice versa, whereas i don’t see donte moncrief taking heat of juju... here’s hoping that diontae and washington develop 

Edited by Shady Slim

I don’t think the Steelers defense was that bad last night its just that the offense left them out there to dry. Juju is good but it’s clear he can’t carry that offense alone, the guys that were asked to step up clearly did not. Specially moncrief who had like 5 drops and just 7 total yards, his contribution amounted to just inches worth offense. Ben looked over the hill too but none of his WRs stepped up to the challenge. Truth is and I know Steeler fans don’t want to hear this but they just didn’t have Antonio Brown to bail them out anymore. He could literally jump start that offense and that’s just not there anymore. They are not explosive.  It’s week one but the Steelers just need to find their identity on the offensive side of the ball. Tomlin actually needs step up and teach this unit how to be successful.