Buy / Sell / Hold

Forge

1 hour ago, ravens_rool28 said:

What are everyone's thoughts on John Ross? He's an interesting case, IMO.  Had such potential coming out of college but hasn't lived up to it, yet.  Saw 12 targets yesterday and made the best of them (while still having some drops). Until AJ comes back, and possibly even after, he could hold some value. I think he's a good pickup if someone like John Brown isn't available and if you have someone you're looking to drop. 

Wasn't a fan of his as a prospect, so it'll take more than one week to convince me. If I happened to have any shares of him, I'd be selling, especially before AJ gets back. Now, if he's on your waiver wire, is he worth a speculative add? Sure, for a couple of weeks at least. He won't be my primary receiving waiver wire target, but I can understand going after him. 

2 hours ago, ravens_rool28 said:

Isn't Moncrief on PITT though?  

Correction the injury is to Funchess.  Moncrief just played poorly enough last night that he deserves to be benched (yet to see if Tomlin actually has the stones to do it though).

And speaking of how little faith I have in Tomlin to really tweak the gameplan of any significance, even though one would assume that Moncrief's ineffectiveness coupled with that for some reason the gameplan didn't afford Vance Joseph any targets last night, I bailed on Joseph for Hoeckenson, even though I think what TJH managed last night is likely the ceiling of what can be expected of him week-to-week.  I'll take the RZ targets he was consistently getting in the preseason and yesterday against Vance or the dreck that's currently available on my league's WW right now.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wasn't a fan of his as a prospect, so it'll take more than one week to convince me. If I happened to have any shares of him, I'd be selling, especially before AJ gets back. Now, if he's on your waiver wire, is he worth a speculative add? Sure, for a couple of weeks at least. He won't be my primary receiving waiver wire target, but I can understand going after him. 

Buddy we got that Scary Terry add as the #1.  Actually don't hate Amendola either, even though I feel like I should.

2 minutes ago, ravens_rool28 said:

Buddy we got that Scary Terry add as the #1.  Actually don't hate Amendola either, even though I feel like I should.

Amendola is a definite floor play.  I don't think he's going to have any weeks where he wins your match-up for you, but he'll have PPR value all season long as long as he stays healthy, because Golladay and Jones should both stretch the field and leave the short and intermediate routes to DA.  And as we saw with Golden Tate when he was Stafford possession receiver, that can be a productive role just off the sheer number of targets.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Forge said:

Funchess is going on IR in my dynasty where I've been sitting on Ross for a few years, so I'm throwing him in the lineup because why not. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

was not high on Ross during the draft either, especially top 10.  That said, there are several metrics that point to Ross being a very solid option for a breakout WR.  Couple that with a change in coaching staff and the idea that maybe Taylor will use Ross to his strengths.  

Redraft, I am certainly looking to sell high for an upgrade elsewhere if needed.  Keeper/dynasty, he could be a solid hold with Green likely nearing his end in CIN after this season.

So i got a league where I now have Josh Gordon and Antonio Brown. ABs trade value is kind of hit or miss depending on what league youre in and I’m still expecting the annual Josh Gordon suspension. I hate having two WRs from the same team. Who would you trade? Or rock with both to see how it plays out? 

7 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

So i got a league where I now have Josh Gordon and Antonio Brown. ABs trade value is kind of hit or miss depending on what league youre in and I’m still expecting the annual Josh Gordon suspension. I hate having two WRs from the same team. Who would you trade? Or rock with both to see how it plays out? 

Check out the market and see what you could get. If not hold on to both to see.

On 9/9/2019 at 8:49 AM, Soggust said:

5) T.Y. Hilton - I love TY and I think if you are able to flex him or you have very consistent other pieces of your team, you might want to hold, but given the place you likely drafted him - this was basically the dream scenario. He put up lots of a points with great volume and the colts looked decent against a tough defense. This could still be a hold, but again if you get great value, I wouldn't be afraid to move on from what is likely to be a very boom or bust player (as he was even with Luck).

I threw him in trades for high level guys (Like TY and Malcolm Brown for Mike Evans, Evans owner also has Gurley) but I have no problem w/ him being basically my #1 until AJ Green gets back. Also I drafted him in the 5th of a 12 team league so I don't think that is bad.

I think Mike Evans is a buy low candidate. Evans was sick week 1, then this week was getting a lot of attention from the panthers. Godwin has been killing it, obviously, and I think that will open up things for Evans later. 

When asked about Godwin after the game, Jameis said "well I have one of the best WRs in the league in Mike Evans on the other side getting attention, so thats good thats godwin has gotten open. thats the main part about playing WR, is catching the ball when you are open" L O L

Eventually Evans will get his. Maybe someone is frustrated with him after two bad weeks in a row. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I think Mike Evans is a buy low candidate. Evans was sick week 1, then this week was getting a lot of attention from the panthers. Godwin has been killing it, obviously, and I think that will open up things for Evans later. 

When asked about Godwin after the game, Jameis said "well I have one of the best WRs in the league in Mike Evans on the other side getting attention, so thats good thats godwin has gotten open. thats the main part about playing WR, is catching the ball when you are open" L O L

Eventually Evans will get his. Maybe someone is frustrated with him after two bad weeks in a row. 

Yeah, what's killing me is I own him in one league and own Godwin in the other (and given that the one with Godwin is a PPR league that starts a max of 3 WR's a week, I'm hesitant to invest that much in the TB receiving corps).

I'm also actually coming around on the TB defense, but, while they've got what I feel like may be a safe floor based on sacks and TO's, I'm a shade concerned that they may not have the desirable ceiling with a couple of their upcoming matchups (both Saints games, the Rams, etc).  But I may be more amenable to them around Week 5-6 or so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, N4L said:

i put a Diggs offer out on Evans. might as well give it a go