Week 1 Take Aways

Just Want A Title

10 minutes ago, Miblue said:

I do think we finally have the RBs to salt games away.....

I'm with you on Kerryon and Ty. I wasn't convinced on Anderson after yesterday's showing. He was an improvement over Blount for sure but that isn't exactly a high bar either. I'd be open to a trade for Adrian Peterson in exchange for our 6th or 7th. Gruden doesn't seem to want him there in Washington and he was productive last year.

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

If I am the Jaguars, I would consider reaching out to the Lions (assuming Foles is out for a while) and see what it might take to get him. There is talk about Eli Manning but why not get a younger guy that could stabilize the position and not waste that high caliber defense. I'm not suggesting that the Lions will or even should trade Stafford but all he did yesterday was bump up his value as a potential trade piece and show he can be the solution when given the right pieces. Bottom line - Stafford deserves better than what happened yesterday.

lmao so trade away our QB for what?????!?? there isnt even a good QB this year in the draft. I dont want Tua either...

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm with you on Kerryon and Ty. I wasn't convinced on Anderson after yesterday's showing. He was an improvement over Blount for sure but that isn't exactly a high bar either. I'd be open to a trade for Adrian Peterson in exchange for our 6th or 7th. Gruden doesn't seem to want him there in Washington and he was productive last year.

and now you want AP. thank god you arent hired in the NFL. Your team would be god awful lmao...

36 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

lmao so trade away our QB for what?????!?? there isnt even a good QB this year in the draft. I dont want Tua either...

Maybe you should learn how to read properly....

"if I am Jacksonville, I would call up the Lions about Stafford" does not = "the Lions should trade Stafford". My point was that Stafford wasn't the issue this week and he would likely be the missing piece on a team (like the Jags) that has all of the pieces in place but not the QB. If the Lions don't trust Stafford (for whatever reason) and they have more rope than we all realize, this past week is when Stafford would likely have his greatest value as a trade asset. He ran that offense efficiently and performed very well. It would be a mistake to trade him IMO but I'm not in charge of an NFL team so it doesn't matter what I think

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Maybe you should learn how to read properly....

"if I am Jacksonville, I would call up the Lions about Stafford" does not = "the Lions should trade Stafford". My point was that Stafford wasn't the issue this week and he would likely be the missing piece on a team (like the Jags) that has all of the pieces in place but not the QB. If the Lions don't trust Stafford (for whatever reason) and they have more rope than we all realize, this past week is when Stafford would likely have his greatest value as a trade asset. He ran that offense efficiently and performed very well. It would be a mistake to trade him IMO but I'm not in charge of an NFL team so it doesn't matter what I think

okay cool. Glad you cleared it up. I was like wutttttttt  lol

40 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

and now you want AP. thank god you arent hired in the NFL. Your team would be god awful lmao...

AP did very well with Washington last year. He's a 1st/2nd down back with no special teams value... the Redskins drafted Guice last year and he is also a 1st/2nd down back with no special teams value. Which is why he isn't getting played. He rushed for over 1,000 yards and 7 TD's with a 4.2 ypc last year. I'm not suggesting he should be our bellcow but a) he isn't getting played in Washington and likely would want out; b) he'd be extremely cheap and c) may offer an upgrade over what I saw with CJ Anderson yesterday.

Just now, Karnage84 said:

AP did very well with Washington last year. He's a 1st/2nd down back with no special teams value... the Redskins drafted Guice last year and he is also a 1st/2nd down back with no special teams value. Which is why he isn't getting played. He rushed for over 1,000 yards and 7 TD's with a 4.2 ypc last year. I'm not suggesting he should be our bellcow but a) he isn't getting played in Washington and likely would want out; b) he'd be extremely cheap and c) may offer an upgrade over what I saw with CJ Anderson yesterday.

Guice tore his ACL last year. And hurt his other knee yesterday. They need AP..

Just now, NFL_Fan said:

Guice tore his ACL last year. And hurt his other knee yesterday. They need AP..

I think I saw something about it not being all that bad. Even then, Gruden doesn't seem to want him on the roster. Why else would you sit a future HOFer as a healthy scratch?

17 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I think I saw something about it not being all that bad. Even then, Gruden doesn't seem to want him on the roster. Why else would you sit a future HOFer as a healthy scratch?

im not apart of th eredskins so im not sure, but I could guess 500 things. Starting with him not being fully healthy or saying so. And shoot I would get paid to be a scratch if I ws AP. 

Edited by NFL_Fan

14 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

im not apart of th eredskins so im not sure, but I could guess 500 things. Starting with him not being fully healthy or saying so. And shoot I would get paid to be a scratch if I ws AP. 

but it did look like gruden wanted him cut. not sure why. they do have threee nice starting caliber backs. but wth guice down now AP will get some plays while thompson gets the full role.