5down

3rivers

15 minutes ago, August4th said:

the offense was actually driving at the start of the game lead by conner and for some reason they took him out by giving the ball to samuels during the drive lol

By the 2nd quarter the Pats had 9 guys on the LOS.  But even with that the Steelers still could not pass.  They did not scheme a bunch of scrape/picks for the Pats tight man coverage.  BB will take 1 player away and force you to pass.  The last game, they doubled AB and JuJu thus opened up the running lanes.

Some of the running trouble may have to do with the lose of Munch as he was big on the game planning end.

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

also I'm over switzer catching 5 passes for 25 yards being part of this offense...rather they dump it off to conner since he can break one off for 20 yards

I'm over it being a 1st read.  If that's the 4th read, I have 0 issue with it.

• Like 1

One of the problem right L existed last night is that we were pretty much grasping at straws offensively when 1 thing didn't work we immediately moved on to the next thing.

Now I'm not saying beat a dead horse but sometimes you gotta give a certain thing some time to develop. The entire team looked lost and the coaching staff seemed like it had no idea what to do.

That 4th and 1 that ended up an incomplete...honestly how many of us ACTUALLY thought we would succeed there? I didnt

9 hours ago, mwalker said:

Have to say, this is the most disappointed I've been watching the Steelers for a while.
Felt like a big step backwards, unfortunately.

Such a lack of identity and a soft, reactive mentality.

There seemed to be no offensive game plan other than 'we'll be down, so we'll have to throw'.
The coaching on both sides felt like they had accepted they'd be out coached.

Tomlin not going for it on 4th and 1 from that close, was a huge mistake and said a lot.
It showed a lack of confidence and with this O-Line and Conner, that should've been two down the gut.

Ben felt like he was slow and pressing. Moncrief shouldn't be getting starter minutes.

The D, I'm just not sure what to say. This team seems to consistently play below their talent.
That comes down to coaching and scheme for me. I think they play the Patriots, afraid.
I'm also just sick of Butler (and Tomlin) apparently not being able to solve for anything.

Make no mistake NE is a favourite to win it all. They are a very good team.
Add Antonio and it's down right scary what this receiving corps will do with Brady.

But we never played like we had a chance. And I can't remember the last time I sensed that. 

step back, yet most thought a step forward on D anyways. The offence though, never offered anything at all, thanks to the play calling. Of course, tomlin is throwing the execution word around again:x

This team has to be one of the least physical team in the league and the least of the steeler teams I have seen going back to the late 70's.  Even in the malone era, the D was physical and they ran the ball. This team is so lame.

bold is a classic, yet true, keeps the qb happy though and makes the team a passing team yippee :$

Moncrief should be cut if he keeps playing like that. 

The D is tiring us all out, we are ready for a new scheme and coaching and with that new players, just a total overhaul at the top and a few players should work wonders. There are good pieces, keep them, but the rest need to go.

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I wouldnt say Ben is done....but the writing is on the wall.      He has always been inconsistent....its getting worse as he is getting older.

when I discovered here that ben has been terrible in september since 2013, it made me realize that training camp for him is a joke and his camp is in september. He doesn't play near his skillset until about 4 games into the season, and it costs the team.  It's at the point now where if he costs them a few games, it costs the team the season. JuJu never fumbled the season away, it was ben throwing to the other team and not showing up until october. AB might have been a diva, but on the field he was the most productive WR as usual even with ben playing poorly. 

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I dont think last night had ANYTHING to do with "missing AB". However Moncrief was atrocious last night.

I can't agree, mainly because the D would have to account for AB. They might have done this with JJSS, but I doubt it was near as much. Then of course, all the dropped passes to moncrief would have been completions to JJSS.  They missed AB's production and presence, but not the drama. Of course, drama and winning, should be viewed better than losing and not scoring a TDxD

56 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I will 100% confidently say that Ben and Randy wanted to have as many unsung and different players touch the ball and do well as possible to 'stick it' to Bell and Brown rather than just play football.

I agree with this to a certain amount. How much did they believe in their new roster though? I mean after 1 game , moncreif looks like he shouldn't be in the league even in a PS , CFL or even XFL, he can't catch, so he should be gone.  Ike Taylor would be a better option, or maybe move burns to WR2 then, he would be better than moncrief. 

The play calling was terrible, and it was all pass happy and that fall son ben because he has his OC and this is what happened? They should shame to get the best with the players they have and forget about bell and brown.  They let go the best WR and at one time the best all around RB, so now they need to make up for that. Connor is capable, but ben and the WR's have some work to do. Most of all, the play calling needs to change.

50 minutes ago, warfelg said:

My only problem with people who call for Tomlin's head.....0 word on how other coaches are involved in the entire operation.

this is why I have to defend him a bit anyways, we don't know how this operation is handled, but if they keep this up, the season will end by week 17 or maybe earlier.  Tuitt at DE in a 4 man front though, just made no sense. Heyward I could see, but Tuitt is interior, prefer 5 tech.