5down

3rivers

17 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Sort of like how you have 0 word on how Tomlin is responsible for those other coaches being here and what roles they have on the team. This is his coaching staff.

Mike Tomlin will never go into Foxborough and win a game against Brady/Belichick. Let alone a meaningful game. He can't even make it competitive/not a complete humiliation.

There's almost nothing to take from this game. Is the sky falling on offense? Who knows because we've seen inferior Pats defenses shut the Steelers down. Even when they had Antonio Brown.

It's not going into FOxborough and losing. It's going into Foxborough and losing in a manner where what were you doing all off-season. What were you doing all week? The offense was lethargic. The defense was swiss cheese. And the special teams managed to hit stingers in the middle of the field on punts and they returned one for 20 and the other for 15. The coaching staff was themselves. The standard is the standard.

It's the manner in which you lose, which is embarrassing. It's the manner in which you lose, which defines your team and coaching staff. It was a pi__ poor effort. All-Around. And, the FG, this court jester thinks that's positive. It shot the team in the foot. Showed you YELLOW. You have no trust in your team. And then you saw the air taken right out of the team right there. You lost the game right there, Tomlin. But he is out there thinking that's positive. He doesn't have a clue. The idioms have become old on this 2-5 record in the last 7 regular season games. But, wait, he is a fantastic coach. With a .650 regular season win pct. 2nd all-time. That's your HOF GM. For the love of God. Tomlin has lost the team. The message has become stale. And that's how you lose a team right there. Granted, he lost it a long time ago with his inability to neither manage a game nor a locker room of personalities. You can come in late - it's cool. That pis____ people off. We're in this together and this clown can just do what he wants. Why??? You pay people differently based on skill level. But the standard is the standard....

You got Roethlisberger throwing up "prayer dogs"... ohh got someone in my face. Not taking a sack here, because I'll get hit [team player]. Prayer dog. Massively overthrown [timing]. And occasionally picked. This is the worst Ben yet. And it's only going to get worse. He sees the writing on the wall. He ain't taking a hit that he doesn't have too. He's always been a ME guy.

It's a laughingstock. And you can't even see it. 

22 minutes ago, warfelg said:

You've proven a few times you don't really know how coaching staffs operate because you think Tomlin alone does the entire prep.  It's on all coaches not just one.

1. I have never said anything like this nor is it any point you've even made before. It's something you just pulled out of your ***.

2. You once again deflect from the reality that Tomlin hired and retains these coaches. You want to blame Butler? Tomlin is the one who keeps him around and determines his role. This isn't even a case where you could see gosh he just hired the wrong guy and it needs to be fixed in the off-season. He's had several off-seasons to fix it.

16 minutes ago, Money said:

I was actually thinking Tuitt at LDE. Hargrave and Heyward up the gut. And TJ Watt as the RDE. Bud shouldn't even see the field. That's our best rotation. Although, I am inclined to watch us burn. So, maybe we can get rid of the court jester, Tomlin.

Heyward at LDE, Tuitt at DT, Hargrave at 3 tech attacking, Watt at RDE or LDE if thats what he prefers. Put the 4 best players on the DL, and that means trade dupree

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 3rivers said:

Heyward at LDE, Tuitt at DT, Hargrave at 3 tech attacking, Watt at RDE or LDE if thats what he prefers. Put the 4 best players on the DL, and that means trade dupree

Tuitt and Heyward are both 5 tech.  you just need one in a 4-3.  So with the current personnel you would do Watt at the 9, Heyward at the 5, Shade tree at NT/0 and Hargrave at the 3.  Tuitt waves with Heyward, Dupree waves with Watt

Now they almost run a hybrid front now with 2 DTs and 2 OLBS.  If the DTs would play 2 gap and just let the OLBs be pass rushers it would work.  T really make it work, Dupree becomes the 'pass rusher'/9 tech and Watt does more of what he is already doing ( rush or drop back)

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 2

On 2019-09-10 at 11:57 AM, muncher said:

other coaches have come and gone, but one underachiever has been the constant

so what happens if the team fails, who gets more blame? ben or tomlin? They are running out of excuses now, ben got his way getting haley removed and having his QB coach for OC. brown and bell are gone etc. 

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

If Ben does need Tommy John surgery he is done.  Then blow it up with the coaches.  Bring in someone new and allow them to hire their own staff.  The defense is getting stale in the 3-4

Honestly....I don't want to see Ben go out like that...but it would be for the better.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

If Ben does need Tommy John surgery he is done.  Then blow it up with the coaches.  Bring in someone new and allow them to hire their own staff.  The defense is getting stale in the 3-4

what if the team rallies with existing staff when Rudolph takes over? The team would also include the D, a mystery if they can really become legit, but tomlin has all season to correct this. I don't see this secondary holding up though, but who knows.

When did bens elbow start to hurt ? This is the first I read about it. I thought he suffered a collision to the elbow  and suffered a direct hit/ bruise etc during the hawks game .  what do you guys think will happen to ben and his season if he has this, as well as his career. Is jebrick overreacting ?

Just now, Dcash4 said:

I had a long post written out to dig into detail but i just don’t have it in me to post. 

But if Moncreif still has a job on Monday with the Pittsburgh Steelers my faith in Tomlin will be nearly depleted. 

maybe thats why moncief never spoke to the press, he knows he is done.  Tomlin could have told him "drop a good pass , then you're gone". I doubt it, but wait to find out.  Moncrief appears to have the lead in the cortez allen award for 2019.