Multiple Dolphins Players Request Trades After Loss

DigInBoys

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

As a Rams fan, I witnessed the worst five year stretch in NFL history - an average of five consecutive 3-13 seasons.

After that I watched Jeff Fisher for years.

I think I may have only missed one game in all that time - I'm a diehard fan.

But this would be too much for me I think - are Dolphins fans going to watch every game?

Ask the Browns fans.

51 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

If I'm the league, I'm sitting pat and letting Miami burn itself. I'll give them a 6th for Minkah. Or they can keep him and deal with the headache that would be them having to pay him anyway. That team has absolutely zero leverage at this point. 

Minkah Fitzpatrick's contract has up to 3.9 years left and is coming off a bad game. What leverage does he have?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

The Browns never really tried to lose - they were just bad at trying to win. I live in Ohio and am around Browns fans all the time - this Dolphins thing feels different.

It feels different because they are shedding players who have shown something at the NFL level and are young enough to be a part of the rebuild. I can't remember the Browns making moves like that. When they traded young guys who were high picks, it was mostly guys who had been failures up to that point (Erving, et al) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

If I'm the league, I'm sitting pat and letting Miami burn itself. I'll give them a 6th for Minkah. Or they can keep him and deal with the headache that would be them having to pay him anyway. That team has absolutely zero leverage at this point. 

???

Dolphins are under no pressure to trade Minkah whatsoever and would more than happily just keep him if no one blows them away with an offer.

I'd be shocked if he's traded for anything less than a 1st. He's more than likely not going anywhere.

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Took you this long to see I'm a lying bastard? Welp, can't help you there.

Well there was that time I yelled 'shotgun' and you ran up to grab the passenger seat. I started to get suspicious about your credibility.... But I thought you were just being funny as you were the driver. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The market for Minkah should be interesting.

I knew this was coming. When your mom is coming out talking about how the coaching staff is using you improperly, you know that one of the players asking to be traded is one of your young players.

This Guy was drafted above Derwin James and if the Ravens hadn’t added Earl Thomas to solidify our FS spot, I would trade two 2nds for Minkah as he can be both a single high safety as well as nickel as well as aggressively make plays in the box- on occasion.

That said after this incident, you’d have to lower his value just because now you can’t be sure if Minkah has the mentality to be the elite safety that his athleticism and skillset would suggest. Does he complain if another coaching staff doesn’t use him the way he feels he should be used? 

So ultimately I think they’ll get either two 2nds or a 2nd and a 3rd for him. Or perhaps a 2nd/3rd and a player.

Just now, nextsuperstar1 said:

I don’t think Minkah, as a second year player, should really be telling a coach who came up under Belichick how to organize his defense. He’s basically saying he’s incapable (as a safety) of being versatile. It’s not like he is Darrell Revis and has years of NFL experience as a coverage corner. 

I can see why Minkah is upset... they asked him to learn like six positions this offseason and Minkah didn't know whether to bulk up (to play SS or LB) or trim down a bit to remain a FS or slot CB.

That, and the coaching staff isn't prioritizing using Minkah like the last one was.

It's not unrealistic for a player to want a true position. It's kind of absurd the coaching staff is bouncing him around as much as they are, but part of the reason is the staff likes the two other safeties on the roster (Reshad Jones and Bobby McCain).

• Like 2