Multiple Dolphins Players Request Trades After Loss

DigInBoys

23 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

I don’t think Minkah, as a second year player, should really be telling a coach who came up under Belichick how to organize his defense. He’s basically saying he’s incapable (as a safety) of being versatile. It’s not like he is Darrell Revis and has years of NFL experience as a coverage corner. 

You say that like it's a pedigree.  So far, how many of his assistants have worked out?

Telling someone who was an outstanding slot player and free safety to learn six positions including linebacker seems a pretty obviously **** idea to me.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

I don’t think Minkah, as a second year player, should really be telling a coach who came up under Belichick how to organize his defense. He’s basically saying he’s incapable (as a safety) of being versatile. It’s not like he is Darrell Revis and has years of NFL experience as a coverage corner. 

The DBs who are coverage guys don't like playing in the box and taking on the ILB - type duties. We've seen this from multiple players already
Its not so much telling his coach how to run a defense as it is him telling his coach that his true value lies in covering on WRs, not taking on OGs

SS Morgan Burnett left GB because he wanted to be a "Safety", not an ILB. Then he got to Pitt and the Steelers did the same thing. Now Burnett is in CLE
The NFL is changing and it doesn't suit some of these guys.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Dolphins are under no pressure to trade Minkah whatsoever and would more than happily just keep him if no one blows them away with an offer.

I'd be shocked if he's traded for anything less than a 1st. He's more than likely not going anywhere.

Oh Minkah is going somewhere. And that somewhere is called "full-time slot corner." Heh. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

And here I thought you respected the sacred art of calling dibs. I see you are a man of little honor. 

Playground rules state that you have to lick something before you can claim it.  Have you licked Minkah, @Matts4313?  I don't think so.  However, BOB is nutty enough that none of us can affirmatively say that he hasn't at least tried.

• Like 2

Green Bay doesn't "need" him but we should still do this anyway. Jaire Alexander, Kevin King, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Josh Jackson, Tony Brown, Darnell Savage and Adrian Amos as your dime defense is something that won't be thrown at successfully. Then add in the pass rush that showed up last week. Man talking about enjoying watching your defense is a weird feeling.

• Like 2

I’m not fully sure of the Raiders personnel but I think the Raiders and the Steelers might be the best fit for him. They have the coaching staffs that we know could be willing to “cater” to a talent.

With the Raiders though with Minkah and Abrams (when he returns from injury) that could be a fearsome secondary. He could impose everything short to intermediate while Minkah works as an elite single high safety to deter the big play. Would be fierce.

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Green Bay doesn't "need" him but we should still do this anyway. Jaire Alexander, Kevin King, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Josh Jackson, Tony Brown, Darnell Savage and Adrian Amos as your dime defense is something that won't be thrown at successfully. Then add in the pass rush that showed up last week. Man talking about enjoying watching your defense is a weird feeling.

I just said the same exact thing in a different thread. Like minds eh? :)