Multiple Dolphins Players Request Trades After Loss

DigInBoys

15 minutes ago, warfelg said:

If Kevin Colbert isn't on the phone today and doing what it takes to get Parker and Minkah...he should jump off of one of Pittsburgh's many many options of bridges.

I'd imagine Minkah isn't going anywhere - he's part of the rebuild since we spent a 1st on him last season. As is Xavien considering we just resigned him to a huge deal this offseason.

Parker I'd imagine is on the block, definitely.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'd imagine Minkah isn't going anywhere - he's part of the rebuild since we spent a 1st on him last season. As is Xavien considering we just resigned him to a huge deal this offseason.

Parker I'd imagine is on the block, definitely.

I mean I know Minkah won’t come cheap but we suck at drafting DBs so hard we might as well trade multiple 1sts

7 hours ago, Danand said:

After the 1. quarter, as a Ravens fan, it felt like Ryan Fitzpatrick was the only one giving a bleep.

Man, that is truly sad.  I didn't see the game but if the players are going thru the motions during the first game of the season there are major problems over there in Miami.  Yikes.

7 hours ago, Danand said:

After the 1. quarter, as a Ravens fan, it felt like Ryan Fitzpatrick was the only one giving a bleep.

Hey, at least Ryan Fitzpatrick made history with that game. Not only was he the first QB to start a game for 8 different NFL teams, but he also became the first QB to throw a TD for 8 different NFL teams in this contest. So... uh, that's something!

7 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Man, that is truly sad.  I didn't see the game but if the players are going thru the motions during the first game of the season there are major problems over there in Miami.  Yikes.

This is true.....and for one of the "signature" NFL franchises. The Dolphins of old had some clout. They've become a way station for ineptitude and mismanagement.

I'm sorry, but you still get paid millions of dollars to play football and these players all stunk. How about you give a damn on the field then you can complain about tanking. Nobody cried when the Ravens beat the Bills 47-3 last year in Week 1. Grow up.

The front office really let you guys get beat by 49? Okay. Secondary includes "top 5 Howard", Fitzpatrick, Jones.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, theJ said:

I can't think of an example where it's really worked.  The problem is that you're tanking for one player out of 53.  Even if that guy is a QB, his impact is severely limited to the quality of the team around him.  In basketball it's one guy out of 7 or 8.  Baseball is a little different because you don't have the parity of football, so rebuilding is already commonplace.  May as well do it with the best draft picks possible.

I don't think even a game against the Patriots can save them next week.  They might actually get swept by them this year.

Even in basketball it's risky because even if that player is an All-NBA talent, it still might not be enough to get your team back on track without a huge culture/coaching change that puts in better habits/culture.  Look at the Pelicans.  They drafted AD and were still quite bad.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Hey, at least Ryan Fitzpatrick made history with that game. Not only was he the first QB to start a game for 8 different NFL teams, but he also became the first QB to throw a TD for 8 different NFL teams in this contest. So... uh, that's something!

And throw a pick for 8 different teams.

2 hours ago, kramxel said:

Maybe it's a bit of an heated reaction, after just one game into the season, but how much longer will the NFL put up with all this tanking BS?

I doubt everyone is OK with devaluing your product intentionally.

At what point will fans/players/coaches/owners/league start to intervene?

I don't think it will ever fully catch on the same way it has in baseball and basketball, and the apparent revolt by the Dolphins' players is exhibit A as to why. They don't have guaranteed contracts like the guys in those other sports, and their careers are already short enough as it is. Plus, I just don't think tanking works in a sport like football. The NFL is already designed for parity. You don't have to tank to go from worst to first. Seems like it happens every year as it is. 

• Like 2