Multiple Dolphins Players Request Trades After Loss

DigInBoys

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Hey, at least Ryan Fitzpatrick made history with that game. Not only was he the first QB to start a game for 8 different NFL teams, but he also became the first QB to throw a TD for 8 different NFL teams in this contest. So... uh, that's something!

Given his high interception rate, i think he is fast approaching throwing a TD pass for all 32 teams.

20 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

IMO the Dolphins would be dumb to tank for a 1st round QB.  The smarter option would be to trade down from #1 over all to load up on OL, RB, and Defense.  Then they could trade a pick for Teddy Bridgewater and let Rosen develop as the backup.

I mean we have a ton of picks the next two seasons too. The rebuild isn't just for a franchise signal caller - we'll have plenty of picks to build around him too

I'd rather have a rookie QB than Bridgewater.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kramxel said:

Maybe it's a bit of an heated reaction, after just one game into the season, but how much longer will the NFL put up with all this tanking BS?

I doubt everyone is OK with devaluing your product intentionally.

At what point will fans/players/coaches/owners/league start to intervene?

The same time they do something about a player literally making a fool of the company to get released from his current contract and sign wherever he wants.

So... never. 

1 hour ago, ShupacTakur said:

I don't think it will ever fully catch on the same way it has in baseball and basketball, and the apparent revolt by the Dolphins' players is exhibit A as to why. They don't have guaranteed contracts like the guys in those other sports, and their careers are already short enough as it is. Plus, I just don't think tanking works in a sport like football. The NFL is already designed for parity. You don't have to tank to go from worst to first. Seems like it happens every year as it is. 

I got a differing reason but same end thought.  I think that it won't catch on because those other sports are much more dependent on 1 player than football is.

4 hours ago, kramxel said:

Maybe it's a bit of an heated reaction, after just one game into the season, but how much longer will the NFL put up with all this tanking BS?

I doubt everyone is OK with devaluing your product intentionally.

At what point will fans/players/coaches/owners/league start to intervene?

I don't think tanking is frequent enough or effective enough to justify it. A lot of "tanking" teams are just not good, and the few teams that REALLY tank (trade away all the vets and totally disregard culture) don't succeed at a rate that encourages the process.

1 hour ago, 24isthelaw said:

I don't think tanking is frequent enough or effective enough to justify it. A lot of "tanking" teams are just not good, and the few teams that REALLY tank (trade away all the vets and totally disregard culture) don't succeed at a rate that encourages the process.

Tanking in the NFL is more of a Fan culture. The team is simply making the moves any other organization does when bringing in a new HC, however the strange thing is Grier is still there which I still dont understand. To me its a proper rebuild at a fast pace. He has been in scouting for almost 2 decades for this team and there have been more misses then hits during the draft for him. Anyways it is better to start fresh by purging the cap as much as possible and build up from there. They have constantly done the band aid over a bullet wound for years by overpaying for players such as wallace, wheeler, ellerbe, suh etc which got them 1 playoff berth in 15 years and mostly mediocre seasons of 6-9 wins. They finally are doing something different which may work out in the long run but there is a good chance this Grier/Flores combo wont last to reap the benefits. 

I think this is the best way to go about it however I wouldnt have ever traded Tunsil, he still has a couple years left on his rookie contract and is clearly an above average LT that could be the foundation to start a young team. This move makes the team take a step back that much more. He was a top 5 draft pick before the bong thing came out right before draft started which dropped him a bit. So they got a steal at their draft spot in the early teens. You expect to get a top talented OL of that caliber with a mid 20s pick from texans is wishful thinking. He is worth more to you on that team then 2 picks hoping they pan out. You could have had him paid some top olineman in free agency as Guards and RT tend to hit the market more then a LT. To protect the #1 pick you will have in 2020 draft. 

Edited by soflbillsfan

1 hour ago, 24isthelaw said:

Tanking teams are never about players going half effort.  It's always the front office putting half talented players on the field.

• Like 2