Multiple Dolphins Players Request Trades After Loss

DigInBoys

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

I mean, they wouldn't have hired Flores without the explicit understanding that this was what they wanted to do, right? 

I've seen coaches being hung out to dry before, but that would be on another level.

Yes. But things change... Wouldn't be the first Coach to be fired after one season and won't be the last. The understanding that the team is tanking was probably there but the coach has to show something at the end of the day. We're talentless but the players gave up by the 2nd quarter against the Ravens (plenty of plays show dolphins defenders just stopping) and clearly by this news, the players simply don't trust him. Someone is going to be a fall guy by the seasons end and Flores is the easy scapegoat.

41 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Teams who go all out for the rebuild turn around a lot faster than those who try and be 8-8 year in and year out; provided they aren't complete morons in the FO.  Grier's yield from HOU for Tunsil tells me he's not a complete moron.  He's already done a ton more responsible cap management than in the Tannenbaum years.  

Suh played for the Rams last year. Suh plays for the Bucs this year. 

Suh is still being paid many millions by the Dolphins this year. 

That's not how this is sposed to work! 

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Yes. But things change... Wouldn't be the first Coach to be fired after one season and won't be the last. The understanding that the team is tanking was probably there but the coach has to show something at the end of the day. We're talentless but the players gave up by the 2nd quarter against the Ravens (plenty of plays show dolphins defenders just stopping) and clearly by this news, the players simply don't trust him. Someone is going to be a fall guy by the seasons end and Flores is the easy scapegoat.

I dunno, it seems like the knowledge that the team was deliberately tanking would poison the well against Flores from the get-go. Flores wasn't the one who shipped two of the team's best players out of town just before the season. So I think doing something like that probably tipped the scales if the team was already skeptical of him. 

28 minutes ago, Starless said:

I dunno, it seems like the knowledge that the team was deliberately tanking would poison the well against Flores from the get-go. Flores wasn't the one who shipped two of the team's best players out of town just before the season. So I think doing something like that probably tipped the scales if the team was already skeptical of him. 

As I said, regardless of whether it's Flores fault or not, the players aren't putting much of an effort for him, and he'll be an easy scapegoat at the seasons end.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Suh played for the Rams last year. Suh plays for the Bucs this year. 

Suh is still being paid many millions by the Dolphins this year. 

That's not how this is sposed to work! 

Biggest reason for MIA fans to have hope was when they fired Mike Tannenbaum.   Patience.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

That's like waiting to buy a brand new Corolla next year when you know they will be releasing a Ferrari the following year at the exact same price tag.

Eh, it's like buying a one-of-a-kind Ferrari when there's a one-of-a-kind Lambo being released the next year. Only one team can get Lawrence. And Tua is a strong prospect in his own right.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Eh, it's like buying a one-of-a-kind Ferrari when there's a one-of-a-kind Lambo being released the next year. Only one team can get Lawrence. And Tua is a strong prospect in his own right.

Look man, we all can't have a one-of-a-kind Goff cart. 

Some of us have to settle for a used Carr. 

• Like 12

4 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Exactly what I came in here to ask. Unless we get names, then I dont really believe it. Im sure many would love to be moved, but so would some Raiders, some Giants, some Lions, etc. etc. etc.

If anyone wants out of Oakland, they simply need to record Chucky and make an @$$ out of themselves. Or be a future Hall of Famer. Either one works. 😔

18 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I actually don't think Flores survives unless he can somehow gain the respect from the locker room back.

Yea i think he is put in a situation to lose no matter what just like Wilks in Arizona was. Both went from positional coaches with limited to no coordinating experience then to a team with a putrid roster to only last one year. As a bills fan i liked the past where they quickly overpaid someone in hopes they panned out and try to turn the team around with that player when it doesnt work they are stuck.

I wouldnt be surprised that the phins do the same thing Arizona did by canning the defensive mind guy, pay an offensive mind HC like Lincoln Riley (a boat load of money) then draft Tua for him to work with. 

It would be a great move for an NFL stand point but as a bills fan i wouldnt like it because that means they are moving in the right direction. With Ross as owner I thought he would never go this route by doing a complete overhaul he was always there for the quick fix through out the years.

18 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I would suggest that if they don't trust Flores, then that's their problem. It's Week 1. You can't give up on a coach if you've never tried for him in the first place.