Multiple Dolphins Players Request Trades After Loss

DigInBoys

53 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

I would suggest that if they don't trust Flores, then that's their problem. It's Week 1. You can't give up on a coach if you've never tried for him in the first place.

As I said, I don't think Flores is necessarily to blame.

He was dealt a bad hand from the start at best and set up to fail at worst.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 6:35 AM, kramxel said:

Maybe it's a bit of an heated reaction, after just one game into the season, but how much longer will the NFL put up with all this tanking BS?

I doubt everyone is OK with devaluing your product intentionally.

At what point will fans/players/coaches/owners/league start to intervene?

What can be done to prevent it? Isn't there simply too much subjectively involved? 

On 9/9/2019 at 2:36 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

As I said, regardless of whether it's Flores fault or not, the players aren't putting much of an effort for him, and he'll be an easy scapegoat at the seasons end.

It's ok. Belichick will get to have his DC next year just as planned.

3 hours ago, kramxel said:

PI is up for review this year... I think we can do something for tanking, which seems doesn't seem to raise the same amount of debate.

Outside of a draft lottery which I'm really not a fan of I'm not sure there's anything that would prevent it. Heck, not even a draft lottery would prevent it. The Dolphins aren't really tanking just for the 1st overall pick (although that is probably part of it). They're tanking a year to get out of cap hell while trading for picks towards a full rebuild. The Dolphins would probably be doing the exact same thing even if a draft lottery were in place... assuming they covet Tua, they'd need draft assets to orchestrate a trade up, anyway.

Heck, a draft lottery may just as well incentivize bad teams to trade players to contenders even more because unlike now where the pick you get in exchange is probably going to be late in a round due to that contender finishing highly, their pick is worth slightly more because that pick could be high

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Outside of a draft lottery which I'm really not a fan of I'm not sure there's anything that would prevent it. Heck, not even a draft lottery would prevent it. The Dolphins aren't really tanking just for the 1st overall pick (although that is probably part of it). They're tanking a year to get out of cap hell while trading for picks towards a full rebuild. The Dolphins would probably be doing the exact same thing even if a draft lottery were in place... assuming they covet Tua, they'd need draft assets to orchestrate a trade up, anyway.

Heck, a draft lottery may just as well incentivize bad teams to trade players to contenders even more because unlike now where the pick you get in exchange is probably going to be late in a round due to that contender finishing highly, their pick is worth slightly more because that pick could be high

I'll admit it would be challenging to differentiate from situations caused by cap hell vs plain old tanking for a 1st, especially when trying to make a rule change around that. The current draft format, in particular, is very important to create parity in the league, and the lottery system would only create bigger problems.

Perhaps it's not as easy to define and prevent it, as I first thought, but I think it would be important for both fans and the league.

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Since the Dolphins are tanking as hard as many say, I’m wondering why they haven’t unloaded some of their pro bowl talent for high draft picks yet. Thought for sure they would’ve by now.

What pro bowl talent is that? Xavien and Reshad Jones? Is Jones still good?