Week 1 GDT: Texans (0-0) @ Saints (0-0)

Canadian Saint

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

If DA and crew doesn't spend the next 3 practices going over tackling fundamentals, I'm going to lose my s**t! This is the NFL. You can pop a guy in the arms with your shoulder pads and expect him to fall down.

This was my biggest takeaway. The coverage wasn't atrocious considering who they were trying to cover and who was throwing them the ball, but the tackling was garbage. 

That and the defensive play calling. Allen needs to get that figured out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raves said:

Oh I agree, but I was just referencing where it seemed they thought we were in prevent defense is all.

Agreed. Seems to be a common misconception that if you are playing with a lead and your defense give up that lead, you were playing prevent defense lol

I know this isn't related to the game, but I really want the Saints to trade for Emmanuel Sanders. We need another WR and he's on the last year of his deal. I'm not sure if he's available and I'm not sure if he's even on the Saint's radar, but I really want us to add another WR. If not him then someone else.

Edited by JMG5
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, pf9 said:

The Texans and Saints, both located on Interstate 10, are a friendly rivalry to me because both cities have in recent years experienced devastating hurricanes.

I don't know about "rivalry", but that's a pretty fun point.
I don't think any of us will ever understand 5 feet of rain.

I was in Houston for Harvey. It's hard to describe how that much rain feels. It's like the steadiest storm you can imagine, not a lot of wind or lightning, just a steady, rain-forest style downpour that goes on for 5 or 6 days without really stopping. Modern city infrastructure is capable of dealing with that for about an hour. After 5 trillion gallons of it, pretty much everything fails.

• Like 1