2019 Stat Watch

Pastor Dillon

Lots of stats to look at this season 

Watson can cross the 10,000 yard mark if he mirrors last seasons results. He’s already 3rd all time for the Texans. He needs 15 TD passes to move to 2nd. 

A monster season for Hopkins, 1563 yards would get him over 9,000. Anything close to that gives him a great shot at passing 10,000 next year 

Watt needs 8 sacks to cross the 100 mark. I suspect he gets that. He’s currently 44th all time but a 14 sack season would put him in the top 25. His two missed seasons will probably keep him from ever challenging for a top 5 spot

No one else has any major milestones  

Hyde can cross 4,000 rushing. He’s never had a 1,000 yard season so that’s possible 

fuller can cross 2,000 receiving  he needs 636 yards for a new career high 

It’s going to be an interesting season  

• Like 2

Good stuff PDilly...

With one INT, Jonathan Joseph will retake sole ownership as Texans INT leader with 17 over Kareem Jackson.

Mercilus is 11 sacks from overtaking Mario Williams for #2 all-time.

Future ring of honor member, Jon Weeks, will pass 150 games played as a Texans if healthy all season.  The following year he will pass Andre Johnson for most games as a Texan.  Sic Em Bears!

Jonathan Joseph could move into 3rd most games played leapfrogging Kris Brown, Kareem, and Duane Brown, but jinx fear has me not really mentioning this.  You see nothing.

Watson needs to be the first Texan to throw for 30+ TDs this year which is a low bar.  I'm shooting for 4500+/40+.

Matt Schaub only got sacked 25 times in a full season in 2009 which remains a criminally underappreciated season for the Texans considering he also had a record 583 attempts and 4770 yards.

Texans haven't had a kickoff or punt return for a TD since Will Fuller's 67 yard punt return in 2016.  I'm on board for DeAndre Carter returning 2 kicks this season, which hasn't happened since Andre Davis returned 3 in his 2007 Pro Bowl season.  Best returner we've had since Jacoby. 

Edited by Apollo Stallion
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fray32 said:

yoooooo can somebody finally give Duke Johnson his shot at primary ball carrier duties? I wonder if he has Carlos Hyde's mug taped to a dart board in his apartment by now

He's getting touches - he actually out touched Hyde 13-11 on Monday and had the 2nd biggest run of the game, a 20 yard scamper. 

He's a nice fit in this offense, that's for sure.

3 hours ago, Fray32 said:

yoooooo can somebody finally give Duke Johnson his shot at primary ball carrier duties? I wonder if he has Carlos Hyde's mug taped to a dart board in his apartment by now

he is not a primary ball carrier. He isn't getting that opportunity because that isn't his game. His game is change of pace and receiving back.

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

he is not a primary ball carrier. He isn't getting that opportunity because that isn't his game. His game is change of pace and receiving back.

Obviously NFL coaches know more than I do - but he's never had that chance in the NFL. He's the all time leading rusher at the U after all - feels like this whole "he's a change of pace back" is all narrative with no empirical evidence save for the fact that it is telling that he's never had full time duties in his 4 year career.

Edited by Fray32

1 hour ago, Fray32 said:

He's the all time leading rusher at the U after all

And Reggie Bush is one of the greatest college backs ever. They don't equate. All you have to do is look at his size and the way he runs. The narrative is based on years and years (decades even) of samples (other players) and seeing what they were capable of.

14 hours ago, mse326 said:

And Reggie Bush is one of the greatest college backs ever. They don't equate. All you have to do is look at his size and the way he runs. The narrative is based on years and years (decades even) of samples (other players) and seeing what they were capable of.

A couple teams finally gave Reggie 200+ carries and 250+ touches in a season and he acquitted himself decently. I just want to see him fail at it first before writing off the possibility that he can handle.

On 9/13/2019 at 11:18 AM, Fray32 said:

A couple teams finally gave Reggie 200+ carries and 250+ touches in a season and he acquitted himself decently. I just want to see him fail at it first before writing off the possibility that he can handle.

Hyde averaged 8.3 yards per carry. We aren’t gonna just bench him