2019 Stat Watch

Pastor Dillon

Carlos Hyde is right now at 30 carries for 173 yards (5.8 ypc). That's good for 5th among all RBs (behind Dalvin Cook, Saquan Barkley, Marlon Mack and Josh Jacobs). 

Most impressive about his performance so far? He has yet to register a carry for zero or less than zero yards. 

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Carlos Hyde is right now at 30 carries for 173 yards (5.8 ypc). That's good for 5th among all RBs (behind Dalvin Cook, Saquan Barkley, Marlon Mack and Josh Jacobs). 

Most impressive about his performance so far? He has yet to register a carry for zero or less than zero yards. 

Our line has actually run blocked pretty decent. We haven’t pass blocked terrible, we just have struggled against the blitz. I think our line can be pretty good by seasons end once they get their communication together. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Our line has actually run blocked pretty decent. We haven’t pass blocked terrible, we just have struggled against the blitz. I think our line can be pretty good by seasons end once they get their communication together. 

Part of handling the blitz tho is the QB (and OL) recognizing it and calling an audible

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Part of handling the blitz tho is the QB (and OL) recognizing it and calling an audible

Yeah but I think we will get better at that as the season goes on and w incorporate new guys. Tunsil is brand new, Howard missed a lot of time, Johnson just moved to a different side. So guys are shuffling around. We should be set on our starters 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Yeah but I think we will get better at that as the season goes on and w incorporate new guys. Tunsil is brand new, Howard missed a lot of time, Johnson just moved to a different side. So guys are shuffling around. We should be set on our starters 

DW4 should def get better at it and use a player like Duke Johnson (wheel route) or Keke on slant.

1 hour ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Part of being a center is remembering the snap count...

You are preaching to the choir... you can even see when I called Martin out during the game... as bad as trading Clowney for pennies on the dollar was... paying Martin excessively may also be up there with infamously bad Texans' front office moves

Texans OLB Whitney Mercilus was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 2.

Mercilus recorded a pair of sacks and forced two fumbles in the 13-12 win over the Gardner Minshew-led Jaguars last week. That was a week after he recorded a sack and picked off Drew Brees in the red zone Week 1. Mercilus is off to a great start this year at 29 years old in his contract season.

5 hours ago, jch1911 said:

I dont buy it keeping up, but He has to be in the running for DPOY after two weeks. His stat line is insane. 

3 sacks
3.5 tackles for loss
1 PD
1 INT
2 FF

Thats really good numbers for anyone through 2 games. Just for fun, thats a pace of

24 sacks
28 TFL
8 PD
8 INT
16 FF

that would be the best defensive season in NFL history, and its not even close. 

So while I dont expect anything near that, I am expecting a Pro Bowl season followed by a big pay day. 

I can see 12 sacks, 2 INTs on the season. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tunsil was credited with 2 sacks in week 1, and hasn’t allowed a sack since. 

Howard has only been credited with giving up 1 sack 

Sharping has given up 0 sacks and 0 penalties 

Nick Martin has given up 1 sack 

Zack Fulton has given up 0 sacks 

Mancz has given up 2 sacks 

kelemete has given up 1 sack 

Johnson has given up 1 sack 

These are all according to pff  

thats only 8 sacks, which seems kinda crazy but if it’s true that means that backs, TEs and unblocked guys are responsible for the other 10 sacks  

7 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

thats only 8 sacks, which seems kinda crazy but if it’s true that means that backs, TEs and unblocked guys are responsible for the other 10 sacks  

Four of those eight were against backup/replacement level guys.

I REALLY like this OL.