2019 Stat Watch

Pastor Dillon

Halfway point, and Ill remark on where we stand stat wise later this week, but a couple things of note:

the playoff race is both wide open and closing fast in the AFC. it appears only 4 teams are fighting for the 2 wildcard spots. 

Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Buffalo are right there currently. Of course The colts are right there as well if they dont win the division. 

Seems like a given that the AFC gets 2 teams in. Every division game counts, and that includes the game against the jags this week with basically 1/2 our team out. 

Hopkins has passed the 8,000 yard mark and is sitting at 8056 career yards. 

he would need to average 118 a game the rest of the season to get to 9,000. Probably not happening but the closer he can get to 9,000 in the next 8 games, the better shot he has at 10,000 next year. 10,000 is that first big milestone where HOF starts to become an option. 

Hopkins is only 27, he had a real shot at passing Andre Johnson and getting to that small club of 15,000 yard WRs which would basically guarantee HOF. 

catch wise he’s at 588, so he still has a ways to go to get the 1,000 catch club. 

1,000 catches and 15,000 yards and 100 TDS are kind of the career goals he should have. 

I read that Tunsil is current ranked by PFF as the 6th best pass blocking Tackle in the league. This includes his poor performance in week 1, right after being traded where he gave up 2 sacks. needless to say, it appears we have a top 5 LT in the league now, and I am thankful for it....PAY THE MAN 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We are on pace to give up 46 sacks this season on Watson, which is way too many. But it’s a full 16 sacks fewer than last year. That’s a sack every game. That’s significant improvement. 

more over, our starting 5 on the line has been really good together, outside the Baltimore game. I believe they have given up 4 sacks in all the games they have played together outside the ravens game, which I think has been 5 games. Future is bright there. We just need to lock Tunsil up and we are good. 

Carlos Hyde is on pace for a 1200 yard season. Best of his career. Good for him. 

he’s also at the end of his career so replacing him will be a must. 

Will Fuller is at 590 yards. That means he’s only 45 yards away from a career high. He needs to average 82 yards a game the rest of the season and we will have our first 1,000 pair of WR since ????????

Whitney Mercilius has gotten back in our price range after a blistering start to the season. I’d like to have him back but we can’t give him a raise. 

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

He needs to average 82 yards a game the rest of the season and we will have our first 1,000 pair of WR since ????????

Ever - Andre Johnson was about 60 yards short of 1,000 when Nuk hit his first. Kevin Walter once got to 899 yards during AJs prime, but that's it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Will Fuller is made of glass. We all know that. He’s also the most important member of our team. What do i mean by that? 

we are 6-3 when he plays. 2-2 when he sits. One of those 3 loses was to the colts and he was hurt and missed a month. So basically 6-2 when he plays a full game. 

moreso than that, we are 5-0 this season when he catches 4 passes. 

In the 3 losses he’s played in, he has a combined 6 catches 98 yards and 0 TDs, almost all of that coming against the Saints 

It’s not that he’s our best player, he’s not. But he opens the entire field up for everyone else. Our offense can fire on all cylinders when he’s playing and involved in the offense. 

in fact he doesn’t even have to have a good game. He’s only had 2 good games all season and they account for 21 catches 357 yards and 3 TDs. Well over half his production for the entire season. 

Glass Fuller. The Texans great hope. 

• Like 1

Couple things to note:

Watson probably wont play week 17, I am assuming the Titans lose to the Saints and we have the 4 seed clinched. This will most likely mean hes not crossing 4,000 yards for the second consecutive season. Doesn't really matter, but could come into play 10 years from now when he could have a long streak going. He needs 332 yards to cross it, so its possible that he does it against a very bad Tampa Bay Defense, especially if they are scoring at will with their passing game. 

Hopkins continues his 5 catch streak. hes up to 99 catches 1142 yards and 7 TDs. Hes up to 8,579 on his career. I have been tracking this closely because the more yards he can finish with this season, the better chance he has at breaking 10,000 next season. It would currently require 1,421 yards, which would be his 3rd best season, so its already doable. I'd like to see him get to 1300 this year though. 

Hyde passed the 1,000 yard mark for the first time in his career, definitely a win that trade. 

Mercilius has had a nice contract year, but not as nice as it looked like he was going to have. 5.5 sacks, 2 Ints, 4 Forced Fumbles. Hes gonna get a nice contract, but hes not provided the consistent pass rush for us to break the bank on him. let him walk if we can't resign him about the same rate hes making now. 

jury is still out on our mid season 1st round CBs Hargreaves and Conley. Conley is actually current grading out on pff at a 65.1, which is really good compared to most of our CBs. Roby is a 63.1, Hargreaves a 49, Lonnie Johnson a 36, and JJoe a 61.2 Conley is really good value because hes cheap next season.