What player on the Dolphins would you be interested in?

jleisher

Just now, jleisher said:

If true, and players on the Dolphins are requesting trades, who would you like the Packers to look at?

The league needs to be cautious when it comes to interceding in an organizations business practices. Thats a gray area and hard to administer equally - but - a phone call to the team with a general chit chat "it doesnt look good if you guys are giving up the ghost after a few snaps......" - wont happen IMO - but wouldnt be a bad idea IMO either.

Dolphins aren't going to be trading away anymore of their offensive line, especially not any with any promise.  Yeah, Tunsil, but there was something there and for some reason - probably personality - they didn't want him long term. 

They aren't going to trade Howard or Fitzpatrick. 

They probably won't trade anyone under 25.  So McMillan is probably out.  He's a nice building piece. 

If I'm wrong on any of that, I trade for Mike Gesicki pretty quickly.  He is the first and only under 25 player on their roster I would trade for considering what it might take. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml-r_GJ3RF0

The rookie season he had with Dolphins quarterbacks throwing to him makes me think he's one of the next breakout tight ends. 

Next, Kenyan Drake. 
Then Allen Hurns.
Then DeVante Parker.

The most I would give up in any trade in-season would be a second round pick.  I'd probably send our second round pick for Gesicki, our fourth round pick for Drake, fourth for Hurns, 5th for Parker. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

4th for Rosen if they would take it.

I would actually give up a 3rd for Rosen if I had to. He and Rodgers have a relationship and Rosen is a great option to eventually replace Rodgers or at least groom to use as trade bait.

I like the idea of going after Parker, but we kinda have a log-jam at WR. 

If we want ILB, Raekwon McMillan would be a pretty solid option. He's more of a thumper it looks like from the stat line, but he had 94 tackles last year with 2 forced fumbles.

For me, I'd actually go after Minkah or Eric Rowe. On the other hand, bear in mind that some of these former Patriots, like Rowe, are there because of Flores so...

I'd give up a 2nd for Minkah if they'd take it.