What player on the Dolphins would you be interested in?

jleisher

9 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

but we'd have to pay him after the year unless we're just bringing him in for a 14-18 game rental 

Might be worth it. I don’t know how much he’d cost draft capital and contract wise but I can’t image much. The second running back is very important in MLF’s offense, I think Drake would be perfect for it.

7 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

but we'd have to pay him after the year unless we're just bringing him in for a 14-18 game rental 

In that case they should throw in Gisecki since we’d be absorbing that cap hit for them. Throw them like a 6th rounder, we are doing them a favor. Get it done Ted!

6 hours ago, Golfman said:

Why? There is nothing wrong with deciding the best choice for your team is to completely rebuild. Not sure he's got the authority to do anything about it. 

Let's just see how this plays out. If the NFL becomes the NBA, 90% of the games won't be watchable. That's bad for ratings. Would you watch the Packers lose 46-0 for 3 to 4 years straight while they tank ? I wouldn't. And I survived the 70's and 80's

Edited by cannondale

3 hours ago, cannondale said:

Let's just see how this plays out. If the NFL becomes the NBA, 90% of the games won't be watchable. That's bad for ratings. Would you watch the Packers lose 46-0 for 3 to 4 years straight while they tank ? I wouldn't. And I survived the 70's and 80's

Few things;

- Just by design the nfl won’t ever be as bad as the nba (less games=more parody)

-Miami  was going to have poor local ratings with Tunsil and Fitzpatrick this year anyways. They had the worst qb situation in the league this year. They were dead

-It’s week 3. There is always a team that get blown out week 1/2 to good teams that people overreact about (last year’s bills). Miami will likely still win a 2-3 games. It isn’t like they have all udfas. They still have mostly players who are roster worthy 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

What is Goodell going to do?  He's got no say.  The Browns won 4 games over 3 seasons at one point.  The NFL will be fine.

Yeah but I dont remember the Browns ditching B and C level players for E,D,F players (or none at all). My comment was in response to another saying they should be rid of Rosen - which may have been semi-lighthearted - but given the team only has two QBs on the roster and #1 is Ryan Fitzpatrick - its EGREGIOUSLY  tanking if you ditch your only backup QB.

The NFL will be fine. I never questioned that - but its a seriously bad look, makes for bad practices/procedures and cheapens the product. 

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What is Goodell going to do?  He's got no say.  The Browns won 4 games over 3 seasons at one point.  The NFL will be fine.

Nothing this year. But if teams openly do this ****, won't they try and create a lottery or something?

I guess the way I see it is, Miami was going to be one of the worst teams with the least amount of talent anyways.

This is similar to baseball where you dump your assets to obtain future value. A home run draft class and some nice FA's can change a team around pretty quickly.

I also imagine they're giving Grier and Flores a pretty long leash w/r/t roster makeup. I'm certainly excited to watch how it unfolds. It's like real life Madden Franchise mode.

Edited by Fl0nkerton