Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Packers (1-0)

swede700

Last year, Kirk Cousins passed for 425 yds in Lambeau, how many will he throw for this time?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Last year, Kirk Cousins passed for 425 yds in Lambeau, how many will he throw for this time?

• Less than 100 yds
    • 100-203 yds (Rodgers' total last week)
    • 204-275 yds
    • 276-325 yds
    • 326-400 yds
    • 400+ yds

Game in Green Bay puts the pressure on the Packers in my opinion.  Beating you guys at home is really tough - that stadium is starting to get a Seattle/KC home field vibe.  

Hopefully no injuries (other than Rhodes' weekly damaged ego limp-off), and it's great seeing Griffen back out there.  

• Like 4

I think this game comes down to how "up" and prepared Zim and the team leaders have the team.  Ben Leber commented a number of times during the Atlanta game that when Anthony Barr is "engaged" in the game, he is one of the league's best linebackers and a tone setter for the team.  I think that sentiment applies well to the entire defense, and whole team.  Too often last season we saw the team come out flat, unprepared, and passive.

If the Vikings come out motivated and focused, it will be very tough for the packers to come away with the W.  If the team plays near it's potential, the packers just aren't good enough.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

I think this game comes down to how "up" and prepared Zim and the team leaders have the team.  Ben Leber commented a number of times during the Atlanta game that when Anthony Barr is "engaged" in the game, he is one of the league's best linebackers and a tone setter for the team.  I think that sentiment applies well to the entire defense, and whole team.  Too often last season we saw the team come out flat, unprepared, and passive.

If the Vikings come out motivated and focused, it will be very tough for the packers to come away with the W.  If the team plays near it's potential, the packers just aren't good enough.

If they can't get up for this game, might as well pull a Miami and start from scratch. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

They should truly be upset at only having 2 in nearly 30 years.

You might want to be cautious with this one. I know that most of them don't have much for math skills but one of them may point out that the over 7% of the time they have won the Super bowl in the years since Favre became their starting back is somewhat better than the 0.0% of the time the Vikings won the Super Bowl when they had their hall of fame QB.

16 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

You might want to be cautious with this one. I know that most of them don't have much for math skills but one of them may point out that the over 7% of the time they have won the Super bowl in the years since Favre became their starting back is somewhat better than the 0.0% of the time the Vikings won the Super Bowl when they had their hall of fame QB.

When I've made that argument in the past, I made sure to emphasize that it has nothing to do with the Vikings.  What the Vikings have done is irrelevant to the opinion (even though I will point it out nonetheless).  I have always said that, if I were a Packers fan, I'd be extremely disappointed to only have 2. 

The Vikings certainly don't have a lot of excuses either, but the one thing that the Packers have had the huge advantage of is having the quarterback position settled for nearly 30 years, which is the hardest position to solve.  They haven't had to address that position at all, which should have put them in a much easier position to build up everything else...yet they've spectacularly failed to do so for the large part.  They've had their fair share of success as they have more division titles and playoff appearances than the Vikings, but, the fact that they haven't been able to cash it in more times would be very disappointing, especially since they've really only had 3 head coaches in that span (it's really 4 , but I'm sure they like to discount that flameout year by Ray Rhodes, just as we disregard the Les Steckel year).  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i would also like to start a gameday thread in support of the vikings as the packer forum has isolated me and locked my GDT 

would the viking brethren support an additional gameday thread where we prove how incompetent/maybe even dumb packer fans are?

Since we already have one I have to say no buddy, @swede700 already beat you to the punch! If you were here first I would have allowed it. But you can stay around and hang out, I won’t kick ya out if you’re civil. 

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

i would also like to start a gameday thread in support of the vikings as the packer forum has isolated me and locked my GDT 

would the viking brethren support an additional gameday thread where we prove how incompetent/maybe even dumb packer fans are?

We try to keep it civilized here, for the most part.  Even for the Packers fans, because we like to enlighten them.  We poke fun, certainly, but do like them to come over and feel free to engage us without the petty nonsense.  Although we'll certainly give it to them, if they try and pull petty nonsense here.  

48 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

25 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

If they can't get up for this game, might as well pull a Miami and start from scratch. 

While I'd agree, at the professional level and the competitive level (possible contenders for the SB) the Vikings are at, they should have no problems getting mentally psyched up for a game of this magnitude... HOWEVER we've seen way too many times with recent Vikings teams under Zimmer that just seem to come out flat, unprepared, or simply not "up" for the challenge in big games. 

To be fair its not just the Vikings that have this problem at times either, but its definitely one of the major issues with the team in my opinion. Consistency, fortitude, and adaptability has to improve to win in the playoffs. An "off day" in the playoffs will just result in the same outcome as every single season to come before.... disappointment.