All things QB/Jameis

Lil' Shorty

Is it possible to be a good QB, and just be on a lousy team.  Now going fwd, what has to be decided is can the QB position be upgraded thru the draft or trade?  I don t know.

The Jameis evaluation has so many layers to it.  I have no idea what the future holds.  Yesterday was another loss on his record.  Don t get me wrong, there are many losses where Jameis was the main culprit.  However, looking at his career record, could it be written there should be 6-8 more wins because at some level the team around him.  How many times has the team won in spite of Jameis?  Just so many layers and games like Sunday drive me nuts.

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Is it possible to be a good QB, and just be on a lousy team.  Now going fwd, what has to be decided is can the QB position be upgraded thru the draft or trade?  I don t know.

The Jameis evaluation has so many layers to it.  I have no idea what the future holds.  Yesterday was another loss on his record.  Don t get me wrong, there are many losses where Jameis was the main culprit.  However, looking at his career record, could it be written there should be 6-8 more wins because at some level the team around him.  How many times has the team won in spite of Jameis?  Just so many layers and games like Sunday drive me nuts.

nah im still out on Jameis

theres is such thing as a good QB on a lousy team.... but not over 5 seasons, at some point the QB has to elevate his team beyond the lousyness if hes ever going to be top10 or higher in the league

Jameis had a good game, but his deep ball still is terrible and he has ZERO mobility, yeah i said it, he cant run for chicken ***t , if he would have hit Evans in stride , Evans could have had 2 more TDs on deep balls, and Jamies will never ever had great accuracy which has been his problem since he was in college

i hope we move on in the draft and draft someone , there isnt too much FA wise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

nah im still out on Jameis

theres is such thing as a good QB on a lousy team.... but not over 5 seasons, at some point the QB has to elevate his team beyond the lousyness if hes ever going to be top10 or higher in the league

Jameis had a good game, but his deep ball still is terrible and he has ZERO mobility, yeah i said it, he cant run for chicken ***t , if he would have hit Evans in stride , Evans could have had 2 more TDs on deep balls, and Jamies will never ever had great accuracy which has been his problem since he was in college

i hope we move on in the draft and draft someone , there isnt too much FA wise

so I am assuming you believe players are more important then coaching.  Not writing your wrong.  For example, if Drew Brees had somehow stayed in San Diego, he would have had a similiar career without Payton. No?

So what QB in the draft has that type of talent in the draft.  And no you can t answer Lawrence because this isn t Madden and we just can t fast fwd almost 2 seasons.  

I m on the opposite end of the spectrum if they move on from Winston.  I would definitely go vet route over rookie, but I m more interested in your QB evaluation.

15 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

so I am assuming you believe players are more important then coaching.  Not writing your wrong.  For example, if Drew Brees had somehow stayed in San Diego, he would have had a similiar career without Payton. No?

So what QB in the draft has that type of talent in the draft.  And no you can t answer Lawrence because this isn t Madden and we just can t fast fwd almost 2 seasons.  

I m on the opposite end of the spectrum if they move on from Winston.  I would definitely go vet route over rookie, but I m more interested in your QB evaluation.

to the bolded, yes absolutely, Brees would have become what he is regardless, maybe not 100% as of prolific, but IMO probably like 85-90% what hes been today without Payton

players, when they are at the caliber of elite, they surpass coaching

im not sure yet who id go after in the draft as of right now, there needs to be more scouting, but trust me i'll pick one i like before the draft and push him hard come draft time lol, maybe Herbert,  definitely not Fromm his arm strength is not good even though he is accurate

i wouldnt mind a vet for a gap year, but either way , vet or rookie, i do not think the fall off from vet/rookie to Jamies is $25 mil plus worthy, which is what we'll have to pay Jameis to stay here

give me the rookie with the minimum salary or a 12 mil QB to give me the same 15 plus turnovers Jamies gets lol

Jameis just is what he is, and i do not believe he will get any better than this, thus, im ready to move on

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

to the bolded, yes absolutely, Brees would have become what he is regardless, maybe not 100% as of prolific, but IMO probably like 85-90% what hes been today without Payton

players, when they are at the caliber of elite, they surpass coaching

im not sure yet who id go after in the draft as of right now, there needs to be more scouting, but trust me i'll pick one i like before the draft and push him hard come draft time lol, maybe Herbert,  definitely not Fromm his arm strength is not good even though he is accurate

i wouldnt mind a vet for a gap year, but either way , vet or rookie, i do not think the fall off from vet/rookie to Jamies is $25 mil plus worthy, which is what we'll have to pay Jameis to stay here

give me the rookie with the minimum salary or a 12 mil QB to give me the same 15 plus turnovers Jamies gets lol

Jameis just is what he is, and i do not believe he will get any better than this, thus, im ready to move on

I like fwd to seeing what prospect you feel will be all that.  Probably going to have to be the 3rd QB drafted or later because I m not sure how Miami and Cincy don t end up in the top 4.  

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I like fwd to seeing what prospect you feel will be all that.  Probably going to have to be the 3rd QB drafted or later because I m not sure how Miami and Cincy don t end up in the top 4.  

dont worry , by the time the Draft comes around im going to be letting everyone know which QB i like lol

lets just hope we get lucky and pick up the next Mahomes-esque guy 

17 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

He'd be SO good if he'd just quit with those two or three stupid throws every week.

This is exactly why he throws those picks.  He is forced to throw in those tight windows all the time bc of poor pass blocking and receivers not getting open.  

Well that and I don't think we have run any crossing routes or slants all season.  

2 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

This is exactly why he throws those picks.  He is forced to throw in those tight windows all the time bc of poor pass blocking and receivers not getting open.  

Well that and I don't think we have run any crossing routes or slants all season.  

He also doesn't see the underneath defender at least once a week and throws it right to them.

• Like 1

Tampa runs like the most aggressive downfield passing offense in football. It requires the QBs to make tough downfield throw after tough downfield throw into very tight windows. There’s nothing really easy about it. Look at Matt Ryan, he’s running the similar DK offense with a better offensive line and RBS and leads the nfl in interceptions 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Tampa runs like the most aggressive downfield passing offense in football. It requires the QBs to make tough downfield throw after tough downfield throw into very tight windows. There’s nothing really easy about it. Look at Matt Ryan, he’s running the similar DK offense with a better offensive line and RBS and leads the nfl in interceptions 

That's the offense Jameis grew up in too.

I think Jameis is first or second in the league in passer rating in throws 15-20+ yards down the field.

But he's like last with throws five yards or less from the LOS. 😂