All things QB/Jameis

Lil' Shorty

Just now, ravishingone said:

Your not going to get there every play.  They consistently give up the inside to WRs on 3rd down.  The Mc Caffery TD catch there was nobody in the flat.  They are just so unsound on the back end, you are relying for pressure to get there every pass play, which isn t feasible, of course unless you play the Bucs.

You also can't expect DBs to cover for five or more seconds every snap.

Again, it's the chicken or the egg; cause and effect argument. Get good at one and the other one looks a helluva lot better. Doesn't matter which one, we've seen both work. But you've gotta have one.

6 minutes ago, indifference said:

Agreed Year 5 and its the same old Jameis. 

100% agreed. Let’s call a spade a spade. Jamie’s lack of accuracy has always been a issue. Arians made a dead Carson Palmer into a mvp candidate before tearing his ACL. He’s a magical offensive mind and he can’t get Jamie’s right. Somethings gotta give. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

You also can't expect DBs to cover for five or more seconds every snap.

Again, it's the chicken or the egg; cause and effect argument. Get good at one and the other one looks a helluva lot better. Doesn't matter which one, we've seen both work. But you've gotta have one.

We 'll  just disagree on this one.  I don t see QBs scanning the field and having to get off their first read.  I pretty much see drop, plant and throw a lot more times then not. I see your point, just I'm putting more emphasis on the secondary not close ÷enough to the WRs enough to get the QB on to a second read or force a throw into a tight window.

It’s too bad we’ll have to move on from Jameis cuz he’s got a ton of talent, but you could even hear BA’s frustration with the decisions in the post game presser. 

Idk what we do at QB but I know one thing for sure, we absolutely cannot sign up for $30 mil per with Jameis. That will further torpedo the franchise.

Maybe we franchise him but just go get a new QB. Game wasn’t as close as the score indicated and man our OL and CBs suck, but can’t go forward with cap strapping the team to an average at best QB.

Tua

Herbert

Fromm

Burrow

Eason

Hurts

Pick one. I don’t care. We have plenty of weapons. Just stop turning the ball over.

7 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Can't handle a South Carolina team (3 picks and SC is really bad).  He would be murdered behind this oline. 

Hurts can run so maybe him lol. Later 1st (might not be that much later how we are playing) could work for Burrow or Eason if we go that way. Idk I don’t think BA wants a rookie but he can’t feel Jameis is the future right now.

Either way every other pick needs to be OL.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Can't handle a South Carolina team (3 picks and SC is really bad).  He would be murdered behind this oline. 

Fromm has shown to be a good college QB in the typical Bama mode.  I know he plays for GA, but as we know Kirby was at Bama for a long time.  None pf these guys really excite me.  Maybe Burrows then Eason.  Tua and Herbert will be gone in the top 3.

Another reason, I believe those 2 is because we have to remember who will be picking the QB.  BA will make the choice.  LSU and Washington run a good amount of pro style offense.  

Edited by ravishingone

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Fromm has shown to be a good college QB in the typical Bama mode.  I know he plays for GA, but as we know Kirby was at Bama for a long time.  None pf these guys really excite me.  Maybe Burrows then Eason.  Tua and Herbert will be gone in the top 3.

Another reason, I believe those 2 is because we have to remember who will be picking the QB.  BA will make the choice.  LSU and Washington run a good amount of pro style offense.  

Maybe a dumb question but do you really think BA would sign off on drafting a QB next year? He’s only got so many years left to coach and wants to win now, but then again he had to be aware of this possibility when he took the job.

Agreed on your speculation. Didn’t someone say BA is a fan of Burrow? Or am I dreaming that?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Maybe a dumb question but do you really think BA would sign off on drafting a QB next year? He’s only got so many years left to coach and wants to win now, but then again he had to be aware of this possibility when he took the job.

Agreed on your speculation. Didn’t someone say BA is a fan of Burrow? Or am I dreaming that?

I think thats the big question but I mean he has to have been thinking about it before the hire.  

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Not a dumb question at all.  I think coaches are geared to find upgrades to the roster then fans.  What I mean at this point, why would BA drop 25 million on sny position for average to below average prodiction.  In this league, you can sign a vet for a lot less and hope to get lightning in a bottle like Keenum and Minny.  Also, they released Fitzgetald from the PS squad for another QB who was a better passer.   Granted, the odds are very long he will do anything.  

As far as the draft, really only Cincy n Miami are locks to draft a QB.  What are the odds thst both regimes get the best QB in the draft.  Big Ben n Mshomes3rd QB taken in his draft.  Wilson 3rd rdr.  Dak 4th rounder.  

No doubt in my mind QB is in play in the fitst round unless Winston has a miraculous turnaround.