All things QB/Jameis

Lil' Shorty

4 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Its definitely possible...  I mean a ton of guys have won or been to the super bowl on their 2nd or 3rd year.    Russel Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, Jared Goff.    One thing those guys had in common was a good defense though so time will tell if we get that together as well.

This point is why Arians should not hesitate to get a rookie and start them now. Get Peterson to help the D and draft a rookie QB and OL. 

Idk why people are skeptical about this QB class (just general things I’ve seen). Maybe a lot of these guys seem average but there are 5 or so that could come in and start. You’d have to think at least one of them pans out. Will we get that one? History says no but BA working with the rookie from day 1 and I like the odds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lil' Shorty said:

This point is why Arians should not hesitate to get a rookie and start them now. Get Peterson to help the D and draft a rookie QB and OL. 

Idk why people are skeptical about this QB class (just general things I’ve seen). Maybe a lot of these guys seem average but there are 5 or so that could come in and start. You’d have to think at least one of them pans out. Will we get that one? History says no but BA working with the rookie from day 1 and I like the odds.

Qb classes are a huge gamble and just random...   I have given up on trying to figure out if its good or not if you need a QB just grab one don't wait.

A perfect example is the Mariota/Winston  class...   Not one QB in that class was successful in the least.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 9:36 PM, tmlgogo said:

Pretty sad to be posting in this topic. I'm still sitting here with my Josh Johnson jersey wondering when we will get a franchise quarterback. 

lol i remember thinking "Hey Josh Johnson can be pretty good"

im just down for any other QB , hell pick one in the 6th , look at Mustache Mania down in Duuuuuuuuuuval

When BA mentions sacks as a problem, I agree.  I think we can agree half or more of the sacks have been on Winston.  His pocket presence has gone way down.  He is running into sacks, which quite frankly is a new problem, and a majot problem.  Also, sacks represent indecisiveness, especially considering this passing game is sending out 4 an5 gjuys.  If sacks go down, production will go up.  I m not sure it will happen.

At the end of this season, I ll be only satisfied with 2 outcomes.  His overall season warrants a multi yr extension.  Or the organization moves on.  I have no interest in the franchise tag.  I know BA will only be here 1 yr, but I have to believe over an entire yr Arians can make a determination on the long term plan for the QB position.

15 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Wonder how much is speculation? I definitely think so with Mariota but this goes against BAs narrative. Hopefully this report is correct. Damn shame cuz Jameis has everything to be a franchise QB, but the in game catastrophic decision just can’t seem to be eliminated.

Burrow, Tua, Hurts. I’ll take 1 of them. I think BA could do them wonders. Idk about Herbert, Eason, and Fromm. 

• Like 1