All things QB/Jameis

Lil' Shorty

3 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Wonder how much is speculation? I definitely think so with Mariota but this goes against BAs narrative. Hopefully this report is correct. Damn shame cuz Jameis has everything to be a franchise QB, but the in game catastrophic decision just can’t seem to be eliminated.

Burrow, Tua, Hurts. I’ll take 1 of them. I think BA could do them wonders. Idk about Herbert, Eason, and Fromm. 

I think this report is all speculation and it coming from Bleacher report makes that much less reliable.   But in reality, anyone looking at these two quarterbacks can see this is something thats most likely going to happen lol.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

That s very fair and I agree.  He is either worthy of a multi yr extension or time to move on..

He's gonna have to win games and put up numbers doing so. The numbers I pulled outta my butt would give him a 32/16 TD/INT ratio and put us at 9-7 or 10-6.

Anything below .500 in year five with horrible numbers would end most QBs careers as starters (except Fitzmagic somehow). Number one overall pick or not, we need the the best 10 games of Jameis' career or we need a new QB.

Thoughts on how Arians would feel about Jalen Hurts? Apparently he always wants Jameis looking downfield and not running. Hurts does that but runs. Cam Newton, but better college passer is a fair comparison in my opinion. 

Assuming the #1 or 2 QB in the class is off the board, I kinda want to go Hurts, but is that a QB BA would want for this offense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's gonna have to win games and put up numbers doing so. The numbers I pulled outta my butt would give him a 32/16 TD/INT ratio and put us at 9-7 or 10-6.

Anything below .500 in year five with horrible numbers would end most QBs careers as starters (except Fitzmagic somehow). Number one overall pick or not, we need the the best 10 games of Jameis' career or we need a new QB.

A very fair expectation.  I really dont think franchising Jameis was on the table.  Either he was the long term solution or not.  

The Glazers hired the guy with a proven track record of evaluating Qb play.  If he fails, he was still the best option at the time in an overall weak draft and god awful Qb class.  And I had very little interest in Haskins.  A 1 yr starter at a great program.

#ItsABucsLife

10 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Thoughts on how Arians would feel about Jalen Hurts? Apparently he always wants Jameis looking downfield and not running. Hurts does that but runs. Cam Newton, but better college passer is a fair comparison in my opinion. 

Assuming the #1 or 2 QB in the class is off the board, I kinda want to go Hurts, but is that a QB BA would want for this offense.

Here s my very novice opinion on Hurts.  Do we discount the body of work at Bama as the aberration?  At Bama, he played with a elite talent against arguably the best defensive conference in college football.  At OU, he is playing with elite talent against arguably the worst defenses in college football.

Intangibles off the charts.  Athletically he looks average.  I just question how much interest BA would really have.

Week 7 and my opinion has not changed. The problem with Winston is he throws more INT's than anybody I've ever watched. I mean sure, P.Manning, Favre, and Roethlisberger would sometimes have these 2-3 INT games, but they managed to limit them. Winston on the other hand cannot limit his bad games. With him at starter, it's almost a guarantee that we have 7-10 games where he throws 2 or more INT's. It just makes those 7-10 games a **** ton harder for us to win. He would be a top 10 QB if he could limit that down to 2-4 games per season like the other QB's I mentioned, but unfortunately his 5th year in he still hasn't changed one bit.

I think we need to move on. And if we let Winston walk, I don't see him starting anywhere in the league unless there's a bad QB situation somewhere like Tennessee or Miami, but he would just be a relief starter till they find the real starter. He will be a career backup which is probably where he belongs, unless he shows something different the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

From what I have seen my opinion is he is going to be something like Lamar Jackson with less athletic ability.  He was pretty underwhelming in AL  with an all-star cast.

At OU he is looking legit but dude has at least 5 seconds almost every time he drops back to make a decision.  At times he is even erratic with his throws and he doesn't make many "pro" throws a lot of it is short stuff where his receivers are making that RAC.  CeeDee Lamb is a monster and makes people miss on the regular.  The things I think he excels at is taking care of the ball for the most part and he is clutch and has showed that many times in big games kinda like Deshaun Watson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sryan66611 said:

From what I have seen my opinion is he is going to be something like Lamar Jackson with less athletic ability.  He was pretty underwhelming in AL  with an all-star cast.

At OU he is looking legit but dude has at least 5 seconds almost every time he drops back to make a decision.  At times he is even erratic with his throws and he doesn't make many "pro" throws a lot of it is short stuff where his receivers are making that RAC.  CeeDee Lamb is a monster and makes people miss on the regular.  The things I think he excels at is taking care of the ball for the most part and he is clutch and has showed that many times in big games kinda like Deshaun Watson.

He was asked to do different things at AL and had different coaching. Agreed time helps any QB, but he’s solid outside the pocket too. I’ve seen plenty of pro throws from him and just today proved his deep ball is better than Jameis’. 

If he takes care of the ball and wins big games like Watson, sign me up. We’d probably have 2 more wins this year if our QB did that.