Week 2 GDT: Colts @ Titans

ttitansfan4life

It’s a new week and I wanted to get this one started ASAP. This isn’t just a game. It’ll be a huge day in remembering arguably our two biggest legends in Air McNair and Eddie George. It’ll be an emotional day and obviously a huge divisional game already early in the season. Colts are a much better coached team with an outstanding OL. Good weapons and a solid QB. Also I like the Colts defense more than the Browns overall. Browns have the better front 4 but I think they’re more stout up front and have a better LB and secondary group than the Browns. Going to be a good time. I’ll be flying down this weekend for the game. Ready to have a good time and hopefully they come out with a win against a team historically they’ve struggled with even without Luck. If they want to go from “good to great”, they have to beat the Colts and win in the division.

I’m not gonna chalk this up a win until I see it.

Titans need to win though.

Titans message all offseason was and still is going from good to great. If the Titans want to be great they need to win this game against Jacoby freaking Brissett 

If the Titans Secondary can keep up the good play hopefully they can force Brissett into some turnovers and hopefully the Arthur Smith opens up the playbook on the Colts.

Texans also play the Jags Sunday so it would be  nice to be 2-0 going into Jacksonville 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Brissett almost beat us twice when he started. 
Mack is running the ball and it will come down to stopping that run game. 

We can move the ball on them. It's a matter of if our defense can stop their scheme. 

I mean I have more confidence in the defense showing up than the offense... Our offense certainly didn’t move it on them last year.

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

I mean I have more confidence in the defense showing up than the offense... Our offense certainly didn’t move it on them last year.

Well yeah, the defense is ahead of the offense. 

If Gabbert can have us within a TD in the last game, I think a healthy Marcus and improved weapons can have a similar if not better outcome.

Hopefully our offensive line can perform better, they got owned last year. 

This isn't a "stout" defense. They are solid though. I liked Arthur Smith's adjustments against Wilkes yesterday, lets see what he has this week.

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Well yeah, the defense is ahead of the offense. 

If Gabbert can have us within a TD in the last game, I think a healthy Marcus and improved weapons can have a similar if not better outcome.

Hopefully our offensive line can perform better, they got owned last year. 

This isn't a "stout" defense. They are solid though. I liked Arthur Smith's adjustments against Wilkes yesterday, lets see what he has this week.

I think you’re underrating their defense a lot. They may not be loaded with big time names but Leonard is a stud. Houston is still a good player and I like their secondary way more than Cleveland’s. They’ll be a top 15 defense which is pretty good. When I said “stout”, I meant I think they’ll be better at defending the run than Cleveland. Also Gabbert didn’t have this team within 7.... the Titans defense did. Mariota is definitely better than Gabbert and the weapons are better but Mariota and the offense looked absolutely terrible against the Colts last season 1 week after dominating the Patriots. If Henry can’t run the ball, it’s going to be a long day.

7 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I think you’re underrating their defense a lot. They may not be loaded with big time names but Leonard is a stud. Houston is still a good player and I like their secondary way more than Cleveland’s. They’ll be a top 15 defense which is pretty good. When I said “stout”, I meant I think they’ll be better at defending the run than Cleveland. Also Gabbert didn’t have this team within 7.... the Titans defense did. Mariota is definitely better than Gabbert and the weapons are better but Mariota and the offense looked absolutely terrible against the Colts last season 1 week after dominating the Patriots. If Henry can’t run the ball, it’s going to be a long day.

For me, with the offensive line in its current state, I’m more concerned with pass rush than back seven, so while I think the Colts have a better defense than the Browns, I’m not any more worried about them than I was Cleveland.

But it’s also the Colts, so I’m definitely worried.

13 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I'll just say this

In my opinion, we should win our next two games. If we do, we can maybe start talking about this team not being the "same old Titans". But the "same old Titans" lose at least 1 of our next 2.

Same old Titans would come out and get slaughtered this week after a big win. Happened last year after the Pats game. They have to get that Colts stigma off of them if they want to go from good to great. They’re at home this week going against the Andrew Luck less Colts(although Brissett is a solid QB) so they need to win. Same with the following week facing the Jags with a 5th round rookie starting at QB. Shut down Fournette and make Minshew beat you. Honestly it’ll be a disappointment if this team isn’t 3-0 heading into week 4 against Atlanta but it isn’t always that simple and this team has disappointed big time in the past. 

• Like 2