Week 2 GDT: Colts @ Titans

ttitansfan4life

Last year, we had a huge victory over the Eagles, then proceeded to no show against the Bills. We had an even bigger win against the eventual Super Bowl champs Patriots, only to get the breaks beat off us against these Colts.

We got to win this to shake that "same old Titans" feeling that a lot of us fans have.

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Same old Titans would come out and get slaughtered this week after a big win. Happened last year after the Pats game. They have to get that Colts stigma off of them if they want to go from good to great. They’re at home this week going against the Andrew Luck less Colts(although Brissett is a solid QB) so they need to win. Same with the following week facing the Jags with a 5th round rookie starting at QB. Shut down Fournette and make Minshew beat you. Honestly it’ll be a disappointment if this team isn’t 3-0 heading into week 4 against Atlanta but it isn’t always that simple and this team has disappointed big time in the past. 

My goal is 3-1 through the Lewan suspension. If we can be above .500 and then have an offensive line capable of opening up the playbook, we should be in good shape.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I think you’re underrating their defense a lot. They may not be loaded with big time names but Leonard is a stud. Houston is still a good player and I like their secondary way more than Cleveland’s. They’ll be a top 15 defense which is pretty good. When I said “stout”, I meant I think they’ll be better at defending the run than Cleveland. Also Gabbert didn’t have this team within 7.... the Titans defense did. Mariota is definitely better than Gabbert and the weapons are better but Mariota and the offense looked absolutely terrible against the Colts last season 1 week after dominating the Patriots. If Henry can’t run the ball, it’s going to be a long day.

If Henry can't run the ball, then yeah it will be a long day. Seeing that we are a team based on the run and play-action. 

I think the Colts have a better team defense but not more talented than the Browns. They are disciplined and fast. They can give us fits. 

And give credit to who you want to give credit too. The team was in a winnable game last game of the season with Gabbert at QB. Missing Logan Ryan and Casey. 
But the Colts' defensive line can give us a lot of trouble with stunts if we aren't careful.

And like someone said above, the Chargers ran the ball pretty well against them. IF we can get that mojo going and take advantage of their speed, we can move the ball.

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

I'll just say this

In my opinion, we should win our next two games. If we do, we can maybe start talking about this team not being the "same old Titans". But the "same old Titans" lose at least 1 of our next 2.

ding ding ding

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

ding ding ding

that said...the more I think about it...if we end up losing a close game where both teams play well between Indy/Jax, Im not sure if that means "same old titans." Divisional games are always rough, but the 'same old titans' would lay an egg in either game a la Buffalo last year

18 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

that said...the more I think about it...if we end up losing a close game where both teams play well between Indy/Jax, Im not sure if that means "same old titans." Divisional games are always rough, but the 'same old titans' would lay an egg in either game a la Buffalo last year

yeah, it’s one thing if it’s a close, hard-fought game but we know that’s not been the MO of this team in the past lol, they come out there looking like they forgot how to play football

People on here were saying this was a new Titans team after winning vs Houston, Jacksonville and Philly despite all the injuries and issues we were dealing with.

So while I agree winning these next two would give me a lot of confidence and "feel different", I think the truth is, you don't really know much about a team until you get halfway through a season.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I will say we hung in there last year with Gabbert and had almost no one left and had a chance to win that game last year against an Andrew Luck Colts team.

For once it be nice to smack the Colts around for once but I’m sure this will be a close game Colts still have a lot of talent 

Yup. We’ll have Mariota, Walker, Conklin, Casey, and Ryan this time around with Brown, Humphries, Saffold, and Wake added to the mix. Only guy we’re missing is Lewan obviously. We’re an infinitely better team going in to this one than we were going in to week 17 last year.