Week 2 GDT: Colts @ Titans

ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

He threw a good pass as he scrambled to his left.  All Sharpe had to worry about was bringing both feet down in bounds.  It's a pretty standard play. 

He does need to see the field better and make those pre snap reads better.  I actually thought he was at his best yesterday in the no huddle... where he gets to the LOS, reads the defense and makes the call.  We got away from that too... but to me that was when he was at his best yesterday.  He did call a run play into a stacked box that I thought was a bad decision, but they seemed to get into a good rhythm...

I haven't seen a cut up of it, but from what I'm remembering, Sharpe had to get both feet in bounds and lay out to catch a ball that was out of bounds. It was a good throw because the coverage was inside, but just as impressive of a catch. I don't consider that standard. He made a play in my memory.

6 hours ago, dtait93 said:

According to Blake Beddingfield, Mariota made the right read on the 4th and 2 pass to AJ. Said it was the right pre-snap read since there were 3 db’s to the right with 2 receivers, and 2 db’s to the left with 2 receivers. Just a bad throw.

Yeah, people pointing at Davis getting open on that play was dumb. Pre snap he made the right decision to look left, and whether he was reading it from inside out or the other way, he also made the right decision to throw it to Brown. It just sailed high and a rookie in his 2nd game may not always complete that type of catch, with the game on the line.

5 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Yeah, people pointing at Davis getting open on that play was dumb. Pre snap he made the right decision to look left, and whether he was reading it from inside out or the other way, he also made the right decision to throw it to Brown. It just sailed high and a rookie in his 2nd game may not always complete that type of catch, with the game on the line.

Right. I didn't even blame Mariota for the throw until I saw how bad it was in the replay, but I don't see the point in blaming him for the read. Brown was open he just missed him. You don't sit back and scan the field on a slant lmao.

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Right. I didn't even blame Mariota for the throw until I saw how bad it was in the replay, but I don't see the point in blaming him for the read. Brown was open he just missed him. You don't sit back and scan the field on a slant lmao.

And I will say it was high. But I can see why he threw it higher. 

Leonard cut off Humphries and wasn't a clear as day lane. 

It does go along with the latest trend of missing high, which is a concern. 

He was off. Needed a great play from Brown to make up for it. 

Didn't happen. 

If that was his only mistake I think it could be forgiven easier. 

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I saw this and didn’t want to post it because I knew it would lead to more Mariota bashing, but it’s an incredible stat given that 22 points is not a high bar.

Well if one is honest, they'd know that more goes into that stat. 

One major one being that Henry didn't turn it on until December. And we had Blaine Gabbert and injured Marcus majority of those times.

Along with Lafleur, who we all were critical of. Also pass catchers named Nick Williams and Cameron Batson. 

All contributed to that stat. 

But Marcus is the head so it starts with him. QB is the engine. But offense has been a problem here for a while. 

Dinger was the last good OC we had. 

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Well if one is honest, they'd know that more goes into that stat. 

One major one being that Henry didn't turn it on until December. And we had Blaine Gabbert and injured Marcus majority of those times.

Along with Lafleur, who we all were critical of. Also pass catchers named Nick Williams and Cameron Batson. 

All contributed to that stat. 

But Marcus is the head so it starts with him. QB is the engine. But offense has been a problem here for a while. 

Dinger was the last good OC we had. 

Naw how dare you discredit Palmer dude was a damn genius 😩

• Like 1