Week 2 GDT: Colts @ Titans

ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

This is true. To me there wasn’t a big difference between him and Larry Warford who I liked. I liked Warmack and thought he could succeed at least as a road grader.

Oh yeah, I still liked Warmack as a prospect, but I was adamant that he wasn't worth a top 10 pick.

The biggest red flag I remember was his speed at the combine.  He was the slowest lineman there, IIRC.  Generational prospects should be able to pull.  That and just the fact that he played at Alabama.  Always a concern.

16 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Oh yeah, I still liked Warmack as a prospect, but I was adamant that he wasn't worth a top 10 pick.

The biggest red flag I remember was his speed at the combine.  He was the slowest lineman there, IIRC.  Generational prospects should be able to pull.  That and just the fact that he played at Alabama.  Always a concern.

Why would playing for the most succesful college program in recent history be a concern?

Just now, Andrei01 said:

Why would playing for the most succesful college program in recent history be a concern?

Because statistically, Alabama prospects bust at a very high rate, or at least, they underperform their draft status more than any other school.  Someone actually did a statistical analysis of it a few years ago.  I'll see if I can find it.

One reason is that they're such a successful program.  It makes everyone's jobs easier when you're surrounded by talent.

The other reason is they don't do practices without pads.  One thing about Saban, he drives his players harder than pretty much any other college program.  It makes them a well oiled machine, but it also makes them have injury issues, and come into the NFL with less tread on their tires.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Because statistically, Alabama prospects bust at a very high rate, or at least, they underperform their draft status more than any other school.  Someone actually did a statistical analysis of it a few years ago.  I'll see if I can find it.

One reason is that they're such a successful program.  It makes everyone's jobs easier when you're surrounded by talent.

The other reason is they don't do practices without pads.  One thing about Saban, he drives his players harder than pretty much any other college program.  It makes them a well oiled machine, but it also makes them have injury issues, and come into the NFL with less tread on their tires.

So the red flag is they're coming from a team surrounded by talent, but the talent that surrounds them will also carry that same red flag. Doesn't make much sense, if you ask me. Sure, there have been some big time busts coming out of Bama, just like there has been some real, elite talent as well. If there is some data to back this up, I'd be interested to see it.