Week 2 GDT: Still the Browns vs. New York’s 2nd Team

NateDawg

Bounce Back  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

17 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Baker simply isn’t ready to run a high powered 11 personnel offense. Last year Freddie ran a “gimmicky” offense that was simpler for Baker. It consisted of:

--Baker only having to read half the field
--Mass protection on many plays
--Plays designed to get the first read open quickly
--Having multiple TEs to help w/blocking
--Keeping a back in to help w/blocking
--Trickeration to keep D's off-balance

Our New Senior Offensive Consultant...

FSLV54MG5KP9VIA.LARGE.jpg

Guaranteed More Tickeration.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

I sincerely hope we learned our lesson from last week's debacle. I don't give two s***s about who suits up for the Gang Green - we need to treat them like the Packers teams of the 1960s.

We need to live by, and act accordingly, the axiom that says "Any NFL team can beat any other NFL team on any Sunday."

Step on their throat in qtr 1 and don't let up until they Get Back ON the Plane to go HOME!!!

db270fe4b1c54def51538af7d11acfcb.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=3637611

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah I'm not sure the point here. If this was something OBJ discovered and wanted to talk about I'd understand but everyone has known this for many years so why even bother saying it.

Perhaps trying to get some of those yellow flags to be thrown in our favour.

15 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah I'm not sure the point here. If this was something OBJ discovered and wanted to talk about I'd understand but everyone has known this for many years so why even bother saying it.

It’s also odd too because it’s definitely possible some of those guys on the defensive side of the ball may like Gregggg.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Walker, who I was always a fan of until recently was talking this same stuff before the game so if it didn't fire us up before the game I don't see why it would now. If it did have our guys fired up I'd recommend not going into the next game fired up.

I didn't hear any of our players bad mouthing the Titans before the game but Walker did it and somehow they were still the "victims" of our cockiness.

After his battle back from injury and that presser, I'm actually a fan of Walker now. I don't care how he fired himself up for the game or how he motivated himself.  Walker like Baker and other players find external reasons to keep their fire burning bright. The great ones of course either are primarily or have a burning fire from within that motivates them as well.

You're right in that we shouldn't stay in the past; I was really just making the point that whenever they started to analyze what happened in the game previously that challenging the teams pride in a non-panicky way would be a desired tactic of mine. Whether that be via Walker's video or something else.

At some point having talent and a hard camp but being outplayed and executed should cause our team to look in the mirror. Reports are that they have and have responded well. We'll see what we get on Monday.

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Who cares 🤷🏼‍♂️

Like LGB said there are probably some players on that defense that still likes Gregg so I'd rather not have him discuss someone who doesn't wear orange and brown in this case. I'd rather he wear two watches than potentially create a divide in the locker room.

I don't think it matters as far as the play on the field Monday night though.