Week 2 GDT: Still the Browns vs. New York’s 2nd Team

NateDawg

Bounce Back  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Baker needs to spend next off-season breaking down film. Watch coverages over and over and over. Booger was talking about how Williams was confusing Baker by showing one coverage pre-snap and then going into another coverage post-snap.

I think part of his struggles is the chaotic offseason he had. He got married and was hit with a lot of changes in his personal, business, and professional life.

Next offseason?? I'm in the mindset that if Baker wants to be great, he went home last night and watched the game film and was in the facility this morning crack of dawn early looking at more film. Perhaps my expectations of Baker are too high but as a QB, I want him to be a film junkie all the time like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Teams are going to use the Titans game and this last game to see what disrupts Baker because I'm sure we can all agree he was definitely not at his best the first 2 games of the season.

Peace!!!

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Baker needs to spend next off-season breaking down film. Watch coverages over and over and over. Booger was talking about how Williams was confusing Baker by showing one coverage pre-snap and then going into another coverage post-snap.

I think part of his struggles is the chaotic offseason he had. He got married and was hit with a lot of changes in his personal, business, and professional life.

No. Sometimes defenses are just good. The Jets played a great defensive game. I was convinced they were in man several times when they then morphed into zone. They were doing an elite job of confusing Baker and no amount of film study can make you KNOW what coverage they’re gonna be in with the disguises. 

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

Not sure what's up with Ward, but he just looks off balance and unsure of himself.

On the plus side, I thought Greedy looked good.

I wonder if size bothers Denzel. Robby Anderson is tall and AJ brown is built like the hulk.

We will see next week with the Rams midgets.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

No. Sometimes defenses are just good. The Jets played a great defensive game. I was convinced they were in man several times when they then morphed into zone. They were doing an elite job of confusing Baker and no amount of film study can make you KNOW what coverage they’re gonna be in with the disguises. 

i completely agree. Also Greggg knew everything that Baker struggled with. Hell, its prolly best that it was exsposed now, so Baker can work on it and the coaches can add that into the practice wrinkles, so other teams cant use it. 

like you said, no amount of film will prepare you for the disguises. 

15 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

We beat the Ravens last year. 

That week 5 OT win 12-9 was a completely different Ravens team with Joe Flacco in the league, key defensive players injured, and that team not fully formed. 

I do remember the last game of the season when they were closer to fully formed. We lost. 

We beat the Jets, Bengals (twice), Broncos, Falcons, Panthers (Cam with a spaghetti arm pre-surgery), Broncos ... none contenders, none in high leverage, high pressure situations. 

Falcons were probably the best win. My point is we haven't taken that next step yet. We have a 5 game stretch where I'm excited if we can compete and win against contenders. Then, we'll know what we have.

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

That week 5 OT win 12-9 was a completely different Ravens team with Joe Flacco in the league, key defensive players injured, and that team not fully formed. 

I do remember the last game of the season when they were closer to fully formed. We lost.

By 2, on the road, with them fighting for their playoff spot.

I have no idea how good they are, but beating up on Miami and AZ impresses me as much as our win against the Jets.  

We don’t what either team is yet tbh.