Week 2 GDT: Still the Browns vs. New York’s 2nd Team

NateDawg

Bounce Back  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

On 9/9/2019 at 6:23 PM, buno67 said:

Pretty he has worn the watch before. It’s at least not the first time I’ve seen a WR wearing a watch. I think some dude was wearing a Rolex during the super bowl a few years ago. 

Were not ready? I just think we were way to cocky going into last week. It was a great wake up call for the team. 

You bet we were not ready.  

Coaches fault, they put an offense on the field that had never played together before.  Pre-season was wasted on players that aren't even with the team now.  You need lots of reps especially with new personnel.  This caused sloppy play and multiple dumb penalties.

Not sure how long it will take to get back on track.

29 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Yes hubbard is absolutely our worst OL. Maybe he will play better this week. Doesn’t sound like we’re making any changes.

He's the best we have, sadly. But this off-season he needs to be cut and potentially executed. He was our worst OL last year too so I have no faith in a turnaround. He

Blaming the OL is such a cop out. Chubb ran well and had room. Baker generally had enough time but was sloppy with his footwork and timing. The gameplan was mediocre going pass first vs a good pass defense. IDK maybe he was trying to subvert expectations thinking the Titans would be playing for the run but ..the receivers couldn't hold up to the Titans hard hitting. Njoku is a drive killer with those drops. I'd try to get Ricky Seals Jones up to speed asap. Similar athletic talent and a better blocker. Doesn't get open as well but probably has better hands.

I get that this team is paying the most expensive receiving duo in the league so they're going to pass but I really thought he'd utilize a big time talent like Chubb better. Chubb has hands and should be a really good 3 down threat.

Wilks' defense isn't changing. They'll be soft vs the run all year. If the offense can't dictate the game this defense is going to struggle.

1 hour ago, BrownLeader said:

The gameplan was mediocre going pass first vs a good pass defense.

I'd assume the game plan was to run the ball a lot more, but penalties made that impossible. As did the score late in the game. It's tough to run the football when you are staring at a 1st & 20.

It's not a cop out on the coach. He was putrid and penalties are a reflection of the coach.

4 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Gonna be a low scoring game probably. Jets will force turnovers and crazy blitzes will be boundless. Hard to predict a win after Sunday. Going super downer mode, I'll say 14-12 Jets. 

Grggg smells blood in the water and will be out for revenge. Hopefully our OL can hold up... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

The gameplan was mediocre going pass first vs a good pass defense.

Not to mention the fact that we were doing so many play action fakes without having established the run. If we want to sling it, let Baker drop back and get a clean look instead of worrying about play fakes.

If Baker can get the time he will pick apart the Jets secondary. The Bills left a lot of plays out there and the two INT that counted were either tipped at the line or hit off a receiver.

Not sure how the Browns defense is on the backend but Darnold and the Jets OL was a mess when pressured (which was a lot). I'd expect to see Garrett make a lot of plays. 

37 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

If Baker can get the time he will pick apart the Jets secondary. The Bills left a lot of plays out there and the two INT that counted were either tipped at the line or hit off a receiver.

Not sure how the Browns defense is on the backend but Darnold and the Jets OL was a mess when pressured (which was a lot). I'd expect to see Garrett make a lot of plays. 

We matchup extremely well with them imo.

Our front 4 still ended up sacking Mariota 4 times Sunday. Titans also have an elite secondary, the Jets have a bad secondary.

I also don’t expect to commit 18 penalties again.

Edited by candyman93

And to all the people saying all the penalties a reflection of the coach what more do you want Freddie to do.... he from everything we have read and heard ran a camp that held the players accountable for their mistakes, he didn’t run a la di da oh it’s ok camp, no If you F’ed up you had to pay the punishment for it he preached accountability every day, idk what more you guys want him to do besides actually going out and holding the players hands and say no no no don’t do that, at some point the players have to accept the responsibility for it, they are grown adults who have played this game for years they know what they can and can’t do

Edited by Dawgpoun8017
  • Like 1