Week 2 GDT: Still the Browns vs. New York’s 2nd Team

NateDawg

Bounce Back  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

It's honestly just a relief that we whooped them.  Our defense won that game, our offense did enough without turning the ball over.  We could have ran 50 times and still won.

Curious play calling again.

Too many running plays called when they had 8 in the box.

Or was Mayfield asleep at the switch and not calling audibles?

44 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jesus y’all are a complaining bag of *******s.

We just won a MNF game on the road.

Be happy you idiots.

Yea man I’m glad we’re underwhelmed after winning by 20 and beating a team we should have beat.  That’s what good teams do

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'm pretty sure we could beat the Patriots 50-0 and you'd still nitpick about something.

;) 

No, I would have a basis for optimism about this team if that somehow happened.

Not nitpicking.

The hype was that we were a playoff team for sure and a possible SB contender.

Not the case based on what I am seeing.

Image result for the power of accurate observation

• Like 1

I am worried about what the Rams front 7 and Donald will do to Baker if Monken/Freddie dont come out next week fully prepared to alter the play calling. If Baker is waiting for 10-15 yard routes to develop every other snap he might get sacked 20x.

They need need need a more quick hitting rhythm offense

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

A win always feels good, but until this team with Baker leading beats a team with a winning record and/or playoff contender I'll reserve my real excitement.

Freddie calling a pass play getting Baker hit when we're up 20 and there's like a minute left in the game is one of the most disappointing things and upsetting things from this game. It's the height of foolishness and shows a real lack of awareness. How can you put your franchise QB in a position like that. It wasn't even a QB protecting play call.

• Like 3

I know a lot people aren't talking about it, but OBJ does not look healthy at all. His route speed and movement dynamics were sluggish relative to the elite of elite movement athlete he's been in his career. 

On that TD run, a healthy OBJ houses that with ease, but you could see his movement not as fluid, him laboring, and his acceleration/speed diminished. 

Now, when you're an elite athlete with crazy speed that still means you house that thing like he did lol.

Will be something to watch going forward. I hope he can stay healthy.

I'm very happy with a win tonight so I don't want my opinion to be confused. 

Looking ahead towards next week, I have some real concerns about what I think we could see.  We've really not had the best game-plan on offense, and I think I expected more of an adjustment from last week to this week.  Baker isn't being put in a consistent position to be successful with the passing play-calling.  He has never really done great against inside pressure, and the Rams have that in bunches, led by Donald.  Baker has seemed confused or uncomfortable in the pocket more than I expected so far. 

To have a chance of winning or avoiding serious injury to Mayfield next week, the recipe needs to be 3-step drops, rollouts, and screen passes to go with the ground game. 

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I know a lot people aren't talking about it, but OBJ does not look healthy at all. His route speed and movement dynamics were sluggish relative to the elite of elite movement athlete he's been in his career. 

On that TD run, a healthy OBJ houses that with ease, but you could see his movement not as fluid, him laboring, and his acceleration/speed diminished. 

Now, when you're an elite athlete with crazy speed that still means you house that thing like he did lol.

Will be something to watch going forward. I hope he can stay healthy.

It was the fastest a player has been clocked at this year on a scoring play. Not saying he is 100% but I think he is close enough that we don't have to worry about it unless something happens.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It was the fastest a player has been clocked at this year on a scoring play. Not saying he is 100% but I think he is close enough that we don't have to worry about it unless something happens.

I also dont feel like people are talking enough about the defense. I know the Jets had a horrible QB situation, but they were absolutely manhandled up front for 4qtrs