Jaguars trade 2020 5th round pick to Steelers for QB Josh Dobbs

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, bzane said:

"Please cite one excuse I made with regard to Josh Dobbs?

I still stand by everything I've said about him.  At this time last year everyone was writing him off to even make the roster after the Steelers drafted Mason Rudolph in the 3rd round.  All Dobbs did was ball out in the preseason and win the backup job behind Big Ben.

Josh Dobbs is simply playing behind a future Hall of Fame QB that just led the league in passing yards and set the franchise record for passing TDs.   This is no different than when Aaron Rodgers didn't start his first 3 years in the NFL because he was playing behind future Hall of Famer Brett Favre.

So please get your facts straight.  I have no backed off one inch over my expectations for Josh Dobbs.  I fully expect him to be a superstar QB in the NFL when he gets his shot."

@VanS  Annnnd, here is his shot!!

Image result for Josh Dobbs

"Can't wait."  [Bart Scott voice]

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Its happening!!  This is the start of a HOF career

Steelers have a history of doing this.

They traded/released 2 other QBs in their franchise history that eventually became Hall of Famers elsewhere (Johnny Unitas & Len Dawson).

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, VanS said:

Steelers have a history of doing this.

They traded/released 2 other QBs in their franchise history that eventually became Hall of Famers elsewhere (Johnny Unitas & Len Dawson).

Did you just seriously compare Josh Dobbs to two Hall of Famers?

And this is also the STUPIDEST logic I have ever seen. Pittsburgh has released a lot more quarterbacks in their history than just Unitas and Dawson. I never saw Landry Jones and Kordell Stewart amount to anything.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 3

I can't stand people who try to hype up random/obviously bad players and then try to wow us with meaningless facts/stats that no one cares about. This is the same guy who thinks Josh Allen is going to be in MVP talks.

Edited by Elky

56 minutes ago, Elky said:

Did you just seriously compare Josh Dobbs to two Hall of Famers?

And this is also the STUPIDEST logic I have ever seen. Pittsburgh has released a lot more quarterbacks in their history than just Unitas and Dawson. I never saw Landry Jones and Kordell Stewart amount to anything.

Bruh....I was only saying its a good omen for Dobbs.  Not saying its a law of physics that every QB the Steelers trade or release becomes a Hall of Famer.  Calm down.

I'm just a well-known Dobbs fan who is rooting for him.  Stop taking message board post so seriously.

1 hour ago, VanS said:

You might come to regret this trade if Dobbs becomes a starter and Mason Rudolph isn't the answer.

ben will play for as long as he can and until he proves he can run the offence and win a SB when in total control of the team.  Last night , dobbs or riudolph could have been better than ben, but thats speculation considering moncrief dropped a record number of passes etc. What a terrible game, but good luck to dobbs. I never understood the smh towards him either. Colbert drafts dobbs in RD4 then trades him for a 5thO.o

32 minutes ago, VanS said:

Bruh....I was only saying its a good omen for Dobbs.  Not saying its a law of physics that every QB the Steelers trade or release becomes a Hall of Famer.  Calm down.

I'm just a well-known Dobbs fan who is rooting for him.  Stop taking message board post so seriously.

Except its not an omen?

We get you have a weird fetish for Josh Dobbs. Seriously we get it. However, he's not as good as you think he is. I don't even think his mother thinks he's that good.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

6/12 for 50 yards and an INT in regular season play. How will I ever get over losing that?

Its not about what he's done.  Its about what he might do.   If he ends up having a better career than Mason Rudolph then the Steelers will regret the trade.

1 minute ago, VanS said:

Its not about what he's done.  Its about what he might do.   If he ends up having a better career than Mason Rudolph then the Steelers will regret the trade.

Both are probably destined to be backups...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Elky said:

Except its not an omen?

We get you have a weird fetish for Josh Dobbs. Seriously we get it. However, he's not as good as you think he is. I don't even think his mother thinks he's that good.

We'll see.  Unlike you I'm not ready to write off a 24 year old with physical tools like Dobbs.  He's got starting caliber arm strength and elite athleticism.   All he needed was an opportunity.  He's got that now.  Lets see what he does with it.

• Like 1

Just now, VanS said:

We'll see.  Unlike you I'm not ready to write off a 24 year old with physical tools like Dobbs.  He's got starting caliber arm strength and elite athleticism.   All he needed was an opportunity.  He's got that now.  Lets see what he does with it.

Yep, sure displayed that by being unable to be Ben's backup.