Guice to miss more time with knee issues

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, theJ said:

The real benefactor for Guice's missed time is going to be Chris Thompson.  Yeah, AP will have to be active now.  But i can't imagine he's going to see more than 10-12 carries/game.  Thompson gets the other 5 or so, and catches all the passes.

Thompson is made out of glass

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Lol. I remember everyone saying how impressive he looked in the preseason. Pure hype. The guy didn’t look very good. He was stiff without any agility. 

I feel for the guy...but boy this doesn’t look good at all for him. 

I don't count pre-season as meaningful snaps, as I'm more concerned about the games.  But it's been over 18 months since he last saw action in a game.  Few players are going to look that good under those situations.  For Gruden to think Guice could handle that workload is foolish, and more reason for him to be fired as the Redskins head coach.  The smart play is to give Peterson most of the touches out of the gate, and gradually involve Guice more and more, and near the end of the year, their touches have essentially flipped, with Guice getting the most and Peterson the least.  

Instead, this happens, and Guice is out for an undetermined length of time, further setting back his development.  But that's Redskins football under Snyder and Allen.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heafstaag said:

Redskins....you have AP. Just feed him.

Anyone know how the Redskins' oline is? I thought they've have had a pretty good line the last few years that has been hurt by injuries. If they o-line is healthy, just feed AP!

I bet he can still go ALL DAY!

LT is old man Donald Penn.  Trent Williams is still on his holdout because of the medical team being incompetent.  

LG is Ereck Flowers, who was a bust at tackle, but had a decent game against Philly at guard.  

C is Chase Roullier, who is solid.  

RG is Brandon Scherff, who is a fantastic run blocker.  

RT is Morgan Moses, who is above average until you factor in his tendency to take terrible penalties.  

So its probably a below average unit as a whole at this point.  But you still should have Peterson taking those early carries, since Guice hasn't played a football game in over 18 months. 

9 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Wonder Bryce Love gets a chance at some playing time? Think he's a guy that could turn some heads if given a chance.

He's currently on the NFI injury list, since he tore his ACL in a college game in December.  He may not make it back this year if they decide to hold him out, which might be a good idea with the way the offensive line looks, and how Guice is already hurt. 

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He's currently on the NFI injury list, since he tore his ACL in a college game in December.  He may not make it back this year if they decide to hold him out, which might be a good idea with the way the offensive line looks, and how Guice is already hurt. 

Forgot that was in December for some reason I was thinking it was longer ago. If Love comes back pre-injury form, he could make that backfield interesting. He was fun to watch at Stanford.