GDT Week 1: Raiders @ Titans

CaliforniaKid7

57 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

Wishful thinking Jerry.  Will this mean I won't have to sedate myself this year?  In anticipation I've already stocked the liquor cabinet.

Even with the things he listed we'll still have big plays given up and mental lapse by the defense. It wouldn't be reality to think otherwise. So I'm sure their will still be games you will need that liquor if you feel you needed it last year.

Still a young group at LB. A group learning to communicate better on the back end. And a group developing still on the Dline. They are gonna make mistakes.

I see the titans running it down our throats. Our defense will tire but make a big play here or there to stop a drive. Carr will unleash the Beast at some point and just try to go up big which gets the titans out of their run game. We will take an early lead and let our RB's do their thing. Titans catch up and it's a high scoring game where we win it in the final minutes. Raiders 35 to Titans 31

This game is 100% about Carr taking his time and making safe, high percentage throws. We have a ton of weapons on offense and between Carr, Crab, Cook, and Roberts, we should be able to move the ball well in the pass game. I think Amari will be given space underneath to make plays because these guys will fear his deep speed. I think if they shift coverage over to Amari, Cook will eat in the middle as will Crab. I think Adoree Jackson will struggle with Crabtree in the redzone and marshawn may have a chance to catch some passes as well. With Lee back, we can bulk up the right side and keep Carr clean. 

I think our DL can get home provided the defense isn't on the field a lot. The real question will be if James can keep up his play from the preseason and if Lee can take on blockers like he did against Dallas. Their offense will be a big problem, but if our secondary steps up and if Amerson turns into Deion again, we could be looking ok. Look for Joseph to star in this game. I think he makes a huge impact and prevents Mariota from running wild. If Mariota does run, he fumbled some last year so putting a big lick on him from a guy like Kujo could mean a big turnover. The biggest matchup on defense for me will be Lewan and Irvin. I think Mack will line up against Conklin primarily, but if Lewan's ankle actually is shaky, I could see Irvin making a few plays with his speed off the edge.

I'm still pessimistic about this team because I feel like we don't make the use of our players on defense, but I have some hope that we might come out with a W. Mainly because Lynch will allow us to convert short yardage plays, make 3rd downs more manageable, and our run game as a whole should continue to improve. 

Carr's ascension will hopefully continue this year, but he needs to not get the ball out as fast sometimes and take his time going through progressions. He sometimes rushes the ball from a clean pocket and is inaccurate to start games. He needs to shake out those jitters and keep this offense on the field longer. I think he can and will, but that's what I'll look for from him.

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Diminutive rookie CB Adoree Jackson will probably start for them. Will be interesting to see how we attack him. 

Probably often. He's a fairly aggressive corner, so my main hope is that maybe he can snag an interception, because I know he's going to get beat plenty. The only bright side is that he's really not any worse than either of the corners we had starting last year.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Probably often. He's a fairly aggressive corner, so my main hope is that maybe he can snag an interception, because I know he's going to get beat plenty. The only bright side is that he's really not any worse than either of the corners we had starting last year.

Will be tough fam. Carr doesn't give those away easy. Unless Adoree outjumps dudes on 50-50 balls.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Will be tough fam. Carr doesn't give those away easy. Unless Adoree outjumps dudes on 50-50 balls.

Threw one to an inside linebacker that struggles in coverage last year. It's not impossible lol.

Adoree is quick to try to jump routes, so if he reads a play right it can happen. Though it's probably more likely that he just gets beat on a double move. 

9 hours ago, S&B Bleeder said:

Wishful thinking Jerry.  Will this mean I won't have to sedate myself this year?  In anticipation I've already stocked the liquor cabinet.

We'll see.  I just hope our players play with a chip on their shoulder this weekend.  A lot of analysts are picking us to lose, of course these are the same analysts that picked the Patriots to win their opener as well.

36 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Threw one to an inside linebacker that struggles in coverage last year. It's not impossible lol.

Adoree is quick to try to jump routes, so if he reads a play right it can happen. Though it's probably more likely that he just gets beat on a double move. 

He didn't throw anything to that LB. it was deflected and off of Crabs hands due to a PI that wasn't called 

41 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Seconded @OakRaiders3828 . It was PI and a deflected ball. Carr actually isn't undercut on routes very often because he's good at not staring down receivers and he has a lot of velocity. Linebackers are more likely to get picks on him if they're playing shallow zone.

Still, it's definitely possible but Carr has gotten really good.

9 minutes ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

He didn't throw anything to that LB. it was deflected and off of Crabs hands due to a PI that wasn't called 

Honestly, I don't remember individual interceptions. All I'm reading is that Adoree will knock it out of Crabtree's hands and get an interception that way. I'll take it. Deal.

Though watching that play back, if you want PI called in that situation, you're begging for refs to throw 30 flags every game. I mean there was some contact with Crabtree's back, but he was looking directly at the ball with his hands going around him rather than through him to try to break it up. Wasn't really worse than the contact on the last play of the game with Harry Douglas (which admittedly, Titans complained about at the time as well). You've got to let DB's at least try to break up passes.

Feels so good to having meaning full Raider game on. I am worried about this game for all the obvious reasons. They present everything on offense that gives the Raiders problems on defense. 

I expect a big time game from Carr. i think Lynch will play a bigger role on offense then some expect. Wouldn't surprise me to see him get 20 touches he and the rest of the RB's are key to the offense. Need a good rushing attack to help chew up clock and keep the defense off the field. I'm super excited such a big game for the Raiders you win this game there is  98 percent chance you start 2-0 with playing the Jets the next week. 

Amerson always seems to play better in Tennessee so hopefully he can keep that up.

I will say Oakland 27 Titans 21 

The Raiders Game plan will probably be to let Carr air the ball out to an early lead and force Tennessee to abandon the run game. Then the Office will incorporate the RBs more to kill the clock.

They're going to mimic Peyton Manning Colts. Hi power offense, poor defense.

Archived