GDT Week 1: Raiders @ Titans

CaliforniaKid7

On 9/7/2017 at 8:21 PM, S&B Bleeder said:

This is rare. B| As pessimistic.... but factual and rational as he often is he's addressing this optimistically.

Personally.... I feel this fan base isn't used to success. The Titans should fear this team coming in with this offense. And the Raidernationists should be confident in their talent. They are the better team be it on the road and with a defense who looks mediocre in preseason. 

That said, I get it.... the defenses performance in preseason leaves a lot to be desired. But I know this. That group has some studs and they will make plays when needed. I have no fear here. If you're going to root for a successful team, you have to go all in. There is a lot of hesitation with this fan base again the Titans?!? Come on!! 

I respect that team, Mariota is my man. But they are last years Raiders. If this team wants to talk playoffs, competing with the Pats, etc. then they need to make a statement Sunday. And I personally feel this group and the leadership are up for that challenge. 

I think this is the best team we face all year. I am giving the Titans extra credit over KC because we can split against KC getting a net .500, also Patriots are a home game whereas Tennessee is away.

I kind of expect us to give up 500 yards of offense to the Titans. Something near 200 rushing (Murray, Henry, Mariota, and Fowler) and close to 300 in the air.  Our greatest defensive asset is Khalil Mack, obviously, but the Titans strength is having elite tackles at both the left and right side which makes Mack harder to exploit a match up compared to basically every other team in the league. I think this plays out similar to the NE/KC game where NE looked offensively dominate at times where you thought "game over", but in the end Tennessee will pack on those consistent ~7 plays time and time again like KC did when NE couldn't pressure the pocket for a win because of consistent drives exploiting match ups.

Not going to fret if we lose this one, but if we win I will consider that a huge break and a massive positive in our favor.

Our 4 losses came from the Chiefs, Falcons and Broncos (without D. Carr of course).  We can beat anybody, just have to go out their and perform.  I'm tired of seeing all these analysts pick the Titans to beat us, I hope we remind them of why a lot of them picked us as potential SB winners.

5 hours ago, Jerry said:

Our 4 losses came from the Chiefs, Falcons and Broncos (without D. Carr of course).  We can beat anybody, just have to go out their and perform.  I'm tired of seeing all these analysts pick the Titans to beat us, I hope we remind them of why a lot of them picked us as potential SB winners.

I understand the optimism for the O but have we improved overall on the D?  With Obi on IR and Conley being a rookie DB that has seen virtually nothing this off-season I believe the D is worse from what I saw.  Hope Pagano and MEJ being back have a huge impact.

51 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I understand the optimism for the O but have we improved overall on the D?  With Obi on IR and Conley being a rookie DB that has seen virtually nothing this off-season I believe the D is worse from what I saw.  Hope Pagano and MEJ being back have a huge impact.

But you don't know what you saw...meaning it was preseason and alot of things are fluid in those games.

Regardless, I thing the improvement on O could make up for a slight dip in early defensive struggles. Carr back with a vengence with 2 #1 WRs, Lynch, Cook, the twins 1 year older and stronger and the oline getting the band back together without the flat tire at RT could be a top 3 offense.

20 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

But you don't know what you saw...meaning it was preseason and alot of things are fluid in those games.

Regardless, I thing the improvement on O could make up for a slight dip in early defensive struggles. Carr back with a vengence with 2 #1 WRs, Lynch, Cook, the twins 1 year older and stronger and the oline getting the band back together without the flat tire at RT could be a top 3 offense.

At what point do you admit we are worse?  Not saying we are for sure but I would just like to know when you will admit it if we see it.  I have almost zero issue with the offense but there are a lot of ? about the Defense.  Nighttrain I respect you as a poster but you are starting to become a players poster.  It is almost like you are scared the players are going to read what you say about them and take offense.  At what position on D did we improve?  MEJ and Pagano if they do not let KNJ calls plays.  Sorry but I hate when a player says he is great, he is a players coach.  That just means he allows them to stray.  One thing I like about Belichick is everyone is accountable.  Sorry but been drinking after a long night of dealing with young employees that always have an excuse.

49 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Agreed. Let's see how the defense plays in the regular season. Hopefully they can shock everyone. Certainly be interesting to see how much game time the likes of Morrow, Adams and Lee play. Also to see if S.Smith plays nickel LB as he seemed to do in practice. 

6 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Agreed. Let's see how the defense plays in the regular season. Hopefully they can shock everyone. Certainly be interesting to see how much game time the likes of Morrow, Adams and Lee play. Also to see if S.Smith plays nickel LB as he seemed to do in practice. 

Well, it's gonna be alot IMO because I have a sneaky feeling that James will be inactive.

Archived