GDT Week 1: Raiders @ Titans

CaliforniaKid7

3 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yup and something noone was mentioning was the young linebackers were balling vs the run. Made some plays vs the pass as well.

I didn't see Lee in the second half which I was a bit surprised about as he looked good. I thought Adams was a bit off in coverage at times but still solid and James looked as good as he did in preseason.

Apart from the one Murray run when James was sidelined, there were very few big plays. Really decent performance by the D. Really liked what I saw from Vanderdoes.

11 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yup and something noone was mentioning was the young linebackers were balling vs the run. Made some plays vs the pass as well.

I think so too, but most impressed by the interior DL anchoring and opening up opportunities for the LB's to make tackles.

If we can have a decent outing against Tennessee's run game, we can stop the run against anyone.

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

First one I put on Carr and Coop.  Could have been a better throw, still could have caught it.  Second, same thing.  Carr put it in a spot where Jackson had an easier time getting his hand in there.  Third was deflected so I don't think you can call that a drop

the ball had to be high IMO on the 1st one, the one defender was inches away from getting his hands on the pass as it was. Coop has to catch that.
2nd one, whatever good D, but an elite WR makes that catch.

3rd one, it was tipped sure but you have to make that catch. 

Overall, disappointing 3 plays for him. But he made a number of good plays throughout the game. We try to make him a redzone reciever, but that isnt his role on this team. 

let him do what he does best. throw to Crab in the redzone or run with Lynch

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

the ball had to be high IMO on the 1st one, the one defender was inches away from getting his hands on the pass as it was. Coop has to catch that.

I'll have to re watch that one then.  He should have caught it but I'm fine with him not.

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

2nd one, whatever good D, but an elite WR makes that catch.

The only smaller receivers I could see making that catch are Brown and OBJ...and they're top 3 guys.  Coop isn't there yet.  But maybe that's what you mean. Maybe Baldwin or Landry but thats a tough one.  That's an Evans/Julio/Green catch, which you mention later.

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

3rd one, it was tipped sure but you have to make that catch. 

Oh.  Well ok then. Lol

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Overall, disappointing 3 plays for him. But he made a number of good plays throughout the game. We try to make him a redzone reciever, but that isnt his role on this team. 

let him do what he does best. throw to Crab in the redzone or run with Lynch

100% agree

33 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think so too, but most impressed by the interior DL anchoring and opening up opportunities for the LB's to make tackles.

If we can have a decent outing against Tennessee's run game, we can stop the run against anyone.

I know right?!?! That is what is most impressive. Of course, everyone has our tape now but it goes both ways.

Overall, good performance from the defense. Only 3 runs that got away from us including 2 from Maroita and hardly anyone will stop those 100% of the time.

If we can get Conley back and tighten our zone drops and reactions we can be even better. Having Pagano focus on that should help.

2 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I know right?!?! That is what is most impressive. Of course, everyone has our tape now but it goes both ways.

Overall, good performance from the defense. Only 3 runs that got away from us including 2 from Maroita and hardly anyone will stop those 100% of the time.

If we can get Conley back and tighten our zone drops and reactions we can be even better. Having Pagano focus on that should help.

Conley will help a lot. We can put him on the shiftiest/fastest receiver and it'll make a world of a difference on 3rd donw.

9 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Oh.  Well ok then. Lol

dont know how to get it too show both our posts haha,

but i guess my feelings for the tipped drop on 3rd,  after dropping the first two, it wouldve been great to see him make up for it.
I know it was great instincts to get his hands on the ball, but, it Coop makes that catch 9/10 i think. Just think he was in his head at the point.   

Just now, BackinBlack said:

dont know how to get it too show both our posts haha,

but i guess my feelings for the tipped drop on 3rd,  after dropping the first two, it wouldve been great to see him make up for it.
I know it was great instincts to get his hands on the ball, but, it Coop makes that catch 9/10 i think. Just think he was in his head at the point.   

No worries.  Yeah I agree, would have been nice and he is capable.  Hope he improves

I was off on the score and Mack's production but I think that was due to all the holding that wasn't called and Mariota's ability to move around the pocket.  Our defense played great.  We were able to buckle down and keep them from getting into the end zone after their very first drive.  Our LB played great as well.  I remember people talking about K. Joseph's ability to cover, he made a big play in the corner of the end zone today.  The guy can play.  I really feel like we played more to control the clock than trying to score 40+ points today.  Overall solid performance!  Onto next week!

Archived