The Positive Side

YoungBucs15

While sitting here reading up on what everyone's take on yesterday was, I thought to myself that we should have a place to talk about what is actually going right for the team from week to week.

Let's start with kicking.  We actually didn't have any stressful situations but Gay made his PAT's and felt confident that they would be made, and honestly that's weird.  

Our run defense looked night and day from last year.  Was nice to not see at least the automatic offsides call for our DT.  That combo of Vea and Suh will become what we hoped our DL will be.  David showed flashes of what we all remember David being and making plays all over the field. 

While I've read some bagging on Devin, but coming off a week of having the flu and being tasked with covering Kittle who was held to 54 yards, I think he did fairly well for his first game.  3rd on the team in tackles behind David and Whitehead.  Whitehead also being another hopeful bright spot on the defensive side.  While it was also the Niners so there was no dominant WR but VHIII looked so much better in the new scheme.

While I need to see some more out of Rojo, I think we saw the first step to him becoming the 1.  Ran with power between the tackles and showed some great cuts.

Again this about focusing on the positives of the team, leave all the negative noise on the other posts. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, YoungBucs15 said:

While I need to see some more out of Rojo, I think we saw the first step to him becoming the 1.  Ran with power between the tackles and showed some great cuts.

Rojo had more yards yesterday than he did all of last season.

And that third and long catch and run was special. That looked more like USC Rojo than anything else he's done in the NFL; practice or games.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Rojo had more yards yesterday than he did all of last season.

And that third and long catch and run was special. That looked more like USC Rojo than anything else he's done in the NFL; practice or games.

Yeah, from the sounds of it last year Koetter knew Rojo wasn't physically ready and gave up on him because he knew his job was on the line.  Hoping Rojo can string a couple of these games together and we can settle the RB position.

That flu was no joke with Evans. He really didn't look himself, after catching the one pass in the middle of the field he ran off looking like he was puking. I expect him to have a big game vs Carolina. 

Rojo did look good on his runs. I saw were he had 3-4 runs for at lease 6-10 yards. O-line wasn't as bad as I thought, still had there problems. 

• Like 1

Gay is really good 

VG3, Vea, David, Whitehead are keepers.

Barrett, Nassib, Gholston were solid definitely flashed. 

Stewart, White, Davis had rough games in coverage. White was flat out awful in every regard though which is concerning. BUT, its just game 1. (Keep your fingers crossed on this)

Overall defense was at B+ we will be in every game this season 

• Like 1

I liked how Ryan Jensen mauled that D line.   It wasn't an easy task either as they have some big boys over there in Buckner, Armstead, Thomas (i think he plays DT?)

Either way this game looked like he was earning his salary and no penalties from him directly that i remember

• Like 3

Kicking, Defense and Running Game. All three were awful last year and are vastly improved this season, or so it seems.

I’m confident that barring utter implosion from Jameis we’ll be in every game due to the above improvements. 

And considering it’s week 1 in a new offense and WR and QB communication is still improving, maybe Jameis looks like we all hope by mid season.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Rojo looked good

He needs more touches, he looks alot better than Barber

I feel like they're pretty similar to each other. Both straight line runners with some power. They take what's there but won't be making any amazing plays.