Zac Taylor Appreciation Thread

TheVillain112

Just wanted to take a minute to appreciate how much better things already are under Zac Taylor:

• Started Trey Hopkins at Center (which we all knew played well at that position).
  • Cut Michael Johnson and gave Hubbard the starting spot.  Michael Johnson went from playing like 90% of the snaps to being retired and out of the league once Marvin left.
  • John Ross sounds confident and Zac Taylor has given him an opportunity immediately despite not practicing a lot in the preseason due to injury.  We all know instead of Ross and Willis, it would have been Malone and Core playing if Marvin was still around.
  • Like 3

I've appreciated about roster decision he's made so far.  Most were obvious and you already pointed them out, but i also can't see him keeping only 4 LB's and 11 DL's.  But the fact is that the worst DL they kept was way better than the 5th LB.  Gotta keep your best players (within reason).  So i appreciate them being flexible with their scheme, and making it work.

The only thing i didn't appreciate was the lack of aggressiveness on that last drive.  They should went for it.  I know the odds weren't in their favor to make the down, but once they punted the statistics say they have little chance of winning.  Going for it, and not getting it, would have meant Seattle ball on the 44 (i believe), and you still need a 3&out.  So the difference is getting the ball back on the 5 or 10, instead of the 25, with 2 minutes to go still.