Things to look forward to

lavar703

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not exactly defending them, I can compartmentalize though between things that are going well and things that aren’t. For example, our drafts outside of 2016 have been above average or better. Also, our passing game and defense played well yesterday for a quarter and a half and then fell apart after that. 

That seems to be exactly what’s has happened, you won’t ever say I think Bruce is doing a good job or Dan, but if the draft goes is good or better like it did in 2014, 15, 17, 18 and what it seems like this year, I’ll admit it was good.

Cool you give them credit for those little good things that still lead them no where. Not even the Playoffs! It's Great they were able to get Payne, Allen, Haskins, Holcome, ect. But that does not eliminate them not getting a higher pick than a 3rd round compensation pick for Cousins, trading Fuller and a 3 round pick for Alex Smith, falsely accusing SM of drinking again so Bruce could look good, allowing Gruden to sit a Healthy Peterson for a player who didn't play 1 snap, not winning a playoff game in how long, ect...point being their Bad out weighs the good by alot Turtle and THATS A FACT. IT's nothing to be argued or disputed but I bet you will find a way to do just that. 

Also as I said b4 the freaking Patriots have more Superbowls than they have Playoff appearances under Snyder but you can't see that or want to just sweep that under the rug like its nothing. It's not nothing Turtle, It's the reason players play the game and why I was rooting for them. To hopefully see them Win a Superbowl. 

Edited by Skins212689

14 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Cool you give them credit for those little good things that still lead them no where. Not even the Playoffs! It's Great they were able to get Payne, Allen, Haskins, Holcome, ect. But that does not eliminate them not getting a higher pick than a 3rd round compensation pick for Cousins, trading Fuller and Alex Smith, falsely accusing SM of drinking again so Bruce could look good, allowing Gruden to sit a Healthy Peterson for a player who didn't play 1 snap, not winning a playoff game in how long, ect...point being their Bad out weighs the good by alot Turtle and THATS A FACT. IT's nothing to be argued or disputed but I bet you will find a way to do just that. 

Also as I said b4 the freaking Patriots have more Superbowls than they have Playoff appearances under Snyder but you can't see that or want to just sweep that under the rug like its nothing. It's not nothing Turtle, It's the reason players play the game and why I was rooting for them. To hopefully see them Win a Superbowl. 

Wait, how do any of us know that Scot wasn't drinking and drunk on the job?

We don't know that, only a select few know if he was or wasn't.

IMHO though, I thought all along that he was drinking. It seemed to me at his press conferences his face was flush red and he was kind of slurring his words as if he had been drinking but obviously, I didn't have proof of that but it did seem that he was drinking.

Also, given the result of Scot’s 2016 draft, I’d.have to say he was plastered when he made those picks! 😂 haha

So you're telling me if we draft good player I can't say ”that was a good draft pick.” Because why? Some myth that I'm supposed to hate the team even when they do something right?

That's an awful way to act like a fan.

Edited by turtle28

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Wait, how do any of us know that Scot wasn't drinking and drunk on the job?

We don't know that, only a select few know if he was or wasn't.

IMHO though, I thought all along that he was drinking. It seemed to me at his press conferences his face was flush red and he was kind of slurring his words as if he had been drinking but obviously, I didn't have proof of that but it did seem that he was drinking.

Also, given the result of Scot’s 2016 draft, I’d.have to say he was plastered when he made those picks! 😂 haha

So you're telling me if we draft good player I can't say ”that was a good draft pick.” Because why? Some myth that I'm supposed to hate the team even when they do something right?

That's an awful way to act like a fan.

So just ignore the fact the people have said Bruce likes attention (showed it cleary after this year's draft) and was jealous of SM? 

That's here nor there @turtle28 want about the most important thing, SuperBowls. Let's just focus on that. How does one team have more SuperBowls than you have Playoff Wins under a owner and his staff? 

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

So just ignore the fact the people have said Bruce likes attention (showed it cleary after this year's draft) and was jealous of SM? 

That's here nor there @turtle28 want about the most important thing, SuperBowls. Let's just focus on that. How does one team have more SuperBowls than you have Playoff Wins under a owner and his staff? 

My feelings and evaluation/observations of Scot when he was speaking at press conferences or talking to the media has nothing to do with Bruce. It's my own observation, my best friends mom was an alcoholic, my former fiancee's father and one of my former neighbors, I know how alcoholics look when they're drunk, especially someone who's white like me with a light complexion. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

My feelings and evaluation/observations of Scot when he was speaking at press conferences or talking to the media has nothing to do with Bruce. It's my own observation, my best friends mom was an alcoholic, my former fiancee's father and one of my former neighbors, I know how alcoholics look when they're drunk, especially someone who's white like me with a light complexion. 

Right, just ignore the rest of what I said. 

Let's try this again. How does one team have more SuperBowls than they have Playoff wins under Synder and his staff?

7 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Let's try this again. How does one team have more SuperBowls than they have Playoff wins under Synder and his staff?

The rest of what you said I agree with. If I don't comment on that part, it means I agree. We're not the current patriots - or even close, no one is the NFL currently - they’re the gold standard in NFL history! Our organization is one of the worst run in sports. I feel it stupid to even have a conversation about them when talking about the current Redskins. We’ll never ever be them, EVER! We weren’t even run as well as the current Pats in the 70s, 80s & the 90s before Gibbs left.

7 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I think more than half the league fits this criteria since 2000 to be honest.

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The rest of what you said I agree with. If I don't comment on that part, it means I agree. We're not the current patriots - or even close, no one is the NFL currently - they’re the gold standard in NFL history! Our organization is one of the worst run in sports. I feel it stupid to even have a conversation about them when talking about the current Redskins. We’ll never ever be them, EVER! We weren’t even run as well as the current Pats in the 70s, 80s & the 90s before Gibbs left.

Being I was 4 years old when they last won their last SuperBowl I don't even really know what it was like during Gibbs 1st era, Yet I have still stuck by them. 

Some of the best moments I've gotten to see is Brunnell to Moss for those 2 TD's to beat Dallas, Sean Taylor looking to become the best Safety to play game (laying people out while also having excellent Ball Skills) Clinton Portis 1st touch as a Redskin he takes it to the house, Rg3 lighting the NFL on fire (yet they don't protect him from himself) 

Point being this franchise is losing its main audience and fans due to no one another than themselves. Snyder seems not care, so why should I? I've said it a million times. "You Play To Win the Game" They have lost that Spirit that was at RFK and the excitement that RG3 brought back. I hope Haskins gets a staff to lead them in a brighter direction until Bruce, Jay, The Medical Staff, and Munisky are gone I can't expect too much different than below average from them. 

That's not fun!!!😟😟😟

Edited by Skins212689

38 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Being I was 4 years old when they last won their last SuperBowl I don't even really know what it was like during Gibbs 1st era, Yet I have still stuck by them. 

Some of the best moments I've gotten to see is Brunnell to Moss for those 2 TD's to beat Dallas, Sean Taylor looking to become the best Safety to play game (laying people out while also having excellent Ball Skills) Clinton Portis 1st touch as a Redskin he takes it the house, Rg3 lighting the NFL on fire (yet they don't protect him from himself) 

Point being this franchise is losing its main audience and fans due to no one another than themselves. Snyder seems not care, so why should I? I've said it a million times. "You Play To Win the Game" They have lost that Spirit that was at RFK and the excitement that RG3 brought back. I hope Haskins gets a staff to lead them in a brighter direction but once again until Bruce, Jay, The Medical Staff, and Munisky are gone I can't expect too much different than below average from them. 

Dude. I agree. I'm done discussing things that aren't going to change. I've been doing that on this forum for a decade and a half or longer since I stumbled across footballs future in the computer lab when I was a senior in college at Towson.

Dan Snyder is only 54 years old and he’s worth $2.6 billion that the government knows about. I'm 40, some of the guys in this forum are around or over 50. He's going to be our owner for most - if not all of our lifetimes - it's not changing. I refuse to act like that is going to change. 

We can't change what we can't change. That's why I mostly focus on the players and hope for the best with their play, that they play well and our young players develop into something good or great. 

Edited by turtle28