Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

49 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

True. But when Douglas and Gase bring their guys in and those guys build the culture and we start winning then it works out for us. 

Gase made a good point just now on Michael Kay. He said that people want immediate results and sometimes that’s not sustainable and you have to go through the process. Gase was 10-6 year 1 in Miami and made the playoffs. Bowles was 10-6 year 1 and just missed, bottom fell out for Bowles immediately while Gase stayed around .500 ball. 

Well of course Adam Gase is going to say that.. what else could he possibly say? It’s one thing to wait and be patient but what we see is regression. Moving in the opposite direction.

and no one is impressed with what Gase did in Miami. At least no one I’ve ever talked to/seen post

7 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Jamal Adams is coming across like a baby. Maybe he should have spoken to GM after today before tweeting. Great player but grow up dude it’s the NFL and right now you look like a kid crying in the corner. 

It’s a weird tweet for sure. Maybe he wanted out and is just upset it didn’t happen? That’s not something you air out in a tweet calling out your GM like that

Not going to end well if he makes a big deal about this. He’s apparently the leader of the team and is now publicly calling out the franchise 

Edited by GangGreen420

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’s a weird tweet for sure. Maybe he wanted out and is just upset it didn’t happen? That’s not something you air out in a tweet calling out your GM like that

Terrific football player. Seems like he’s a soft guy though. I also continue to find it funny that we all continue to act like he’s this unbelievable leader. I hope inside closed doors and on game day he is that guy. However since the start of this season, between earlier tweets, canceling WFAN weekly spot and post game comments, he’s looked anything but a leader. 

Just now, ekill08x said:

Terrific football player. Seems like he’s a soft guy though. I also continue to find it funny that we all continue to act like he’s this unbelievable leader. I hope inside closed doors and on game day he is that guy. However since the start of this season, between earlier tweets, canceling WFAN weekly spot and post game comments, he’s looked anything but a leader. 

Well he’s a goner now it looks like, and his value is only going to diminish unfortunately 

Douglas on Michael Kay

-He did talk to Adams and Adams wants to stay

-Teams called us about Adams after his social media stuff a few weeks ago

-Douglas made it clear he wasn’t moving him but teams kept calling

-Value never met what Adams means to us 

-He will sit down and talk with him to clear the air

-He will always answer the phone but he’s not having a fire sale

-Michael Kay says Adams cannot control himself when it comes to tweets and Adams tweets contradict Douglas’s reputation. 

-Douglas doesn’t take it personal.

-They’re hammering away about Adams behavior on twitter 

-Douglas says you listen to every call unless it’s about a franchise quarterback

-Teams did reach out about LeVeon. He spoke with Bell after the deadline.

-He wants Darnold as his QB. 

-We have to help him as an organization.

-He doesn’t look at roster as Macc’s guys vs his guys. 

-The team works hard but the results just aren’t there. Effort and spirit is there, execution is not(THANK YOU)

-Nothing has changed his opinion on Gase. He feels the same way about Gase as he does Darnold. We have to do a better job helping him. 

-We have to handle the adversity and put some drives/wins together. 

-Basically says offensive line needs improving. We have to do the little things better in terms of technique. 

-Douglas and CJ have conversations often, Says CJ deserves better than 1-6

-Tough decision to move Leo. Talks were going on for a while. Saw opportunity to give us multiple picks to give us some flexibility. 

-Wasn’t tough trading him to the Giants

-If he sees opportunity to make team better he will do it. 

12 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Well of course Adam Gase is going to say that.. what else could he possibly say? It’s one thing to wait and be patient but what we see is regression. Moving in the opposite direction.

and no one is impressed with what Gase did in Miami. At least no one I’ve ever talked to/seen post

I think I already referenced the regression. Bad players are still bad, Beachum is old, etc...Darnold I think is having mental issues and the game is moving too fast.

16 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Jamal Adams is coming across like a baby. Maybe he should have spoken to GM after today before tweeting. Great player but grow up dude it’s the NFL and right now you look like a kid crying in the corner. 

He’s a wimp. Take his captain patch away effective immediately. 

This dude thinks he’s above the team.