Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Why are we mad at Adams?

Didn't get just say he wanted to stay? I'm confused here guys.

Dunno.    From my understanding,  RapSheet tweet made it known that Jamal Adams was okay with being traded out of Jets and Adams simply told to the media that he did not at all as he wanted to stay with Jets and Joe Douglas went to do his business with or without Adams' okay.  It was all about to kill the false news as I don't understand why Joe Douglas made a claim that Adams was misinformed.   Dunno.

Edit: I revisited the situation.  Adams was wrong to use the word "Shopped".   Shopping and listening are not exactly the same meaning.

Edited by JetsandI
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

He called the GM/team liars essentially in a tweet. You cant do that, even though there’s just as good a chance he’s telling the truth. 

Almost every credible source out there tends to side with Joe Douglas's version of events, and quite frankly, he wouldn't be GM material if he weren't able to adequately evaluate how much the team values a player... I believe Joe Douglas revealed a lot today, you just have to read between the lines.

Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Again though, these are key things he is responsible for. Don’t look now, but there are actually 6 teams with a worse offensive line than us statistically. We don’t have this WOAT offensive line which seems to be the narrative around here. Really hoping we stomp the Dolphins this week, it needs to happen to keep the wheels on this.

You’re using a metric designed to grade OL, I’m using my eyes because the Jets are what I see on Sundays. The OL sucks ranked 25th or ranked 1st they’re trash. Listen to a Gase interview where he breaks down what’s going on.

Joe Douglas is fine,  i think Adams is being immature. 

Jets didnt say hey lets trade Adams,  he'd be gone. Some contenders probably called asking if he was available,  Douglas being a prudent gm learned that you listen  what they have to say anf when they didnt get kings ransom they said no deal. He took it personal 

Not sure if anyone listened to ESPN during the trade deadline yesterday but it sounded like Jamal Adams tipped Ryan Clark that he prefers Dallas.

Also, similar to Adams, Clark did not seem to understand a GM job. He had a long back and forth with Tannebaum, Del Rio and Mort over why the Jets would even entertain a call. Their responses were “As a GM you are responsible for running a team and you are obligated to make the team better at any opportunity”. Of course Clark being a player said “You don’t answer that phone call.” Smh

But going back to my original post, Ryan Clark made it seem like he has talked with Adams regarding being traded and traded to Dallas specifically. Makes me wonder if Adams said that stuff in private but then had his agent and Clark leak everything else to the media.

12 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

Not sure if anyone listened to ESPN during the trade deadline yesterday but it sounded like Jamal Adams tipped Ryan Clark that he prefers Dallas.

Also, similar to Adams, Clark did not seem to understand a GM job. He had a long back and forth with Tannebaum, Del Rio and Mort over why the Jets would even entertain a call. Their responses were “As a GM you are responsible for running a team and you are obligated to make the team better at any opportunity”. Of course Clark being a player said “You don’t answer that phone call.” Smh

But going back to my original post, Ryan Clark made it seem like he has talked with Adams regarding being traded and traded to Dallas specifically. Makes me wonder if Adams said that stuff in private but then had his agent and Clark leak everything else to the media.

Clark and Adams have an LSU connection so it makes sense if he knew something. 

Adams did say he doesn’t wanna be traded, Gase confirmed this to Michael Kay. 

As for taking the call you have to. If Dallas offered 3 first round picks and Douglas didn’t take that call then that’s franchise malpractice. But Douglas made it clear to Adams, Bell and even Robby we value you guys more than the people calling did and that’s why you’re still here. 

Let’s hope that now that this is over we can move forward and lock in.

I think this is WAY overrated. All the Jets did was field calls on everyone. The teams that are fight for a playoff spot are going after the bottom teams to grab their few good players. This is no different than my fantasy league where every year the top 3 teams go after the bottom 3 teams. They trade to do the old 2 good players for one great player trade. You are a moron for a GM if you don't look and listen to offers. If they are way off on the value just say no and if they are close on value counter. This is not rocket science. I think the jets will string some wins together and this will all blow over. I love how ROTOWORLD is saying Adams and Anderson are all but gone by the offseason. What a joke that is. I think we are just a few OL guys away from being a good O. I would love to pick up 2 good OL in FA then draft one in the top 2 rounds. 

New York had 12 picks in the 2014 draft, John Idzik's final class as GM. Only one player remains on the Jets' roster from that group and that's wide receiver Quincy Enunwa, who is out for the season with his second serious neck injury in nearly two years.

With Williams' departure, none of the six players in New York's 2015 draft class - the first under Mike Maccagnan - remain.

Only three of the seven taken in 2016 are left: linebacker Jordan Jenkins (third round), offensive tackle Brandon Shell (fifth) and punter Lachlan Edwards (seventh).

I thin this pretty much sums up how bad the last 2 GM's have been. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

If Adams doesn't man up and apologize... I'll lose a lot of respect for him. You can tell the difference between a real leader and a fake one yesterday. See the way Robby and Adams went to social media yesterday and then look at the way Bell did.

I think Robby’s was classic. He’s not a leader but he’s also not a cancer/locker room lawyer. Don’t sweat the small stuff. 

Adams reeks of a typical millennial who is overly emotional but constantly seeks validation. He’s loud, wants attention, and wants to be and loved, but he also wants to send out mixed/subliminal messages and exonerate himself from the perceived disfunction/losing nature... almost to say their the problem not me. It’s not leadership. (Also- I’m 28 years old so I can properly opine on what defines a “millennial”)

Le’Veon showed leadership. He spoke the corporate message even if we disagree with what was said. Nothing was fine- but when the ship is sinking you need to show unity and togetherness and optimism. I’m sure there’s added motivation there (he’s playing for a 3rd contract considering his is pretty much up after next year), but I have gained a tremendous amount of respect for him this year. He should have a C on his jersey, whereas Jamal needs more time to mature. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If Adams doesn't man up and apologize... I'll lose a lot of respect for him. You can tell the difference between a real leader and a fake one yesterday. See the way Robby and Adams went to social media yesterday and then look at the way Bell did.

I still don’t get why we continue to call Adams a leader. He’s been nothing but the contrary all season.