Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

Honestly, JD and Adams should have reached out to each other when the rumors started. I understand JD listening to offers to see if anyone was going to offer anything crazy, but the rumors were heating up to strong by the time JD said anything. I love what Adams has been doing over the years. Played at a high level, brings high energy when the team is down and was recruiting players this offseason. It's hard to keep that up when you've been losing every year is tough. I think everything will be patched up soon between the two. I'm not worried about it. 

I love Bell's attitude through all this and I'm glad we didn't trade him either. We need better play calling, 1 other WR, and fix the oline. We'll be set. Before making more cuts, we're set to have $68M in cap space + 4 picks in the top 3 rounds. If JD is the right guy, a lot can happen this offseason. 

$87M in cap space if we cut Tru, Roberts, Winters, and Enunwa. 

Edited by rickyt31

19 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Honestly, JD and Adams should have reached out to each other when the rumors started. I understand JD listening to offers to see if anyone was going to offer anything crazy, but the rumors were heating up to strong by the time JD said anything. I love what Adams has been doing over the years. Played at a high level, brings high energy when the team is down and was recruiting players this offseason. It's hard to keep that up when you've been losing every year is tough. I think everything will be patched up soon between the two. I'm not worried about it. 

I love Bell's attitude through all this and I'm glad we didn't trade him either. We need better play calling, 1 other WR, and fix the oline. We'll be set. Before making more cuts, we're set to have $68M in cap space + 4 picks in the top 3 rounds. If JD is the right guy, a lot can happen this offseason. 

Douglas was doing his job when the rumors heated up. So he’s supposed to stop working and call Adams and explain himself? No, it doesn’t work like that. 

Then after it had passed Adams decides to go into business for himself and bring a distraction to the team. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Douglas was doing his job when the rumors heated up. So he’s supposed to stop working and call Adams and explain himself? No, it doesn’t work like that. 

Then after it had passed Adams decides to go into business for himself and bring a distraction to the team. 

When it comes to your top players, yes you do clear things up. Like when Gase reached out to Bell when the rumors started about him not wanting bell. You clear it up to avoid drama. 

My opinion of Adams has soured a bit. This is why I know I’d get fired as GM within a year or two. Before the deadline, I’m like it better be for 2 1st or get out of here with that. Now I’m like give me a 1st and a day 2 pick and let’s call it a day. That’s no way of running a franchise but it’s how I feel. 

Edited by SDotNova

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

When it comes to your top players, yes you do clear things up. Like when Gase reached out to Bell when the rumors started about him not wanting bell. You clear it up to avoid drama. 

He didn’t have a chance to. Trade deadline passes, he has to meet with the media, He talked to Robby and LeVeon and said he planned to talk to Adams. Before he could do that Adams goes full diva. It’s unacceptable. Be mad in private if anything, why go on twitter? What did that solve? What leader, what captain does that?

• Like 1

My thing about Robby Anderson is, hes a solid #2 WR but we need a #1. Anderson is good for big plays, but he doesn't attack the ball or help a QB with being a #1 guy.

Anderson is great at going deep, but our OL stops that from happening. Too many times I see Anderson body catch and not attack the ball, so if he wants big time money hes gonna walk cause he isn't worth it. 

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

He didn’t have a chance to. Trade deadline passes, he has to meet with the media, He talked to Robby and LeVeon and said he planned to talk to Adams. Before he could do that Adams goes full diva. It’s unacceptable. Be mad in private if anything, why go on twitter? What did that solve? What leader, what captain does that?

I'll admit the twitter approach was wrong and this is why mentioned both of them should have reached out. JD had a chance to reach out to him while Adam and Rap was reporting this. If I had to pick a side who was worse, Adams was. But JD should have taken the Gase approach and cleared it up early. JD has called him and leader and everything, that's the least you can do. But like I said, I think everything will be fine. 

8 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

meanwhile in Cleveland

Baker is melting down.  I think Sam will be fine, we just have a terrible team and probably terrible coach.

Baker has a RB who is carrying them, 2 all pro WRs he can't seem to hit.  He has more help offensively than any QB, yet still on pace for 14 TD 27 INTs. 

Sam has the worst help in the NFL, a OL that allows guys to murder him, no WRS, a RB who can't get going. 

Ryan Kalil is the worst Center in football, awful signing. 

Brian Winters needs to get cut, hes trash. 

Edoga is playing bad too. Shell sucks. 

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Man, I don't know what to say about him. I actually wanted him to do well this season. He's breaking down on and off the field. 

Fast too. Life hit him so fast after that spark he was last year he was in MVP predictions and Super Bowl hopes and it just came crashing down. 

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Fast too. Life hit him so fast after that spark he was last year he was in MVP predictions and Super Bowl hopes and it just came crashing down. 

Yeah, it's ugly. This was supposed to be a fun offense to watch. When he left, he looked like he was about to go cry in the car. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

No Rick, Roberts is the best CB we have, those other guys you can seabag them. Last Sunday Roberts was the best player on defensive.