Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

Oh man, Jamaal, please stop talking, and hire a new agent while your at it. 

There's no defending Jamaal over these particular comments, but to act like the guy is a locker room problem or not a leader is preposterous. He's been applauded by coaches/teammates for his leadership ability since LSU, that reputation wasn't awarded randomly, and I'd be willing to bet there isn't a single guy in the locker room who doesn't believe he's deserving of that "C".

I think Jetskids analysis of the situation and Adams is dead accurate: "Typical millennial who is overly emotional but constantly seeks validation." He's 24 - if he's still acting this way in a couple years i'll change my mind. For now, i'll chose not to let it overshadow everything else he's contributed to this organization over the past three seasons. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Oh man, Jamaal, please stop talking, and hire a new agent while your at it. 

There's no defending Jamaal over these particular comments, but to act like the guy is a locker room problem or not a leader is preposterous. He's been applauded by coaches/teammates for his leadership ability since LSU, that reputation wasn't awarded randomly, and I'd be willing to bet there isn't a single guy in the locker room who doesn't believe he's deserving of that "C".

I think Jetskids analysis of the situation and Adams is dead accurate: "Typical millennial who is overly emotional but constantly seeks validation." He's 24 - if he's still acting this way in a couple years i'll change my mind. For now, i'll chose not to let it overshadow everything else he's contributed to this organization over the past three seasons. 

He’s handling this wrong, that’s what most of us have an issue with. That C comes with a lot of responsibility. Darnold, Mosley, McLendon are all handling this adversity way better. Adams is making this about himself. That’s not leadership. Do you want everyone in the locker room with his mentality or the one Bell has exhibited?

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He’s handling this wrong, that’s what most of us have an issue with. That C comes with a lot of responsibility. Darnold, Mosley, McLendon are all handling this adversity way better. Adams is making this about himself. That’s not leadership. Do you want everyone in the locker room with his mentality or the one Bell has exhibited?

Completely agree. 

It’s his way of maintaining his brand/stardom while playing for a 1-6 team.I just hope we don’t let this incident define his tenure all of a sudden. 

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

What do you remember most about Revis?

My favorite player to watch of all time. To this day, haven’t seen anyone as dominate in their prime regardless of position. 

With that being said, he was never the leader Adams is - wasn’t his thing. I see your point though, let’s hope Jamaal isn’t headed down the same path. 

38 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Completely agree. 

It’s his way of maintaining his brand/stardom while playing for a 1-6 team.I just hope we don’t let this incident define his tenure all of a sudden. 

For me he’s ruined himself as a high character guy. And it will take awhile for him to get that respect back from me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Can we talk about how he compared himself to the likes of Donald and Brady.....

How fast he had just became one of my least fav players 

AGREED!! 

1.  He compared himself to the someone who plays the most important position on the field and is probably (hate admitting it)  the best to ever play that position.

2. He compared himself to a man who wrecks games, stops the run, sacks the QB and makes the offense change their entire game plan

Adams is not close to either of these players and if he thinks so he is delusional.  And as @KingOfTheDot stated - he is going to be a nightmare to negotiate with.  If we thought Revis was headache seems Adams is a migraine. 

Edited by JetsFan15
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Why am I agreeing with the Pope?

Because he is correct on this one. 

I really did not like what Adams said at the end of last year.  And Francesa is correct when he says he separates himself from the team.   "You go to get players" "You got to get dawgs" .... the unsaid but inferred is exactly what Francesa said - I am good, I don't lose ... .. rest of these guys lose and I need better guys next to me.  Leaders make players better. 

After today I wish we moved him. He’s now a distraction and basically him going to social media is like he did is his way of asking to be traded without actually saying it. Move on from this guy. He’s a great player but he’s nowhere near the character guy we though he was. 

• Like 1

Listen to Damien Woody, what he said is 100% truth.

Jamal Adams needs to grow up, its a business and hes a luxury at this point. Great talent, but a luxury. 

Woody was a part of us when we had a good team, he knows that those teams were built around having a great OL, DL, and CB play. 

Right now this roster is built to lose football games. We have a amazingly bad OL, we have no edge pass rush, and we have bad CB play. 

Besides QB, those are the 3 most important areas of a team.  But Darnold has NO CHANCE with the team we have, he is 22 yrs old asked to do a lot and to be hit every play. He doesn't have anyone to lean on or a decent OL to protect him.

If we can't get Chase Young, we should trade down. We need picks, we have too many holes.  Chase Young is a dynamic pass rusher that you only get with a top pick, so hes the exception, I'd take him and run with it if possible. Maccagan screwed us by not taking Josh Allen, imagine right now if we had him? We would at least be set at EDGE. Quinnen Williams I didn't want, just because we always go IDL. 

Mac literally had no idea on how to construct a winning team. He was clueless. 

I have faith that Joe Douglas is gonna be better and not ignore the OL, EDGE, and CB. He has a better understanding of what it takes. He didn't give guys away, he fielded calls and made a good move by trading Leo for a 3rd and 4th if he re-signs. We were never going to keep him. That 3rd could go to a starting OL or someone who can help.

I have little faith in Adam Gase though, I have a feeling hes gonna be fired though. 

Edited by NYJets4716