Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I’m not concerned about the playoffs really. It’s about growing, giving the players something to play hard for, maybe find a few more starters, etc.

Then it's probably a good idea to not start 0-6.  The goal should always be the playoffs given it's been nearly a decade since we've been there.

Looks like Sam, Mosley, Q, DT, etc will all be back after the bye which hopefully starts with a win against a banged up PHI team.  Need the OL to gel over that bye week too.

I get that Taco is out in Dallas in part because they don't like his "laid back" attitude (which seems to be a pet peeve of our coaching staff/FO; see Trumaine Johnson), but we still should've claimed him. Let him come in and work for a week and if he's not meeting your standards cut bait and move on. 

I have a feeling we'll be regretting this one. 

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d love for someone to explain to me why we’d claim Willis but not Taco?

My 1st Douglas wtf moment I'm sure of many

IMO we don’t need another DL with no twitch and no explosiveness

at the combine Taco ran a 4.92 with a 1.73 split., a 7.17 3cone and a 4.39 shuttle. In the events that demonstrate explosiveness, he had a 33” vertical and a 9’10” broad.

Willis was 4.53, 1.58, 6.85 and 4.28 with a 39” vertical  and 10’5” broad.

neither performed well in the nfl but I think that Willis has more of a chance to develop into at least a situational pass rusher.

Edited by Rich51

3 hours ago, Rich51 said:

at the combine Taco ran a 4.92 with a 1.73 split., a 7.17 3cone and a 4.39 shuttle. In the events that demonstrate explosiveness, he had a 33” vertical and a 9’10” broad.

neither performed well in the nfl but I think that Willis has more of a chance to develop into at least a situational pass rusher.

That was Willis 25lbs ago 

6 hours ago, Rich51 said:

I had thought of it but could it be related to him being lazy.  Not say he is naturally quick but he could bring some talent to bolster the depth if not starting gig for strongside area. 

38 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I had thought of it but could it be related to him being lazy.  Not say he is naturally quick but he could bring some talent to bolster the depth if not starting gig for strongside area. 

I think Taco is more a DLinemen as opposed to a 34OLB. Cinncy tried putting Willis on the Line but I think he is more the 34 OLB. I would have been very happy if we had drafted Willis. Hopefully we get him in shape to play our edge rusher. He wouldn’t be the first great athlete to bust but for now I hold out hope that he was misused in Cinncy and can be a good fit for us.