Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

16 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You clearly know that was a typo. 

Anyway, would you say both of those coaches have better or worse personnel for their schemes than Gase?

Yeah, I know it's a typo, I'm asking which one is what you meant. Like do you think Gase is JD's guy, or do you think he's going to get his guy?

And I wouldn't say Kliff has better personnel. His OL is on paper has good (or as bad) as ours. The receivers are nothing special outside a very old Fitz. And they just scooped up Kenyan Drake. We are pretty comparable.

Honestly, if we started this season with the surrounding Jimmy G has, everyone on here would be heated. You all complain about Anderson not being a #1, but he's better than what the 49ers have at WR before Sanders.  Outside of their oline, Kittle is the only player people here would have been happy about. You're not going to tell me you would have been happy with Breida over Bell. Even with their oline, I don't think anyone would be happy with some of the individual players on that line going into the season. That's why it's not just the talent but the coaching. Not too many play-callers in the NFL would have gotten the same production out of this group. I have to give the coaches credit. 

3 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yeah, I know it's a typo, I'm asking which one is what you meant. Like do you think Gase is JD's guy, or do you think he's going to get his guy?

And I wouldn't say Kliff has better personnel. His OL is on paper has good (or as bad) as ours. The receivers are nothing special outside a very old Fitz. And they just scooped up Kenyan Drake. We are pretty comparable.

I was saying those GMs gave those coaches the pieces they need. 

49ers been building for 3 years now both Lynch and Shanahan came on 6 year deals. They never rushed the process.

Cardinals drafted almost exclusively offense, they went with Murray who fit with KK better than Rosen, they drafted multiple receivers and did the best they could with OL. 

All I’m saying is they gave their coaches a chance, Gase was handed a team that didn’t address any major concerns and the two high priced Free Agents we added are either injured(Mosley) or useless(Bell) because of the poor OL play. 

Has Gase been great? Not really but has he really had a chance at this point with all the injuries and roster issues?

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Honestly, if we started this season with the surrounding Jimmy G has, everyone on here would be heated. You all complain about Anderson not being a #1, but he's better than what the 49ers have at WR before Sanders.  Outside of their oline, Kittle is the only player people here would have been happy about. You're not going to tell me you would have been happy with Breida over Bell. Even with their oline, I don't think anyone would be happy with some of the individual players on that line going into the season. That's why it's not just the talent but the coaching. Not too many play-callers in the NFL would have gotten the same production out of this group. I have to give the coaches credit. 

They’re strong where they need to be though. Good OL, great pass rush. 

Have we not been asking for that for the last 8 years? 

Most of the darksiders said it that we would not be good because the OL was trash and we didn’t have a pass rush. 

13 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

They’re strong where they need to be though. Good OL, great pass rush. 

Have we not been asking for that for the last 8 years? 

Most of the darksiders said it that we would not be good because the OL was trash and we didn’t have a pass rush. 

Relax, I'm just talking about the offense. The oline wasn't expected to be this good with a player who failed in Detroit and another who spent 2 years on the falcons practice squad. Even Richberg struggled last season. The oline is performing better than people expected and there isn't a player in the "Skill positions" outside of Kittle that would be a #1 on this team. The staff over there run a great system and it's working. 

Originally I wanted to say they were only winning because of their defense but that offense is averaging almost 30ppg, #3 in the league. They are performing with less. We can say NOW that we wish we had their oline but if we came into the season with that surrounding, mock drafts would have been posted during preseason.  

45 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Relax, I'm just talking about the offense. The oline wasn't expected to be this good with a player who failed in Detroit and another who spent 2 years on the falcons practice squad. Even Richberg struggled last season. The oline is performing better than people expected and there isn't a player in the "Skill positions" outside of Kittle that would be a #1 on this team. The staff over there run a great system and it's working. 

Originally I wanted to say they were only winning because of their defense but that offense is averaging almost 30ppg, #3 in the league. They are performing with less. We can say NOW that we wish we had their oline but if we came into the season with that surrounding, mock drafts would have been posted during preseason.  

Projections are always a shot in the dark. You never know how a player will perform in a new system or with certain guys around them. 

On the strength of McGlinchey and Staley most would take their OL. Factor in that Shanahan running scheme where average backs become stars and then Kittle being a match up nightmare and they’re firing on all cylinders. 

Lets build a program here. That’s what the great organizations do.

9 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Projections are always a shot in the dark. You never know how a player will perform in a new system or with certain guys around them. 

On the strength of McGlinchey and Staley most would take their OL. Factor in that Shanahan running scheme where average backs become stars and then Kittle being a match up nightmare and they’re firing on all cylinders. 

Lets build a program here. That’s what the great organizations do.

That's my point. Shan runs a great system and with the 2 offensive lineman you just named, there are literally only 3 players we would take from that offense right now. So I can't compare too many coaches in the league period to what Shan is doing in San Fran. 

I agree with building like the Ravens and 49ers. They both follow the same plan and my gut tells me JD will make an attempt to give us what we want. With the teams he was a part of, I don't see him building this team without a tough defense and oline. We have the picks and the cap space to build it. We just have to hope JD knows what he is doing. The players are there this offseason. 

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Ideally this offseason I resign Robby, Lewis and a handful of backups, cut Trumaine, Khalil, Roberts, Winters, restructure Harrison, and trade Jamal.

Here’s my preliminary depth chart going into next year

QB- Darnold

RB- Bell/Josh Adams

WR1- ??????

WR2- Robby/Smith

Slot- Crowder/Berrios

TE- Herndon/Griffin

LT- ???????

LG- Lewis

C- ??????

RG- ?????

RT- ?????

DE- Philips

NT- McLendon/Fatukasi

DT- Quinnen

OLB- Jenkins

MLB- Mosley/Hewitt

WLB- Avery/Cashman

OLB- ??????

CB1- ??????

FS- Maye

SS- Adams

CB2- Hairston

Nickel- Poole

Obviously we can’t fill every hole with a top tier talent but we should be able to add a piece that’s an upgrade to the previous player in that role. 

• Like 2