Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

lol... If Sport industry ran the same command chain as general business company, they would crash and burn.

In Sport industry, players are capable to make way more money than HC and GM combination and teams count on players' talents to carry on for sport business. It is not the same as regular jobs we do for living.

Fix your line FFS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree with this. He’s an employee of the jets. His bosses are CJ, JD and Gase in that order. Name me a job in the world where you can get pissed at your 2 Direct supervisors and can decide to not talk to them for days and still be employed?

Professional sports lol

It is what it is 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Easier said than done when it comes to the NYJ

True, like Bell said if it were easy then teams would snap their fingers and be great. That’s why I wanna stick to this process with Douglas and Gase, for better or worse they have a plan and we should let them see it through. 

56 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Douglas gets it.

This is reassuring. And gives me confidence that takes at the OL will be addressed in the offseason. And that for me is hands down the priority of this team. Gotta protect Darnold in order to even stand a chance at making him a franchise QB. After that pieces will fall into place. Bell is here. Herndon hopefully can show something the last 6-7 games or so. And that’s a good start. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JetsandI said:

lol... If Sport industry ran the same command chain as general business company, they would crash and burn.

In Sport industry, players are capable to make way more money than HC and GM combination and teams count on players' talents to carry on for sport business. It is not the same as regular jobs we do for living.

Fix your line FFS.

Of course players make more money but their careers are much short, typically, then HCs or GMs.  Amount of money you make does not speak to organizational hierarchy though. I have been in organizations where sales reps make more than the sales manager.  Does not mean the sales rep can be insubordinate to their sales manager though.

That thinking, you describe, if of losing franchises not winning franchises.  Do you think a player on NE would refuse to sit with BB and not be benched or shipped off immediately?  

Edited by JetsFan15

13 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Fix your line FFS.

lol Right.

I'll use the film industry as an example since I work in it. If someone like Will Smith had a problem with a director, he's going to the top Producer and having a meeting. That producer isn't going to force a meeting because he's going to hear him out first, clear his mind, then set up a meeting with everyone and fix everything. He's not going to force a heated actor to sit down and try to make him do what he says like he's a child. These are grown men. 

That's what we're dealing with now. If you want drama force a meeting while your athlete is still mad and watch him explode. He just came out and said he's at peace with everything and is focused on the next game. He'll eventually meet with Gase/Douglas and the best thing will happen afterward. I'm good with this because it's working. I'm going to let this play out and see what happens this offseason. 

I'm more focused on seeing if Gase can pull this team together to beat any of the tanking teams we're about to play. 

12 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Jets should file tampering vs the cowboys. 

Adam's said he had interest in playing for the cowboys, and they put a article on the cowboys interest in adams.  They should file for tampering and start a investigation. 

The last thing we need is another distraction. 

Bury the story and move on. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Fix your line FFS.

Of course players make more money but there careers are much short, typically, then HCs or GMs.

That thinking, you describe, if of losing franchises not winning franchises.  Do you think a player on NE would refuse to sit with BB and not be benched or shipped off immediately?