Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

49 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Let me be clear: I'm not saying that Woody will necessarily arrange a marriage, but he'll want to be involved in the process. Every owner is. If he knows he's coming back, I can't see him letting Christopher OK a second coaching hire within a 1 year span, while still paying the other coach for another 3 years.

Unless continuous disaster ensues, the likely outcome will be that Gase returns and begins the 2020 season as coach. If he's awful you can fire him mid-season or after the season. Joe Douglas would vet/recommend the candidates with Hymie Elhai, and Woody will be involved in overseeing the process. Once Joe makes his recommendation the owner signs off. Hymie then negotiates the contract, which would likely be a 4-year deal in order to align the GM/HC together. HC reports to the GM, GM reports to President/Owner. 

I know the Johnson's have failed us many times before, but you don't sign Joe Douglas to a record breaking 6 year contract and make him one of the highest paid GMs in football to be an errand boy. If Gase is not the answer, Douglas is going to become the clear top dog in the football operation. 

JD isn't going to get pushed around either. I think if a Johnson tells him what to do he is strong enough of a personality to tell them... let me do my job or I'm out.

• Like 1

So I guess According to the post Jamal called Joe Burrow “Broadway Joe” in a tweet after the LSU win over Bama. He apologized after taking crap from Jet fans.  

Personally I don’t think it was a big deal, but man this kid can’t get out of his own way with the fans this year. Guess he doesn’t realize he’s in the dog house with a lot of us. 

Every week this team finds another way to tick off the fan base. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

So I guess According to the post Jamal called Joe Burrow “Broadway Joe” in a tweet after the LSU win over Bama. He apologized after taking crap from Jet fans.  

Personally I don’t think it was a big deal, but man this kid can’t get out of his own way with the fans this year. Guess he doesn’t realize he’s in the dog house with a lot of us. 

Every week this team finds another way to tick off the fan base. 

Fans are just being dramatic again. They'll find something or someone to be mad at every week. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Miami wins again! 

That fan base must be infuriated, I'd love to see them miss out on a QB. 

I'm hoping fitzpatrick can drag them to like 5 wins and really screw up their ranking. They wont miss out on a QB but it would force them to unload all the extra picks they acquired to move back up.

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Miami wins again! 

That fan base must be infuriated, I'd love to see them miss out on a QB. 

And Pitt has found their stride. Just two weeks ago, Miami looked like they were going to have the first overall pick and another top10 or so pick. Oops.

Edited by SDotNova

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

It hurts me to watch other teams play when they’ve drafted players we obviously should have.

Dalvin Cook and Pat Elfein still kill me considering we actually traded down with them twice in that draft. One GM playing chess and the other was playing hungry hungry hippos. Nothing against Marcus Maye but he was an over aged senior who is a good but not spectacular player. Cook is top 3 in football right now and only getting better.