Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

Gase is not a rookie HC though, if he was a rookie I would give him time. But hes doing the same exact things he did in Miami. He had massive injuries, maybe luck but its a trend. He leads the league in penalties. He makes players mad. He doesn't take any blame, fails to adjust. And coaches league worst offenses.

At least the 49ers showed signs of good offense in moments with Shanahan.  

The only thing keeping this offense together is that Darnold has elite talent, obviously hes not elite, but his abilities are among the best.  

Maybe Gase turns it around with better players, but do we want to run the risk of finding out? 

I am a Joe Douglas believer, I think he is going to address the areas we are weak at and hes going to turn this team into a more functional football team. Whether Gase is the coach or not, Idk. 

The main issues are that Adam Gase hasn't looked like a offensive genius since PEyton Manning. And hes certainly has no idea on how to run a football team, this team has been unprepared, unmotivated, and heavily penalized with Gase as HC. They looked better with Bowles as HC. 

And ones thing for certain, wherever Dowell Loggains goes they have bad offenses. That man is a disaster of a offensive coach. But hes pals with Gase and keeps getting jobs. 

Edited by NYJets4716

5 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Gase is not a rookie HC though, if he was a rookie I would give him time. But hes doing the same exact things he did in Miami. He had massive injuries, maybe luck but its a trend. He leads the league in penalties. He makes players mad. He doesn't take any blame, fails to adjust. And coaches league worst offenses.

The only thing keeping this offense together is that Darnold has elite talent, obviously hes not elite, but his abilities are among the best.  

Maybe Gase turns it around with better players, but do we want to run the risk of finding out? 

I am a Joe Douglas believer, I think he is going to address the areas we are weak at and hes going to turn this team into a more functional football team. Whether Gase is the coach or not, Idk. 

The main issues are that Adam Gase hasn't looked like a offensive genius since PEyton Manning. And hes certainly has no idea on how to run a football team, this team has been unprepared, unmotivated, and heavily penalized with Gase as HC. They looked better with Bowles as HC. 

And ones thing for certain, wherever Dowell Loggains goes they have bad offenses. That man is a disaster of a offensive coach. But hes pals with Gase and keeps getting jobs. 

Pretty hard to disagree with anything in this post. I hope Chris Johnson does the right thing but I honestly doubt it even after the Miami loss. I also think Joe Douglas wants to keep Gase as well. I have a really bad feeling we are going to be just slightly less of a disaster next season. 

7 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

And Gase was a better coach in terms of record than Shanahan their first two years as well. So I’m not sure why Kyle gets a pass for not winning. 

Look at our offense, not in terms of execution but schematically. Gase is designing some great stuff, we just gotta find some rhythm and consistency. Improve the talent level on the OL and that will open more possibilities. Darnold learning about entirely new offense next year is not ideal. 

25 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

And Gase was a better coach in terms of record than Shanahan their first two years as well. So I’m not sure why Kyle gets a pass for not winning. 

Look at our offense, not in terms of execution but schematically. Gase is designing some great stuff, we just gotta find some rhythm and consistency. Improve the talent level on the OL and that will open more possibilities. Darnold learning about entirely new offense next year is not ideal. 

I dont think it happens... but if Gase were to get fired mid-year I hate the idea of Dowell Loggains taking over as OC... He technically already is OC but we all know that's not true. 

I'd hope next year we'd get someone at OC to push/pressure Gase. A guy that can run an offense on his own if Gase were to get axed. 

Edited by Sapo28

7 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

5 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

I dont think it happens... but if Gase were to get fired mid-year I hate the idea of Dowell Loggains taking over as OC... He technically already is OC but we all know that's not true. 

I'd hope next year we'd get someone as OC to push/pressure Gase. A guy that can run an offense on his own if Gase were to get axed. 

I think Jim Bob Cooter would take over but I haven’t seen a single reason to fire him. This has been a rough year but with everything that has happened I’m not surprised by our record.

14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I appreciate you standing your ground on Gase because in reality it's premature to come to any definitive conclusion after nine games, but can we ease up on the Shanahan comparison?

I understand where you're coming from schematically speaking, but don't fool yourself into thinking his journey resembles anything close to Gases.  Shanahan inherited a rebuilding 2-14 9ers team, whereas, Gase took over a team buzzing with optimism that many of us believed would be in playoff contention this season. Despite going 4-12 last year, Shanahan consistently fielded a competent offense with 2nd and 3rd string QBs, comparatively, Gase failed miserably facing similar circumstances. It was also reasonable to give Shanahan the benefit of the doubt being a highly regarded offensive mind and first time HC. Gase, rightfully so, wasn't going to be gifted that same treatment.  

9 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Follow me. 

If Shanahan came here and started with the record he did then the narrative would have been who can’t coach Ryan, Freeman and Julio. 

He didn’t have Jimmy G to start, he was a mid season acquisition so again things weren’t looking good at all until he got competent QB play. 

It’s easy to see the success a coach has and think hey he can just copy and paste that over here but circumstances are different. The 49ers gave him and Lynch time to build. 

You said you can’t compare coaches but then compared Kelly to Gase. So which one is it? 

Either way Shanahan would have been run out of New York starting one season 1-11 and following that up with a 2-10 start. I mean look at the hand Gase was dealt and the start we’ve had and guys want him gone. This city lacks patience, I think that’s very evident. 

You can't compare " These" coaches. Shan makes players perform better, Gase never has. Shan's roster was worse than ours last season. Struggling was expected.  He got his 3rd string QB to put up numbers Darnold is still trying to reach. 

If the 49ers were so patient,  they would have made the same excuses for Kelly and gave him more time. Until Gase can prove he can get players to exceed expectations without Peyton who made every OC look good, I don't care about giving him more time or getting his players. 

I know you're going to continue to respond to anyone who says anything about Gase and I respect the fact that you're sticking with your guns but Gase didn't do anything that deserved the job and haven't proved to deserve a roster built to what he want. 

• Like 3

I wish we never let Kingsbury leave the building. I’m looking at Bienemy, Rhule, DeFlippo, and Salah as next coach, the only way I see Gase staying is a massive turn around or the Johnsons getting stingy cause they don’t want to pay out the coaches

• Like 1

RE: Hargreaves

The one thing I admittedly didn’t think about his the status of his 5th year option. He has been susceptible to injury in his short career, and the Bucs beat suggests that cutting him was largely a business move- they determined they were done with the player and didn’t want to risk his being liable for his 2020 salary ($9+ million) if he suffered an major injury. Makes sense. 

But if I’m the Jets I still put in that waiver. 

Hargreaves is a calculated risk. He’s young (24), has extremely talented, and has plenty of starting experience, but he’s been extremely inconsistent and the team was clearly bothered by his effort. I truly think he’s a player who really needs a change of scenery. One of the concerns when drafting a player to their hometown team is the distractions and sometimes involves bad influences/people lingering around the player’s life. Hargreaves needs a fresh start far away from Tampa with coaches and teammates who will push him, so hopefully Miami passes on him and the Jets take the calculated risk today at 4pm.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

I appreciate you standing your ground on Gase because in reality it's premature to come to any definitive conclusion after nine games, but can we ease up on the Shanahan comparison?

I understand where you're coming from schematically speaking, but don't fool yourself into thinking his journey resembles anything close to Gases.  Shanahan inherited a rebuilding 2-14 9ers team, whereas, Gase took over a team buzzing with optimism that many of us believed would be in playoff contention this season. Despite going 4-12 last year, Shanahan consistently fielded a competent offense with 2nd and 3rd string QBs, comparatively, Gase failed miserably facing similar circumstances. It was also reasonable to give Shanahan the benefit of the doubt being a highly regarded offensive mind and first time HC. Gase, rightfully so, wasn't going to be gifted that same treatment.  

This team hasn’t been healthy all year. That 49ers roster vs what we have had this year isn’t too far off in terms of talent. 

I use Shanahan as an example because he couldn’t win at all and if he were doing that here you would all call for his head. We would hear about him being overrated like his father and what not. 

Its not a Gase thing with me, I defended Bowles and this bare bones roster as well. Talent and execution are very crucial and it seems like as a fan base we’ve given these players an excuse to not perform. I would defend damn near any coach under these circumstances, I’m on the general board saying Matt Patricia deserves another year or two. 

37 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

You can't compare " These" coaches. Shan makes players perform better, Gase never has. Shan's roster was worse than ours last season. Struggling was expected.  He got his 3rd string QB to put up numbers Darnold is still trying to reach. 

If the 49ers were so patient,  they would have made the same excuses for Kelly and gave him more time. Until Gase can prove he can get players to exceed expectations without Peyton who made every OC look good, I don't care about giving him more time or getting his players. 

I know you're going to continue to respond to anyone who says anything about Gase and I respect the fact that you're sticking with your guns but Gase didn't do anything that deserved the job and haven't proved to deserve a roster built to what he want. 

York gave Lynch and Shanahan 6 year deals because of their impatience with Tomsula and Kelly. York went with the yes man in Tomsula and then Kelly whom was familiar with the area. He knew he had to have some patience this go around and it’s beginning to work out for them. 

Everyone here knows if we hired a coach who went 1-11 and 2-10 you would want him fired. 

Also no one with a straight face can say the team as currently constructed should be better than they are. We’ve been pulling guys off the street all year. 

Players matter.