Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

FYI Josh Allen with 2 sacks last night. We might be lucky if Q has 2 TFL all season.

I get you loved Allen, most people on here did, but why so pessimistic about Q? I assume this is probably sarcastic, but still, I can't help but laugh at how many people seem to be overreacting to a game that Q hardly even played in. 

For the record, I preferred Allen, but there's no reason to think that Q can't/won't be a dominate player.  

3 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

I get you loved Allen, most people on here did, but why so pessimistic about Q? I assume this is probably sarcastic, but still, I can't help but laugh at how many people seem to be overreacting to a game that Q hardly even played in. 

For the record, I preferred Allen, but there's no reason to think that Q can't/won't be a dominate player.  

I was being sarcastic. in my predictions. But I'm not sarcastic at all in that I think we made the wrong pick. And you stated in your post exactly why. HE BARELY PLAYED. The #3 pick in the draft should pretty much ALWAYS start right away and produce.

And I care about results and atm Q has produced 0. So until he proves me wrong I'll say we messed up big time. We drafted Leo in the same situation pretty much and he's been average (an awful pick bc of where he was chosen). So based on the past I wouldn't bet on Q changing my mind. He literally has to be Aaron Donald and JJ Watt good for me to think he was a good pick with what we already had on the DL.

24 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

They expect Big Q to register some sacks or TFL from inactive standing.   I don't know if he can match Suh, McCoy or Dareus as successful top 5 rookie contract signers but I have full confidence that he will perform better than our Dewayne Robertson and Glenn Dorsey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I want him to come in with a lumberjack beard. Luke " Smooth As" Falk going to lead us to a victory. 

IHOP or Denny's could be his major endorsement. That should help Jets control the salary cap.  His incorporated item is consist of the followings:

3 flat flapjacks

1/2 cup of lump free mashed hash potato

2 boiled eggs (shelled)

2 pressed turkey sausages

1 large Espresso Smoothie (look at Ice Cream section for your flavor)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

IHOP or Denny's could be his major endorsement. That should help Jets control the salary cap.  His incorporated item is consist of the followings:

3 flat flapjacks

2 boiled eggs (shelled)

All kidding aside I actually like Luke Falk.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

FYI Josh Allen with 2 sacks last night. We might be lucky if Q has 2 TFL all season.

And these were his first two in three games. This is such an impulse reaction. Give Q more than 18 snaps. I knew the Josh Allen guys were going to hyped after he had his first impact. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

3 flat flapjacks

2 boiled eggs (shelled)

Bro, Holiday season is coming and I refuse to miss out on the grinch pancakes & tying the Jets to that green. Easy marketing. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

And these were his first two in three games. This is such an impulse reaction. Give Q more than 18 snaps. I knew the Josh Allen guys were going to hyped after he had his first impact. 

You're basing your post on draft spot and what you think is potential. But fact is Allen has produced already and Q hasn't. That's a fact, that really cant be debated.

It really comes down to that we constantly rate our players higher than they are.

Another fact is that Mayfield and Allen are way ahead of Darnold in their development. Jets fans don't want to hear that... but its true. That doesn't mean they'll have better careers... its just means they are out performing him and developing more in the same time in their pro careers. A lot of this isn't Darnolds fault being he was injured last year and now has mono. But that still doesn't change the fact that they're ahead of him.

Sometimes as fans you have to face the facts when they aren't pro what we think is good.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You're basing your post on draft spot and what you think is potential. But fact is Allen has produced already and Q hasn't. That's a fact, that really cant be debated.

It really comes down to that we constantly rate our players higher than they are.

Another fact is that Mayfield and Allen are way ahead of Darnold in their development. Jets fans don't want to hear that... but its true. That doesn't mean they'll have better careers... its just means they are out performing him and developing more in the same time in their pro careers. A lot of this isn't Darnolds fault being he was injured last year and now has mono. But that still doesn't change the fact that they're ahead of him.

Sometimes as fans you have to face the facts when they aren't pro what we think is good.

The FACT is Q has barely gotten a chance to play and you take on Allen being ahead in development over Darnold is absolutely hilarious. That guy is still a nightmare throwing the ball. This isn’t even a glass half empty post, there is nothing in your glass. You are literally Rich Cimini/Manish Mehta just spewing nonsense right now. You’re better than that. This is simply another manic post because you’re down on the team right now. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

The FACT is Q has barely gotten a chance to play and you take on Allen being ahead in development over Darnold is absolutely hilarious. That guy is still a nightmare throwing the ball. This isn’t even a glass half empty post, there is nothing in your glass. You are literally Rich Cimini/Manish Mehta just spewing nonsense right now. You’re better than that. This is simply another manic post because you’re down on the team right now. 

Well let me break it down for you bc they've played nearly the same amount of games.

Sam Darnold: 15 games (4-11), 3,040yds, 58.7% completion, 19 TDs, 15 INTs, 138yds rushing and 1 TD.

Josh Allen: 16 games (8-6) (actually won the game he came in as a starter as well), 2,581yds, 54.8% completion, 12 TDs, 14 INTs, 690yds rushing and 10TDs.

So Allen has 4 (and really 5) more wins than Darnold which is a huge stat. Considering our teams are pretty much on par in weapons and all. You brought up accuracy when Darnold is only 4% more accurate than Allen. Neither are accurate really. Now total TDs Allen has 22 to Darnolds 20. Right on par. And there INT numbers are Darnold with 15 and Allen with 14 but Allen has played more.

So overall if you look at what they've done they're pretty equal in terms of yardage throwing and running, TD wise and INT wise. The big difference is the record. And correct me if im wrong... but isn't the point of the game to win football games? And Allen is doing that A LOT better than Darnold.

Like I said I'm not saying that he will have a better career than Darnold but I just showed you that they're pretty much on par stat wise and Allen has quite a bit more wins. So for me Yes he's ahead of Darnold in his development.

47 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The big difference is the record. And correct me if im wrong... but isn't the point of the game to win football games? And Allen is doing that A LOT better than Darnold.

I can’t pin this on Sam. He had Bowles last year and the Jets had way less talent than Buffalo last year and probably still this year. But when you watch them you really cannot say Allen is ahead of Darnold as a passer. It sucks but so far I still don’t think we have the right people around Sam unfortunately.

The loss to Buffalo was a team failure. I actually blame Joe Douglas and Gase more than anyone for that loss because of the kicking situation. 

The Bills win more games than the Jets. It’s not Allen winning more games than Sam IMO. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I can’t pin this on Sam. He had Bowles last year and the Jets had way less talent than Buffalo last year and probably still this year. But when you watch them you really cannot say Allen is ahead of Darnold as a passer. It sucks but so far I still don’t think we have the right people around Sam unfortunately.

The loss to Buffalo was a team failure. I actually blame Joe Douglas and Gase more than anyone for that loss because of the kicking situation. 

The Bills win more games than the Jets. It’s not Allen winning more games than Sam IMO. 

I 100% think Darnold is the better QB and will be the better QB long term... but fact is Allen is on par with him stat wise and is winning games. Therefor I put him at this stage in progressing ahead or Darnold.