Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

Let’s be real for a second. He himself said that he should have told them beforehand he was going to miss it or be late. Also there’s how many hours in a day? You could only take your wife out to eat right when you had to be somewhere? Take her to breakfast or dinner for crying out loud. If any of us had a meeting at work and missed it to take our wives out to eat... we’d all get disciplined as well.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Let’s be real for a second. He himself said that he should have told them beforehand he was going to miss it or be late. Also there’s how many hours in a day? You could only take your wife out to eat right when you had to be somewhere? Take her to breakfast or dinner for crying out loud. If any of us had a meeting at work and missed it to take our wives out to eat... we’d all get disciplined as well.

This. But it’s easier to say “Same Old Jets” “Gase this, Woody that”

Q knew he messed up and looks bad going public. He has a job to do, had two unexcused absences. Fines were appropriate. 

The fan base will preach about how we need to hold this person accountable or that person accountable but when it’s done it’s an issue and they hate the team. 

They got on Bowles for letting guys be late and still play and are getting on Gase or Douglas or whoever instituted the fine for disciplining a player. 

They talk about bad habits and yet when something is done to hold these guys accountable it’s an issue. That’s ridiculous IMO.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Q knew he messed up and looks bad going public. He has a job to do, had two unexcused absences. Fines were appropriate. 

The fan base will preach about how we need to hold this person accountable or that person accountable but when it’s done it’s an issue and they hate the team. 

They got on Bowles for letting guys be late and still play and are getting on Gase or Douglas or whoever instituted the fine for disciplining a player. 

They talk about bad habits and yet when something is done to hold these guys accountable it’s an issue. That’s ridiculous IMO.

I was completely on the Jets side because I knew KO was just dogging it he has the history. This just seems a little different. It’s a guy whose bled for us and plays hard and whose career is in jeopardy. I’d like to believe the Jets aren’t at fault here but at first glance it seems like we are always at odds with players getting injured. Bobby’s assessment however was spot on. 

34 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Get out of here with your fan superiority nonsense. Your consistently wrong

I’m sure this is commonplace around the league.  but the Jets FO seems to lack any type of tact. Q shouldn’t be going public with this but it’s interesting that pissing off the players is now a thing. 

No one expected guys like Adams and Quincy to be clashing with coaches/FO and have always been leaders on this team. It seems JD/Gase or whoever wanna take a hard approach but you can’t if you have no pedigree of winning 

• Like 1

Enunwa tweeted that he didn’t go public so people will feel sorry for him. Well I don’t. 

My brother in law injured his back on a job site and might lose his house in tying to pay for his medical and monthly bills. Enunwa is getting millions to show up for top notch treatment. 

Lots of fans want to “change the culture” but you do that by instilling discipline and self accountability. 

And I’m sure one of the teammate he said had his back and said it’s f**ked up was Osemele. Turns out that dude was a cancer in Oakland and brought it to New York. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Exactly. I'm a supervisor for the US Treasury Dept... and I'm a very lenient boss. I'm big on treating my employees great and you get great work. But you still have to demand work (given I only manage 6 people ;) ) This has served me well in the 2 years I've been in my position. The thing you have to be careful with is how long of a string you allow. The old saying you give an inch they take a mile. You don't discipline Q for going to lunch with his wife, then the next player has an excuse why he missed practice for a reason, then the next, and it only gets worse. A line has to be drawn. This is a non story of the whole KO thing and Falk thing never happened. And even more importantly if Q told the team before hand he had plans before hand and rescheduled his treatment. Its about communication. And Q did none of that besides going to social media. His 1st tweet tells you everything you need to know. That he didn't tell the team before hand he was going to miss the treatment. Right then the case is closed. He at that point is not 99% wrong, he's 100% wrong. And that's why he's fined. And he should be.

• Like 3